21 replies to this topic

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage
I'm glad to hear so many of you enjoyed the first ever RS3-Fest this weekend, the sheer number of you made for an extremely impressive display of cars.

Apologies if I didn't get around to speaking to everyone.

While its fresh in your minds I'd just like to know what we did right or what you think either needs improving or adding ?

I'm confident next years RS3-Fest will now have dedicated track time aside from a parade lap as I know so many people once they ventured out on the parade lap then wanted track time.

What would you like to see? Was the venue ok? Etc etc.

Thanks again !

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

I think the day was as good as it was ,

everyone had their own plans with where and who to meet and it all seemed to come together perfectly,

The only thing there was a lack of were traders , one mush selling tools and another selling haynes manuals for mk1 golfs !

Other than that all good for me, as mentioned track time is a 100% yes next time 

Thanks again for a top day

Chungster

Chungster

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
More forum flags maybe, in other colours like White/Black/Blue/Nardo

:-)

fynedog

fynedog

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGloucestershire

I think track time just for the club would be good. rather than mix it up with 10 year old golfs and A4s

would trust fellow RS3 owners with their cars than some one with a track only banger

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Not a lot more the club could do i don't think...

I was disappointed, as Roy mentioned, about the shear lack of traders and other things going on but thats down to the event to improve. I guess because its track focused it means the "show" type stuff is lacking.

100% will do track time next year but as above, limited to our club only sessions for obvious reasons

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

I'm glad to hear so many of you enjoyed the first ever RS3-Fest this weekend, the sheer number of you made for an extremely impressive display of cars.

Apologies if I didn't get around to speaking to everyone.

While its fresh in your minds I'd just like to know what we did right or what you think either needs improving or adding ?

I'm confident next years RS3-Fest will now have dedicated track time aside from a parade lap as I know so many people once they ventured out on the parade lap then wanted track time.

What would you like to see? Was the venue ok? Etc etc.

Thanks again !

This was the first show as a group of mk1/mk2 owners and it was great that everyone just GOT ON TOGETHER ,this is the third year of shows I've done with RS3OC and this show was definatley the best yet.Ive only got one suggestion for next year and that is Steve and Caroline don't forget to pack your coats ;) 

Chungster

Chungster

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
Traders have never been a prominent thing for this event unfortunately - it was reported the VW one in August didn't even have the independent catering wagon there!

You have the usual suspects like Audi UK / Milltek Sport / TT Shop / Dialynx attending, but in the main it's more about the track sessions and an opportunity for clubs to hold an event for its members.

Inters will be similar - not much going on apart from the 1/4 mile sprinting.

hullrs3

hullrs3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationHull
As said before, for me there is little that could be improved on next year apart from say 40-50x Audi RS3's so we have more that the TTOC!
I did notice where they were located that they had been put near a water tap or two so this would help the coffee/tea drinkers. Not me really although I could bring cups soups.

I did get the impression from someone from a different Audi Group that ADI previously used to have a lot more traders than AITP, but when I checked the website I was disappointed at the limited turnout. Also, I did not notice a stand for the Audi Driver Magazine unless I missed it.

Although not convinced on going back on the track with my car, I would go back on as a passenger.
Also it has got me thinking even more now that I want a dashcam but it would have to be front and rear unless I can get a pair of G.M. eyes implanted into the back of my head!

Jmcnamee98

Jmcnamee98

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Nothing more the club could have really done in my eyes great organisation cheers Steve and Caroline. 

If 30+ members are going to attend future events a couple more flags would be good and agree more traders there would also be good. I was surprised Awesome didn't have the APR truck there. 

Last on the wish list would be club discount on track pads to replace the RedStuff I set on fire!  :D

red14

red14

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Sounds like you all had fun. Must try to make it from the far north next time there's a meet.

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Can we also ban veggie burgers !

Robinsky kindly brought some of them and said he had bought one for me ,

So I tried it and to be honest I think the box it came in would have tasted better !!!  :20:

SK-RS3

SK-RS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
RS3OC mugs to drink a brew from incase it's as chappy again next year :)

Mr_Freeze

Mr_Freeze

Leeds, Marching on Together.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationWestbury, but originally from Leeds.
Garage View Garage

RS3OC mugs to drink a brew from incase it's as chappy again next year :)

There was an RS3OC mug, we call him Roy ;)

Current car: Tesla M3 Performance.

“Lightning" 2012 RS3, Ibis White (Sold).  “Bumblebee” 2018 S1 Competition, Vegas Yellow (Sold).  2020 TTRS mk3 Sport Edition (Sold).

Danny

Danny

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Can we also ban veggie burgers !

Robinsky kindly brought some of them and said he had bought one for me ,

So I tried it and to be honest I think the box it came in would have tasted better !!!  :20:

Still got 2 veggie sausages and a strange looking what I can only describe as a burnt weetabix still on the bbq! Nice surprise when I opened the lid to clean it. Thanks for organising Steve and Caroline. Bacon butties went down well too. Thanks for those too. Gazebos were a good idea too. Definitely track time next year. That was so good. Convoys worked well also. Our stand must of been the best surely!

Metroline

Metroline

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

thanks to steve and caroline, the day was great fun and really enjoyed meeting all the club members. the only thing i would suggest for next year would maybe be a little stand selling Audirs3oc.com gear. saw the TTOC and a couple of others had some and it might bring in a few more faces to the club.

apart from that eveything else was excellent.

thanks guys :)  :)  :) :)  :)  

Josh

Josh

If it's got **** or wheels it'll lose you money!

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

The day was great, I can't fault a single bit of it. Would have been nice to get some more of the North West lads down next year, it's not that bad of a drive and Robinsky, Matt and myself knocked 45mins of predicted time (amazing how quick you can get places when there is nobody on the roads :)

A bigger presence of the like of APR and REVO ect would be nice, I was hoping for a show day deal on a Milltek or something but never mind. 

I agree with Wayne, some RS3OC gear would be great, even in general as I'd love a t shirt or even a coat. Nothing too garish just something subtle and understated would be ace. I'd happily pay for it before had so you aren't out of pocket.

OH... and a ban on the word MUSH... ;)

ColinC2

ColinC2

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • LocationBournemouth

OH... and a ban on the word MUSH... ;)

I am sure that the perpetrator of said word would happily give it up for a day in exchange for a ban on Nardo cars.... 

BMW M2 in Mineral Grey

Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDi Black Edition

Used to have a Condor Grey RS3 8P, and before that a further 47 assorted money pits

kevin69

kevin69

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
My brother has his own clothing / printing company - so if you have not got anyone in mind yet to provide some club gear I can get something done at cost price.
Would just need an idea on designs and artwork and I can get a sample done if needed !!
He does coats / hats / shirts / t-shirts. Etc.....
Embroiders and prints !!!
Can also get the floor mats done if that indeed is allowed ??
Cheers
Kev

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robinsky

Robinsky

Evo Triangle Guru

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Roy didnt you like the veggie burger???? :o :o :o 

Danny, Please dont throw the sausages away ..... they get better with age!!! ;)

Glad you all enjoyed the veggie food.... Will bring more next time!

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Ill bring me own cardboard to eat next time mate, veggie food sucks  :angry:

The bacon rolls were cooked to perfection nice and crispy ,,,,,,

Throw the veggie burgers  away Dan .... I think even the rats would not eat those bloody things ................................. MUSH 

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.