• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Suzuka_Ro

Suzuka_Ro

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

We all know how the RS3 was inferior to the M135i according to his last video,
Now we have the A45 AMG against the M135i and this seems to be a more closely fought contest and does seem a bit of a machine the Merc.

Wouldn't have one myself tho...

Edited by CatnipRS3, 17 July 2013 - 09:36 PM.
Corrected YouTube link

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

I'd quite happily give him my car on Goodyears and sho him the difference it make. Are you reading this Mr. Harris? Get your 2 pet favourites back together and I'll give you my car and I'll put money on you being more impressed than you were with the RS3 press car on Conti's

Douglas

Douglas

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSingapore
Garage View Garage

I do agree with Chris that the RS3 does understeers badly even after I changed to GYF1 tyres. But there is always the slow in fast out technique.

CarrG

CarrG

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Do you swith the traction off fully? I find it behaves much better fully off.

Think you could give C Harris a perfectly set-up RS3 and he would still slate it...

Ibis RS3 - Buckets - Bose - Black Ed - Cruise - High Beam Ass - Privacy - Elec Mirrors - Heated Rear Seats - Light & Rain Pack

VW California GP 180 DSG - "Candy"!

Douglas

Douglas

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSingapore
Garage View Garage

In Singapore, we have the opportunity to drive in the Sepang Internation Circuit in Malaysia (just a 2-3hours drive away).

I drove about 10laps with the traction on and the car understeers badly even with the F1 tyres and I had the 034 Rear ARB installed and MTM Stage 1. It was my first time in Sepang with this car, so I was a little cautious and leave the traction control on.

But after getting familiar with the car, I turn it off and amazing things happened! I shaved a full 10secs off my previous time with traction control on. But the car still understeers when push to the limits and I have learnt to know the limits of this car and adapt the slow in fast out control. I was also running too high trye pressure as well, thus insufficient grip of the tyres. I only did 3 laps with the traction control off and the rear ARB started knocking against the rear drive bolts, so I have to call it a day.

Do you swith the traction off fully? I find it behaves much better fully off.

Think you could give C Harris a perfectly set-up RS3 and he would still slate it...

ryes3

ryes3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationCheshire
Garage View Garage
I've said it before on other forums but I guarantee he would have a different opinion if he had driven the optional 255 front's that I have on mine. Only ever had the rear skip in mine, no mention of under steer at all!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

2016 RS3 Nardo Grey | Black Styling Pack | Dynamic Pack | Comfort and Sound Pack | Super Sports Seats | Privacy Glass | Advanced Key | Black Roof Rails | 8.5J Gloss Black Rotors | Non-smoking Pack | Dimming and Folding Black Mirror's |

ryes3

ryes3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationCheshire
Garage View Garage
Not to mention the muppets response to the stiffer suspension after pressing the S button..... Uurgh, taxi??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

2016 RS3 Nardo Grey | Black Styling Pack | Dynamic Pack | Comfort and Sound Pack | Super Sports Seats | Privacy Glass | Advanced Key | Black Roof Rails | 8.5J Gloss Black Rotors | Non-smoking Pack | Dimming and Folding Black Mirror's |

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

Douglas, I still maintain you have the wrong spec bar from 034 which I also did initially, pity you can't get it changed unless you have found your invoice as yet? I have had zero issues with mine which is the revised spec and I don't believe Klauster has had any problems with his either.

And given the sound of a bar rubbing against fastly spinning diff bolts it's not a noise you would easily miss!

Edited by P_G, 19 July 2013 - 07:10 AM.

Klauster

Klauster

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
Garage View Garage

I've been driving hard for a couple of weeks without any knocking, just a bit of tyre squeal :D

PT3

PT3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

No knocking from mine either, and I drive hard.

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

I lost a lot of respect I had for harris when he claimed the suspension was awful when it changed on the S button and that the BMW was faster because it over took the RS3 at 140mph despite being slower 0-60 and around the track.........

Making the review fit to his own desired outcome!

Also while i'm ranting,  If you have to step out the rear of a car to keep up then realistically in the real world its considerably slower as 99.9% are not going to do that on the road!   

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.