Photo

What cost for 410ps? 2016 RS3

53 replies to this topic

aaronc

aaronc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi all, excited newbie here, just bought an 2016 RS3 Daytona Grey in West Sussex, South East.  

Just wondering how much in cost and wheres the best place to achieve approx 410ps?

My car history so far... Clio Williams - >Clio172 -> Boxster -> TVR T350T -> Lotus Exige S -> 911 2S -> Lotus Exige V6 -> Audi RS3

many thanks in advance

Edited by aaronc, 21 November 2017 - 11:44 AM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Hi all, excited newbie here, just bought an 2016 RS3 Daytona Grey in West Sussex, South East.

Just wondering how much in cost and wheres the best place to achieve approx 410ps?

My car history so far... Clio Willaims - >Clio172 -> Boxster -> TVR T350T -> Lotus Exige S -> 911 2S -> Lotus Exige V6 -> Audi RS3

many thanks in advance

If you want solid advice then you’d do well to speak to @Fivepotfan

Edited by T-800, 21 November 2017 - 11:45 AM.

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

My car history so far... Clio Williams - >Clio172 -> Boxster -> TVR T350T -> Lotus Exige S -> 911 2S -> Lotus Exige V6 -> Audi RS3

many thanks in advance

Welcome to the OC mate.

Prior to spending any money on improving the output you might want to put on a dyno - you may be pleasantly surprised.

Oldmanracing

Oldmanracing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
Welcome to the OC,

Nice car history,......... hope you have a good ownership with your 3

OMR

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

many thanks in advance

Why just 410ps when you can have 450ps 😈

Dell.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Standard car will be 390-400hp ish as loads of us have been on the dyno at that value. Extra 10hp only needs a map imho. As Dell says though 450 available if you decat, I/C then remap.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

invisiblekid

invisiblekid

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

There's a lot of talk about the RS3 having higher than advertised figures, but the car as standard is flat as a pancake through the midrange. That's where a good map will help. 

Regardless of peak figure increases, max gains will be seen in the midrange, with figures being around 80hp and 100ft/lbs at 5-5.5k rpm.

For what it's worth, most VAG cars come with a bit more power than advertised (or some dynos are optimistic), so this levels the playing field to a degree. Be aware there's not much left in the standard turbo. Peak gains aren't huge. 

Edited by invisiblekid, 21 November 2017 - 02:47 PM.

RS3 8V FL - bone stock...for now.

RS3 8V - eTuners Stage 3 480hp.

invisiblekid

invisiblekid

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

many thanks in advance

Just a Stage 1 map will suffice. 

RS3 8V FL - bone stock...for now.

RS3 8V - eTuners Stage 3 480hp.

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Welcome Aaron

Great car choice mate you will love it 

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Welcome Aaron

Great car choice mate you will love it 

Ditto whatever way you go in the tuning department mate 😊

Dell.

aaronc

aaronc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thanks for the friendly welcome guys, just picked the car up from Audi again today after having the Audi sports exhaust (8V0253181F) fitted on its own, sounds great!

I will get it on a rolling road and see what its putting out as standard. 

Any further ideas on cost for a remap would be appreciated 

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Thanks for the friendly welcome guys, just picked the car up from Audi again today after having the Audi sports exhaust (8V0253181F) fitted on its own, sounds great!

I will get it on a rolling road and see what its putting out as standard.

Any further ideas on cost for a remap would be appreciated

Now that is money well spent because the sports exhaust sounds epic.

Wait until you get the car really well warmed up, the pops and bangs are insane.

aaronc

aaronc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Now that is money well spent because the sports exhaust sounds epic.

Wait until you get the car really well warmed up, the pops and bangs are insane.

only drove it 5 miles back home but it sounded good! Question though, sorry off topic.....if its dynamic mode and in manual is it still the same loudness as sport auto mode?

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Dynamic is mad whether auto or manual.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

only drove it 5 miles back home but it sounded good! Question though, sorry off topic.....if its dynamic mode and in manual is it still the same loudness as sport auto mode?

As TX says it doesn't matter if it's in manual or Sport, but don't forget that each time you start the car you need to scroll back to dynamic mode even if you switched the car off in dynamic mode to get the full dynamic effect.

Rather than use the Drive Select button you can configure the * button on your steering wheel for convenience.

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

As TX says it doesn't matter if it's in manual or Sport, but don't forget that each time you start the car you need to scroll back to dynamic mode even if you switched the car off in dynamic mode to get the full dynamic effect.

Rather than use the Drive Select button you can configure the * button on your steering wheel for convenience.

That’s interesting you say that mate as sometimes I can not drive the car for a few days and when I start it and the idle dies down to its normal tick over speed the car is still in dynamic where I had it last time of use. The reason I know as the exhaust note is that lovely note you get when the valves are still open😏so my car seems to stay in the last drive select mode from last use.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

That’s interesting you say that mate as sometimes I can not drive the car for a few days and when I start it and the idle dies down to its normal tick over speed the car is still in dynamic where I had it last time of use. The reason I know as the exhaust note is that lovely note you get when the valves are still openso my car seems to stay in the last drive select mode from last use.

There’s an update that cures that.....

But most don’t want it done

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
Bollox to that t800 no Audi tech is going near it mate😂

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Bollox to that t800 no Audi tech is going near it mate

To be honest Danw I don’t blame you.

I was glad to get mine outta that Audi workshop yesterday.....

You never know what damage they’ll inflict on a car.

Mlager

Mlager

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

There's a lot of talk about the RS3 having higher than advertised figures, but the car as standard is flat as a pancake through the midrange. That's where a good map will help. 

Regardless of peak figure increases, max gains will be seen in the midrange, with figures being around 80hp and 100ft/lbs at 5-5.5k rpm.

For what it's worth, most VAG cars come with a bit more power than advertised (or some dynos are optimistic), so this levels the playing field to a degree. Be aware there's not much left in the standard turbo. Peak gains aren't huge. 

What do you mean with thats not much left in the standard turbo? If you do a stage 1 430bhp 630Nm and change the IC to say a forge IC then you will lower the temp or is it something else that can go wrong?

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.