- - - - - apr stage1

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

corioso21

corioso21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi ive just make the remap to my RS3 with APR stage 1/2 V2.1 the single program. Is there any recommendations of changing something else?, air filter?, just for stage 1?. Or taking care with the power at first?. Please help me with this info, that would be very of great help.

Any advice is welcome

tismot

tismot

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationWiltshire

May be a silly question, but what did APR recommend ?

What else has your vehicle already got fitted to it ?

Where would you like to end up ? Power/torque ?

How much money do you want to throw at it  :)

Mark

red14

red14

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

How much money do you want to throw at it  :)

Mark

Slightly re-jigged - I think Carroll Shelby once said : Power costs money - how fast do you want to go?

corioso21

corioso21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Its standard just the remap, Nothing else, I just want to know if there is something absolutely necesary. after stage 1

tismot

tismot

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationWiltshire

Anything that helps the engine breath will help, perhaps a free flow exhaust along with a K&N air filter ?

Mark

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationPreston Lancashire
Garage View Garage

Its standard just the remap, Nothing else, I just want to know if there is something absolutely necesary. after stage 1

With a stage1 remap there is nothing as you say " necessary" to be added on.
Posted Image

AudiRS3

AudiRS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationLancashire

How do you guys get away with Audi not finding out...say if your Audi developed a fault and you needed to diagnose it......I well wanted to do it..but have been put off my all the possible problems with the RS model, etc.  :unsure:

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
Garage View Garage
You can't get away with it, if Audi wants to find out if the car is mapped, they will.
Posted Image

AudiRS3

AudiRS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationLancashire

You can't get away with it, if Audi wants to find out if the car is mapped, they will.

So have you mapped your motor then? is it worth it? 

corioso21

corioso21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ive just drove the car and the change its absolutely amazing, between 2.500 rpm and 4.000, the car has change a lot!. The gear changes feels a lot more more aggressive when you shift them.
About if I'm going to do any change, the only thing it's a air filter from K&N.
thanks for your help and any recommendation would be great

Paul

Paul

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUK
I recently looked at drop in panel filters.

I couldn't be bothered with oiled ones. I would throw it away and buy another before cleaning and re-oiling it.

That left the main 2:

Pipercross make a dry filter for circa £35
ITG make one for around £63 that doesn't need oiling and only the occasional wipe when soiled.

Then I looked into paper vs aftermarket discussions.

It is widely argued no filter is going to better a paper air filter for filtration, although aftermarket may last longer, flow better.

In short More flow = requires bigger holes.

Bigger holes ultimately means less filtration.

The surface area of pleated paper is massive compared to foam. One owner unfolded a pleated paper filter on ASN and it was 28ft long.

I decided to stick with OEM paper filter and change more often.

Audi Don't change them until 38,000 miles.
My cars done less than 7.5k in 3 years. Now while it didn't visually need it, I've done it anyway.

Paper for me:

Cheap to replace
No cleaning or oiling required
Arguably better filtration if changed regularly
Won't upset Audi
No need to inform insurance.

Edited by Paul, 06 May 2015 - 06:59 PM.

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
Garage View Garage

So have you mapped your motor then? is it worth it? 

Yes it's a stage1 apr with decat pipes, panel filter and milltek cat back and it is a lot better then stock. Last time I had it on the rollers, it showed 393 bhp and 535 lbft, so in terms of performance I think it is well worth it.
Posted Image

AudiRS3

AudiRS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Yes it's a stage1 apr with decat pipes, panel filter and milltek cat back and it is a lot better then stock. Last time I had it on the rollers, it showed 393 bhp and 535 lbft, so in terms of performance I think it is well worth it.

Sounds amazing! Does this mean Audi are aware of the modifications and have not affected the warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
Garage View Garage

Not exactly, my dealers yes are aware my RS has been mapped but, it has never needed any warranty work to be done, just updates which have been carried out without problem.

Posted Image

corioso21

corioso21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Paul thanks for all the information about air filters, I'll check them and see which one I'll put in the car.

AudiRS3

AudiRS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Not exactly, my dealers yes are aware my RS has been mapped but, it has never needed any warranty work to be done, just updates which have been carried out without problem.

Cant believe your RS3 is pushing so much in terms of hp and ft pounds of torque...i'm tempted....but I don't want to ruin the original MPG and wear everything quicker...although it must be worth it! getting the secondary decat pipes at the end of this month.....cant wait to have them fitted....!!  :wub:

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
Garage View Garage
Tbh the remap doesn't make any difference to fuel consumption, some actually find that the mpg gets better.
Posted Image

AudiRS3

AudiRS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Tbh the remap doesn't make any difference to fuel consumption, some actually find that the mpg gets better.

What about mechnically? will it not put more strain on gearbox, drivetrain, prop shaft, etc? I guess I am looking for confidence before doing it lol  :rolleyes:

sawda

sawda

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationNorth London
Had mine 4 months... No Issues at all with a remap, in fact no issues with anything to do with the car... My biggest problem is finding an empty stretch of road 😁

Edited by sawda, 07 May 2015 - 11:18 AM.

AudiRS3

AudiRS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Had mine 4 months... No Issues at all with a remap, in fact no issues with anything to do with the car... My biggest problem is finding an empty stretch of road

I have this problem with no remap  :wacko:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: apr, stage1

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.