JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Evening all

I'm after a durable/reliable tyre compressor that I can keep in the garage to check the pressures and top up if needed. Preferably I'd like an all in one and would prefer mains over 12V but that's not important. I'd like a nice clear digital display but overall has to be reliable. My previous experience with these hasn't been great as normally the first time I use them they break.

Any recommendations? And where to buy?

Rs3owner

Rs3owner

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Evening all

I'm after a durable/reliable tyre compressor that I can keep in the garage to check the pressures and top up if needed. Preferably I'd like an all in one and would prefer mains over 12V but that's not important. I'd like a nice clear digital display but overall has to be reliable. My previous experience with these hasn't been great as normally the first time I use them they break.

Hi ,

I have always had the one made by ring automotive , first one lasted 6 years and the current one is still 3 years strong.

Think my current one looks like this
https://www.amazon.c...r/dp/B00OP0WZGI

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Evening all

Take a look on here Jay.......

http://aircompressor...CjXsaAnB_8P8HAQ

Paul

Paul

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUK
Ring RAC 630@ £26

Is all you need. It will fills flat tyre in about 3.5 minutes and fits in the boot lovely.Attached File  image.jpeg   115.64K   20 downloadsAttached File  image.jpeg   102.54K   19 downloads

Edited by Paul, 30 April 2016 - 07:48 PM.

Paul

Paul

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUK
The one I have is the 630 pictured above.
It looks like the newer 635 has a bigger display, slightly longer hose , heavier cable and quieter operation.

postie

postie

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Any of you guys had problem with tyre compressor supplied. Had a new tyre fitted because of puncture recently and the garage had inflated couple pounds pressure low so tried to adjust pressure today. Connected compressor up for use but when I switched it on there was a sound of rushing air and the tyre completely deflated.All the connections were fine and the compressor was still running but not inflating.Had to borrow another compressor from a neighbour but that would only inflate to 30 psi  :angry: enough to get to garage to fully inflate. Fun day,not one bad word crossed my lips. :rolleyes:

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Not had an issue with the one supplied - runs a bit hot but they all do in fairness.

If I was in your situation all of the local cats had better be on their toes unless they wanted a kicking! I don't have a cat otherwise it would be target number 1.

And thinking about it, the only cat in cat range belongs to next door and it likes to take a dump in my front garden so I pebble dash myself when mowing the lawn so it is due a kicking whenever I can get close enough to it.

Sorry to turn this into a cat thread but I am intending to mow the lawn tomorrow....

And seeing that the thread is now all about cats this blog always made me smile for those who share my warped sense of humour http://www.27bslash6.com/missy.html

LaRocK

LaRocK

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

I use the Ring Tyre Comp others have mentioned here and check the pressures weekly due to some tardy vehicle maintenance on my part previously. Also have a Sakura guage to check the comp is doing is job.

No comment on the cat situation Tony lol!

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

DoOQWauV4AA8-KZ.jpg

LaRocK

LaRocK

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Is that a guillotine?

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Stuck kitty Scott - have some heart - stop spamming the cat thread  :)

LaRocK

LaRocK

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Got one coming into the veg patch all the time, I try to convince myself its fertilising the soil but each time I discover one of dem wee round foul smelling dookies when I'm weeding my cat sympathy goes out the window.

Dooahhdoo

Dooahhdoo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Cat crap is unhealthy for soil. Best remove it as soon as possible.

Our cat situation here is horrendous. They crap on the lawn, they crap on the flower bed, they crap in the back garden, dog eats it (Labrador) then pukes and craps blood then I take him to the vet for another wallet emptying.

A couple of years ago purchased ultrasonic cat scarers powered by 9v battery. Turn them on and walk away then at random times in the night them emit some sort of sirent that everyone can hear so you get angry neighbours knocking on your door. Tried citrus peelings, chilli, pepper, curry powder no good. Bought some expensive solar powered cat scarers recently. These ones worked as my 19 year old Son could hear them when activated and was very uncomfortable around them. 2 days later, two craps in range of it, one right underneath it.

Don't get me started about cats :)

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Not a cat lover here either .....poo on the grass...... flower beds.....no birds visits due to there stalking.

There only fit for .22 cal practice if I could get away with it !

Dell.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Our George hates cats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

postie

postie

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Not sure I learned anymore about tyre compressor but hopefully all the information about cat s**t will come in handy in later life  :)

mattwez378

mattwez378

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationBoston, UK

Ive had no issues with the one supplied, just check the pressure with a good pressure gauge afterwards.

As for the cat issue, motion activated sprinklers work well, I'll find the link and post it 

Edit: Heres the link 

https://www.amazon.c...=9325&camp=1789

Edited by mattwez378, 19 May 2020 - 10:36 PM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Matt.

I've use the oem compressor a few times & found it worked fine & the gauge to be ok for it's use.

Dell.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.