27 replies to this topic

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

Just got my car back from Audi for them to look at 6 issues.Came back with 7 !! and has now broken down.

1 Weird white mould on rear window runner. Still there

2  Brake squeal even with update.Still there.

3 Passenger seat rattle .Still there but they have ordered a new seat.

4 Exhaust blow from center joint.Still there.

5 Bad gear change D4 - M3. Said they`d reset the box but did an update instead that I didn`t want.

6 Timing chain rattle at 2000 rpm on start up..Still there but they are going to look again at that.

7 Rattle from front suspension which wasn`t there before.

Coming home tonight suddenly massive loss of power,engine missing really badly.Not just one cylinder but random cylinders.Gear indicator going haywire changing up and down at will. Smoke out of back of car and strong smell of burning.Engine speed governing light on dash.Car would do about 5 mph, just.Managed to crawl home ,scanned,2 faults.

1 Fuel pressure sensor (G247) Malfunction intermittent

2 Post-Catalyst Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor correction;Bank 1   P2097-001 - Too Rich.

On the gearbox update. I scanned before and after Audi had the car.Does anyone know how to tell if an update has been done from the VCDS log as all the digits are identical.

Anyone had similar engine issues?

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

mattbracken

mattbracken

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK
I can't relate to any of these issues, however, sounds to me as if it's Audi recovery material if you still have that service?

45bvtc

45bvtc

Started with nothing and still have most of it left

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • LocationStaffordshire

I f-e-e-l for you; rarely does taking an Audi motor car with issues to an Audi Dealer result in a satisfactory outcome; while the front of house may be saying all the right things the telegraph between them and the guys with the spanners always seems to break down and this a UK wide issue over many years....

C'mon Audi UK, stop spending on the new product advertisements and get the current product service right.

The further I stay away from an Audi Dealer the happier I am.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
It's shocking

Like the dealerships are scared of trying to fix them

When mine went into Manchester recently they only fixed 1 of 3 faults and that was only because I had a video recording of it

Sent from my iPhone using Brembo

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationPreston Lancashire
Garage View Garage
All they are good at is at telling lies.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles, hope you get it all sorted.

Edited by Vito, 10 July 2015 - 06:46 PM.

Posted Image

oxley.matt

oxley.matt

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Is your cap mapped? Any mods? I ask considering your number plate.

scotexile

scotexile

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationIn Exile

I f-e-e-l for you; rarely does taking an Audi motor car with issues to an Audi Dealer result in a satisfactory outcome; while the front of house may be saying all the right things the telegraph between them and the guys with the spanners always seems to break down and this a UK wide issue over many years....

C'mon Audi UK, stop spending on the new product advertisements and get the current product service right.

The further I stay away from an Audi Dealer the happier I am.

I do tend to agree and I've not had anything too major go wrong with mine over the years. However, these dealers are not Audi, they are franchises and that's their first priority. I've had one misfortune of needing a Master Tech ..... was taken in by the title until we went out on a test drive to identify a fault ..... the mist cleared and I saw right through him. Sorry, rant over!

Your point re Audi UK getting their priorities right is spot on - too much adverts and social media; not enough emphasis on product/customer service 

Maintaining status quo is not an option

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationPreston Lancashire
Garage View Garage

Is your cap mapped? Any mods? I ask considering your number plate.

Yes the plates says it all: Stage1 APR, decat pipes, Milltek non res cat back and K&N panel filter 

Posted Image

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
The fuel pressure sensor G247 is under the intake manifold
2c3d0253983f6db0d133e36135af2f74.jpg

I wonder if its failure has upset the fuel mixture and the resulting rich mixture has also damaged the Lambda sensor........

Sent from my iPhone using Brembo

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Yeah multiple component failures at the same time are fairly uncommon unless you don't fix the root cause of the issue and run the car long enough to make the 2nd component fail.

Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

oxley.matt

oxley.matt

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
If you're pushing your car harder than what Audi designed it for, I'm not surprised you have issues.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
That's the thing Raptors is a standard car.
Which isn't good news for such a young car.

Sent from Cyberdyne systems

marshy

marshy

Valued Club Member

• Account Removed
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationDumfriesshire
Problems like this are why we need to leave our cars standard when in warranty and after if looking for any goodwill!
Really hope it's nothing too serious and gets sorted.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

The car is totally standard No remapping.I was only doing 20 mph.in stop start traffic when it failed.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

marshy

marshy

Valued Club Member

• Account Removed
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationDumfriesshire
Hopefully Audi will diagnose and fix your car first time, at no expense to you!
Keep us posted how it goes.

marshy

marshy

Valued Club Member

• Account Removed
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationDumfriesshire

The car is totally standard No remapping.I was only doing 20 mph.in stop start traffic when it failed.

Any news on this mate?

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Car sorted.Now before you all call me a plonker, read on.Audi cleaned out the tank, fuel lines and changed the fuel filter.There was a load of diesel and crud in the system.At first I was deeply embarrassed and really didn`t want to admit this on the forum.Now I have never in 35 years driving misfuelled a car and was adamant I hadn`t this time. So after paying Audi £583 and getting the car back I went back to the petrol station with a jerry can to get a fuel sample.At this particular station there are 4 pumps with the diesel and unleaded pumps on the left and V Power and unleaded on the right.Because of the layout of the station I always use the same nozzle from the same pump to fill up.There is no diesel nozzle on "my" pump.However when I got to the station there was a big bag covering the pump and a sign saying "Not in use".They`ve obviously put diesel in the V Power pump.Unfortunately I didn`t get a receipt for the fuel so I guess I`m snookered. Surprisingly there was no damage whatsoever and performance back to normal.

It`s going back in to Audi on Monday to have this timing chain rattle sorted.It`s been getting worse recently starting at lower and lower revs and becoming much more frequent. 

marshy

marshy

Valued Club Member

• Account Removed
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationDumfriesshire
Glad you got it sorted mate, even if you had mis fuelled it's easy done.
If your sure it's the station at fault I'd mention it to them as they'll have cctv.
Good luck with getting your timing chain sorted too!

Paul

Paul

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUK
You might not have a receipt, but did you pay on a card? That might track / time /date the purchase if you did.

josedebardi

josedebardi

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • LocationDorset, UK

Wow - quite a foul up by the petrol station! It'd be impossible to mis-fuel as the diesel nozzle is too big to fit in an unleaded car spout anyway - on this basis (along with the credit card/CCTV proof if you can get it and the fact the pump was suddenly out of action) I'd say you have a strong case to have the station reimburse you.

Audi RS3 Panther Black with all the options expect the Pano Roof

395556.png
VCDS Genuine Rosstech USB-HEX+CAN Owner - PM if you want any coding/mods done in Dorset in exchange for beer/money

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.