red14

red14

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Folks,

Just did a search on google to check the difference between TTRS and RS3 brake discs. This brought up a page listing for our very own forum.

I dare not even try to copy the page link - but it looked genuine.

part of the address was "1539-brake-problems-read-this" 

Please be careful, if I got caught it's a cert this will catch someone else.

Thankfully this hit my Mac Air (which I thought was fairly invincible) - and crashed it while running Chrome. Back up and running no problem with anti-virus but it shouldn't have happened.

Hope this is of help to someone.

peazz

peazz

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Site has been hacked for ages which is what all the adverts are when you first enter the site...

Previous Cars; M135i, F80 M3, 65 Sepang RS3, 15 Catalunya Red RS3 with all the trimmings
Current: Stage 4 Litchfield GTR 650hp/602ftlbs

red14

red14

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Cheers, this one was a direct click from a google search page. I usually just jump into the last place I was at on here.

I'll just have to be even more careful!

peazz

peazz

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Ive noticed it happens on first load... its either the site has been hacked and a cookie based system installed or MacD has installed some advertising, go back a page, then click (or reload) and it always goes straight to the page you wanted.... this make its damn hard to detect or find in the files because of how 'random' it is...

I suspect a script is being injected into the page either based on a cookie, localStorage or just simply 'randomly' which redirect the user to an outside website which spams the screen with dodgy adverts..

I have been trying to catch it myself to figure out what is doing it but by the time you go back or reload and check the source, nothing is there.

Source: I'm a web developer 

Edited by peazz, 09 April 2016 - 11:01 AM.

Previous Cars; M135i, F80 M3, 65 Sepang RS3, 15 Catalunya Red RS3 with all the trimmings

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

Ive noticed it happens on first load... its either the site has been hacked and a cookie based system installed or MacD has installed some advertising, go back a page, then click (or reload) and it always goes straight to the page you wanted.... this make its damn hard to detect or find in the files because of how 'random' it is...
I suspect a script is being injected into the page either based on a cookie, localStorage or just simply 'randomly' which redirect the user to an outside website which spams the screen with dodgy adverts..
I have been trying to catch it myself to figure out what is doing it but by the time you go back or reload and check the source, nothing is there.
Source: I'm a web developer 

This is the trouble we are having, it's a random link.

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

45bvtc

45bvtc

Started with nothing and still have most of it left

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • LocationStaffordshire

GOOD to be aware mind, well done RED14 and thanks...

peazz

peazz

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

This is the trouble we are having, it's a random link.

I Know I am just a random on your forum, but if you want an extra set of hands to help try and find it, then let me know and I will see what I can do...

EDIT: Also members that are worried... don't be, its a domain hijack... basically they are making money of the site. 

Edited by peazz, 09 April 2016 - 06:50 PM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Yeah i'm getting this 

Just built a new PC for work and the antivirus is blocking something when first clicking on the Forum..........

peazz

peazz

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Its weird, I am deleted all my cookies, localstorage and everything and its not triggering it at all.

Chopper

Chopper

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Avast intermittently gives me a threat warning when I land on the home page.

Im_conrad

Im_conrad

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationLondon
On my phone it's sometimes opening another page.

red14

red14

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Darn it, just got it again! Arghh. Reminder to self - don't click on search results! :angry:

(Glad my mac makes it easy to sort it out though)

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.