E92 M3 - RS3!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

2hel

2hel

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi my name is Nick and I currently own an E92 M3 But thinking of moving across to an RS3, just a few questions which have probably been asked 1000 times on here so I do apologise in advance!

Do people use theirs daily? I'm thinking of letting the misses use it for work journeys (I know, crazy right!)

Do people find the boot too small for a young families needs? I notice the boot capacity is smaller than the A45's??

I'm noticing a lot of base spec cars, are their any extras which are really worth holding out for (I'd be looking for a used facelift car)

What are servicing costs like for the RS3? (This one I could probably search for but being lazy!)

Thanks guys (and girls)

Nick

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Welcome Nick,

Mines in use daily, can't get enough of it

Boot is fine for me, can get everything I need to into it no problem

There are some low spec RS 3's for sale, but you'd find a well specced one if you look around depending on what colour you want......

Dynamic pack a must

Rest is personal preference depends on what you find important.

Servicing .....first oil change £200+

Second inspection service £ 300 >£450 depending on the dealer

2hel

2hel

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks for the quick reply! Servicing is cheaper than the BM which is good news, currently have the M3 and a 1.0 focus so trying to find a happy medium! lol I like the Nardo grey and see that's a 'base colour' also quick like the aluminium pack? I'll keep an eye out for the right one though they seem very rare, are they a 'limited run?'

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
I've got Alu pack

Nardo divides opinion,however I quite like it.

They stopped taking orders but I've a feeling the MK 2 will run into a larger number than the MK 1.

Then there's the noise the sports exhaust makes........ Oh my
563778d6d321df2c9d70fa076be02782.jpg

e34678f2a5947497d0d674c4ca81d607.jpg

Edited by T-800, 19 April 2016 - 08:07 PM.

2hel

2hel

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Yeah I've seen that! It's quite a modern colour though? It could date quickly, love the aluminium pack, think it makes it look more aggressive! 👍🏻

Rs3owner

Rs3owner

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Hi my name is Nick and I currently own an E92 M3 But thinking of moving across to an RS3, just a few questions which have probably been asked 1000 times on here so I do apologise in advance!

Do people use theirs daily? I'm thinking of letting the misses use it for work journeys (I know, crazy right!)

Do people find the boot too small for a young families needs? I notice the boot capacity is smaller than the A45's??

I'm noticing a lot of base spec cars, are their any extras which are really worth holding out for (I'd be looking for a used facelift car)

What are servicing costs like for the RS3? (This one I could probably search for but being lazy!)

Thanks guys (and girls)

Nick

I chose the RS3 over the a45 because of the boot although physical capacity is bigger on the a45 , the opening on the a45 is an odd shape so getting things like a pram , walking frame ect is near impossible in the a45.

The RS3 has a wider opening, I have 2 kids and it's very comfortable for daily family use.

Best taking your self and kids with the normal outing stuff like prams ext and trying both. Huge deals to be had on the new a45 that are hard to ignore. But imo the RS3 has a better quality interior and is slightly quicker. If that matters.

The must haves for the RS3 for me would be the dynamic pack, sound and comfort pack anything else is a bonus.

Hope this helps

IMO the ally pack on the nardo doesn't quite sit right it's the only combo I'm not keen on

Edited by Rs3owner, 19 April 2016 - 08:18 PM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
The 5 cylinder engine coupled with sports exhaust

Rs3owner

Rs3owner

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

The 5 cylinder engine coupled with sports exhaust

O yeah and the sound, the RS3 sounds amazing and doesn't come second to much it's got it's own sound !

2hel

2hel

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

O yeah and the sound, the RS3 sounds amazing and doesn't come second to much it's got it's own sound !

Thanks for the help! Yes the sound is something I'm drawn to as a I had a mk2 focus RS which is a 5 cylinder so I know they sound fantastic, also looks like the Revo stage 1 has good gains too! I don't technically have the family yet, a little one is on its way so just making sure it would be suitable as an all rounder really

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
a2dab8b3064b060a6b36351085142724.jpg

I have a mk1 but similar boot space to the mk2...
If a German Shepherd can fit in the boot then it's big enough. Haha

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

The MK 1 boot is actually a little longer front to back too

Rs3owner

Rs3owner

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Thanks for the help! Yes the sound is something I'm drawn to as a I had a mk2 focus RS which is a 5 cylinder so I know they sound fantastic, also looks like the Revo stage 1 has good gains too! I don't technically have the family yet, a little one is on its way so just making sure it would be suitable as an all rounder really

Easy a daily drive with one little one I'm from two tuned focus st's and and a tuned focus rs.

The RS3 is better on fuel than both and you can actually use the power through the 4 wheel drive in any weather un like the rs and st's. Sound is similar and performance wise were the rs and St starts to run out of breath higher up the revs the RS3 just keeps on pulling hard coupled with the s tronic its relentless!

Wow I'm getting excited I might have to go for a drive😂

Let's not even talk about launch control

2hel

2hel

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Well that's it I'm sold!!

Easy a daily drive with one little one I'm from two tuned focus st's and and a tuned focus rs.
The RS3 is better on fuel than both and you can actually use the power through the 4 wheel drive in any weather un like the rs and st's. Sound is similar and performance wise were the rs and St starts to run out of breath higher up the revs the RS3 just keeps on pulling hard coupled with the s tronic its relentless!
Wow I'm getting excited I might have to go for a drive
Let's not even talk about launch control

That's good to hear as hopefully I'll take it on track eventually, I've had an Evo X in the past and loved the AWD so looking forward to getting back to that planted feeling (though the tail happy M3 is good fun!)

2hel

2hel

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Does anyone know how many RS3's have been made?

Rs3owner

Rs3owner

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Well that's it I'm sold!!

That's good to hear as hopefully I'll take it on track eventually, I've had an Evo X in the past and loved the AWD so looking forward to getting back to that planted feeling (though the tail happy M3 is good fun!)

You would love it !

There is a lad at the end of my road who has an e92 m3 and he powerslides out of the end junction every evening at 17:30 and it sounds amazing , tires must cost him a fortune

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

"I'd be looking for a used facelift car" could be a long wait ;)

TX.

Nardo RS4

2hel

2hel

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

You would love it !

There is a lad at the end of my road who has an e92 m3 and he powerslides out of the end junction every evening at 17:30 and it sounds amazing , tires must cost him a fortune

Yeah it much do they don't last long with normal driving really! The sound is incredible that's what puts me off the 2.0 A45 tbh

2hel

2hel

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

"I'd be looking for a used facelift car" could be a long wait ;)

TX.

Yeah, I know lol but I'm not in a major rush really would rather have a well looked after used car than one that's being used as a demo by a dealer

booker

booker

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

The MK 1 boot is actually a little longer front to back too

And a dog as well......

;)

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

And a dog as well......
;)

Eh ?

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.