• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Danny

Danny

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Well, picked up my car after having the Haldex software update and I've tried launch control 4 or 5 times and I can report that... its a lot less effective. Nowhere near as aggressive as before. The revs don't even reach 2000rpm. I tried just setting off with sport mode activated with ESP off and I think the launch is quicker by a margin to 60. Not a lot in it. Catnip is will probably agree with this.... By the way remapped cars beware....

MBK

MBK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Oooh that doesn't sound good.  Why remapped cars beware? Does the update overwrite the map?

Danny

Danny

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

i believe so....

MBK

MBK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Thanks Danny that is useful information, another reason to be glad I kept the remap cash in my piggy bank!

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage
Surely most tuners offer the guarantee that if its wiped at the dealer they'll reapply it? Don't they?

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationPreston Lancashire
Garage View Garage
That's right MacD, that's exactly what Dave at ADS told me when he Revo-ed my old GTi. ( Free of charge ).

Edited by LattyboyRS3, 17 May 2013 - 08:00 PM.

Posted Image

MBK

MBK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

I agree they do from Revo experience, it's a pain having to go back though isn't it.  I say let them get all the teething trouble sorted out first and then play!

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
Garage View Garage

I had the GTi mapped to stage 1 when it only had 1500 mls on the clock and never had the slightest problem with it.

Posted Image

MBK

MBK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Again I agree Vito - we Revo'd SEAT Cupra's from early on too with no problems but the RS3 seems to have had a more than it's fair share of niggles - brakes, prop shafts, 5th cylinder letting go etc etc. At the moment I will wait and see.

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
Garage View Garage

That's exactly what's been holding me back Mark, apart from the dealers sticking their nose in.

Posted Image

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
Garage View Garage

Saying that, I have only heard of one RS3 where the engine packed up and wasn't even mapped !!

Posted Image

PT3

PT3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Interesting.  My Haldex update was carried out two weeks ago, and launch control doesn't feel much different than before.  Revs still hold at around 3.2k, etc, etc. 

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
Garage View Garage

Today I had my car at the dealers for the brake fix and what they called an " engine management software update " I asked what was it about and the tech said not to worry as I would have not felt any difference with the way the car drives, I have not checked yet if the LC is the same but will do it tomorrow.

Edited by LattyboyRS3, 17 May 2013 - 10:27 PM.

Posted Image

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
Garage View Garage

Are you all trying LC with Sport on and TC off?

SwissRS3

SwissRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationAristau, Switzerland
Garage View Garage
BTW: Users of the www.audirs3.de forum have made similar experiences - no mentional impact to engine power or LC...

Cheers Hartmut (SwissRS3)

*** It's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden, unexpected stop ***

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
Garage View Garage

BTW: Users of the www.audirs3.de forum have made similar experiences - no mentional impact to engine power or LC...

Do they note any slower 0-60 time?

SwissRS3

SwissRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
Garage View Garage
Not as far as anyone has mentioned so far.
As I have the Haledx Gen 4 Performance Kit installed, my car is not affected, so I have no personal experience with this update.

What has been said in the german forum is, that Audi has leveled out the revolutions per minute between ESP in Sport and ESP totally off.
Before the update some useres had differences - if I remember correctly - it was 3'100/min and 3'400/min and after the update it was somewhat 3'200/min equally in both levels.

BUT, not all cars are in need of the update. It seems that only cars manufacured later than end of 2011 are affected, but yet this is not proved.

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
Garage View Garage

After having the already mentioned " Engine Management Software " update, I tested the Launch Control this morning and I can happily say that nothing has changed, still lightning up the tyres and its off.... :black:  :wub:   

Posted Image

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
Garage View Garage

Strange.....

Wonder why then some are reporting it being less effective! 

Anyone know what the update is actually for then?

SwissRS3

SwissRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
Garage View Garage
Yes, I do - at least I know the official satetment:
With some RS3 the Haldex software put too much power to the rear axle wich results in so much torque on the cardan shaft, that it spoils.
The Update levels out the power ratio in a way, that this should happen any longer. But, as said before, not all cars are affected, you will have to check with your dealer.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.