18 replies to this topic

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

Stumbled across one of these giving it beans locally,  Didn't realise what it was initially until he floored it and it took me by surprise!

Supposedly does 60 in a blistering 3.7 !!

It was very quick in a straight line altho the RS4 managed to stay with it.   It doesn't however stop well as you'd expect or go around the twistes as well as RS badged things :)

Anyone come across one or driven one? 

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

Absolute beasts, 547hp and 500ft torque! Treat them with respect ;)

TX.

Edit - 4.7s to 60 though so shouldn't really trouble us from the lights  :police:

Edited by terminator x, 12 March 2016 - 12:42 PM.

Nardo RS4

Sonnybo55

Sonnybo55

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
I had one of these last year it was rapid, it drank so much fuel it was unbelievable 🙈

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

All the articles i can find quote 4 seconds or say sun 4 seconds.   

Either way it's flaming quick !

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

scotexile

scotexile

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationIn Exile

TX.

Edit - 4.7s to 60 though so shouldn't really trouble us from the lights  :police:

I think they're around 4s too - likely to be a close run thing at the lights ...
Maintaining status quo is not an option

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

Heavy though ...

"All this means that despite weighing 2380kg the M SUV’s can reach 62mph in 4.7 seconds, that’s the same as a Cayenne Turbo S. The pair are electronically limited to 155mph but if you choose to equip the M Driver’s Package, this rises to 171mph"

TX.

Nardo RS4

booker

booker

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

The only drawback of the M driver's package is that stopping distance from top speed increases from two continents to three  :)

MikeFish

MikeFish

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts

I considered buying one of these a couple of years ago when I was also looking at a Cayenne Turbo S. The BMW is slightly quicker in a drag race and meant to be a slightly better drivers car. The Porsche had a more lusurious interior with leather dashboard and alcantara roof lining as standard.

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
Not my cup of cha at all, but for sure with nigh on 200bhp more than we mere 'souped up' A3's have, it is not gonna be slow!

TX.

I am pretty sure the difference between 4.3 and 4.7 secs in reality would be the length of the front bumper! Be afraid.... And use launch control if you want to show 'em! LOL

:blue: ​    Sepang Blue 8V RS3. Loud Exhaust. Loud Music. Louder Interior. Quiet Exterior.

MikeFish

MikeFish

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Not my cup of cha at all, but for sure with nigh on 200bhp more than we mere 'souped up' A3's have, it is not gonna be slow!

I am pretty sure the difference between 4.3 and 4.7 secs in reality would be the length of the front bumper! Be afraid.... And use launch control if you want to show 'em! LOL

Or find a bend.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Or find a bend.

My thoughts as well. You beat me to it.

Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

booker

booker

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

One of the great things about the RS3, and indeed other cars of similar size and performance, is their maneouvrability and the capability to use more of the performance more of the time. I spent an hour in an RS6 at a dealers event last autumn and whilst the straightline performance was simply mind blowing, the times when it can be used fully are few and far between - an RS3 would be quicker and much more fun on most of the narrower, winding roads we have in this country

ColinC2

ColinC2

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • LocationBournemouth

One of the great things about the RS3, and indeed other cars of similar size and performance, is their maneouvrability and the capability to use more of the performance more of the time. I spent an hour in an RS6 at a dealers event last autumn and whilst the straightline performance was simply mind blowing, the times when it can be used fully are few and far between - an RS3 would be quicker and much more fun on most of the narrower, winding roads we have in this country

Couldn't agree more with that. Never been a big fan of 4x4 vehicles, although I did run a 4.4 V8 X5 when i lived in Kent countryside, until the fuel bills on a 100 mile daily commute nearly crippled me (bought an A4 Avant 1.9 Tdi to commute in !) and I really cannot understand souped up 4x4 and definitely cant understand the X6 or X6M - a style over form statement!! 

Generally the roads in the UK are narrow and so even something not really that large , like an RS6 , is hard work to maintain the relatively small advantage over an RS3 (or 4 wheel drive hatch from another German manufacturer  :D )

[Colin dons flameproof suit and exits  :unsure: ]

BMW M2 in Mineral Grey

Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDi Black Edition

Used to have a Condor Grey RS3 8P, and before that a further 47 assorted money pits

booker

booker

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

I seem to recall Mike Fish making an observation in one of his posts to the effect that the straight line performance of his wife's RS3 was inferior to his RS6 where they could both the exercised fully, but available and accessible so much more of the time.

In and around Sutton Coldfield where I live, most of these large 4x4's - BMW X5 and X6, Range Rovers, Audi Q7's - are driven by the 'yummy mummy' brigade with noses about 2 inches from the windscreen whilst perched on cushions so they can see over the wheel. You can only imagine the standard of driving, and as for fitting them somewhere between the two white lines we all call a parking space - well, for once I am lost for words

Rs3owner

Rs3owner

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts
No problem

MikeFish

MikeFish

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts

No problem

The RS3 had a stage 1 Revo, but I'd expect the end result to be the same.

It's no contest really; the RS3 will beat it in a straight line without even pulling out it's Trump card over the BMW; braking and cornering.

MikeFish

MikeFish

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts

I seem to recall Mike Fish making an observation in one of his posts to the effect that the straight line performance of his wife's RS3 was inferior to his RS6 where they could both the exercised fully, but available and accessible so much more of the time.

In and around Sutton Coldfield where I live, most of these large 4x4's - BMW X5 and X6, Range Rovers, Audi Q7's - are driven by the 'yummy mummy' brigade with noses about 2 inches from the windscreen whilst perched on cushions so they can see over the wheel. You can only imagine the standard of driving, and as for fitting them somewhere between the two white lines we all call a parking space - well, for once I am lost for words

Yes, as echoed above, the RS6 feels a lot quicker in a straight line but you constantly have to back off the power otherwise you will end up in a ditch or lose your license. The RS3 and the RS4 can be nailed more often.

booker

booker

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

I still love the look of your RS6 Mike, particularly since you had it lowered   :) 

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Couldn't agree more with that. Never been a big fan of 4x4 vehicles, although I did run a 4.4 V8 X5 when i lived in Kent countryside, until the fuel bills on a 100 mile daily commute nearly crippled me (bought an A4 Avant 1.9 Tdi to commute in !) and I really cannot understand souped up 4x4 and definitely cant understand the X6 or X6M - a style over form statement!! 

Generally the roads in the UK are narrow and so even something not really that large , like an RS6 , is hard work to maintain the relatively small advantage over an RS3 (or 4 wheel drive hatch from another German manufacturer  :D )

[Colin dons flameproof suit and exits  :unsure: ]

This is exactly why I like this size of car. It is manageable and fun without the need to close eyes and hope it squeezes through.

Largest car I have driven in London was an E-Class Merc, and it felt massive! 

:blue: ​    Sepang Blue 8V RS3. Loud Exhaust. Loud Music. Louder Interior. Quiet Exterior.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.