- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

wilobach

wilobach

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi all a quick question has any one changed the shift pattern of the stick as its the wrong way round for seqential shift, up shift should be back not forward, has some one changed this on there car or is it at all possible, before i dig into the wiring diagrams

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

Unbolt seat ,turn it round then pulling lever back will upshift.Voila.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

Pat

Pat

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • LocationStaffs/Cheshire border
I enjoy hitting the stick rather than the paddles on my cars but yeh when I was driving the RS for the few weeks I had it I was always getting it wrong because of the shift direction

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

Paddles  :ph34r:

TX.

Nardo RS4

scotexile

scotexile

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationIn Exile
There is something more precise about using the stick - to be honest, having driven Audi autos for the last 10 years I'm used to the shift direction so don't notice anything wrong ;)
Maintaining status quo is not an option

wilobach

wilobach

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I use the paddles some times but its not practical when turning steering wheel as they go with the steering and hard to keep track of, and the stick is always there the same, supose i wil have to have a good look atvtge wiring diagrams and give it a shot ;)

Edited by wilobach, 11 February 2016 - 08:03 PM.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

I use the paddles some times but its not practical when turning steering wheel as they go with the steering and hard to keep track of, and the stick is always there the same, supose i wil have to have a good look atvtge wiring diagrams and give it a shot ;)

Thats where paddle extensions come into play to make life so much easier to hit when you're on lock nailing it and hanging on to the wheel for grim death  :84:

Attached File  IMG_0017.jpg   62.19K   6 downloads

Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

wilobach

wilobach

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I see people's point, I've the paddle extensions fitted and it all comes undone when your steering is 180deg out changing in tight corners, problem is I've a rally car with seqential gerbox which is opposite to the Audi and would like it the same, just wondered if someone had changed it around

kevin69

kevin69

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts

I see people's point, I've the paddle extensions fitted and it all comes undone when your steering is 180deg out changing in tight corners, problem is I've a rally car with seqential gerbox which is opposite to the Audi and would like it the same, just wondered if someone had changed it around

Just hold that there low gear for longer on the tight bends until you straighten up y,all - rapido

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotexile

scotexile

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationIn Exile
You're braver men than me changing gear mid-corner! I'm always pegged down before turn-in
Maintaining status quo is not an option

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

C'mon wheres the fun in that. Turning right at roundabouts is the best. Flip it down to 2nd when your in full manual mode just before entering the roundabout, start feeding the power in as you go around, as you approach the apex of the turn on 180 lock now getting in to the higher rev band flip up the 3rd with your left hand (paddle extensions are helping a lot here as you are changing up with the wrong hand) and then nail it, the car twitches as you start to wheel spin before the haldex hooks up and shoots you forward whilst you feed out the lock, approaching your exit, front lightens up a bit as the weight shifts rearward inducing a light loss of front traction, flip up to 4th (with your right hand as now paddles back on the correct side), again a slight twitch as the power kicks in and it scrabbles for traction.

Ahhh happy days...

Much better than using the stick to shift..

Gotta love this car..

Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

Paul

Paul

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUK

I cannot see it being too much of a challenge to change the wiring to the switches so the car sees + as a back and - as up.

I havent looked but I guess somewhere in VCDS, there will be a measuring block to show the output of the switches in a test mode even if it only confirms a 1 or a 0 when activated.

Edited by Paul, 11 February 2016 - 10:32 PM.

STRIKE EAGLE

STRIKE EAGLE

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationNORTH WALES

love it Duke !! .... I have also perfected something similar at right hand turns ,, also when turning right I pre-turn the wheel to the right and get my left hand on the paddle and *** it into 2nd , by which time she is straight again and I`m back on the right hand ,,,  also love that slight twitch as the front wheels `dig` in.......still a truly awesome machine indeed.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.