Photo

FL RS3 MRC stage 1

27 replies to this topic

Kenny

Kenny

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

The intercooler has the same part number on the FL compared to PFL.

Hence why it is even more important to upgrade on the FL. More power=more heat.

With 10 injectors divided in two fuel systems we can be sure that the FL will never have a fueling problem a least :)

2018 RS3 SB. Mythos black. 

Pre: 2013 Audi RS3. Misano red/Alu.

@steelcraftnbeauty on instagram. RS3 pics and custom steel projects.

SK-RS3

SK-RS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

The supercharged 3.0V6 in the S4 & S5 is a great example of how Audi have pulled the power on an engine to peg it back against the higher models. The factory software on the S4/S5 was designed to actually bleed off the boost from the supercharger above 5000rpm. A stock car would make a healthy 340/345 ps (versus quoted 333ps) but with a stage 1 map the tuner just simply added the boost back in which provided around 430/440ps and over 400lbs/ft with no other mods. Add a pulley upgrade to the supercharger (makes it spin faster) and 480/485 was achievable. Amazing car with a great engine - had mine for over two years but replaced it with my current 8V.

I agree the B8 S4 was a fantastic motor standard great pull a friend had stage 1 on his and the results where ludicrous now he's stage 2 with armytrix exhaust the motor is brutal.
One day I will have one again or the other car on the hit list a B7 RS4

Fad-dad

Fad-dad

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Those are some impressive gains for a stage one on the FL. Mine’s on order but will be Mar/Apr before I get it 😩.
What’s you thoughts about invalidating the warranty on the FL. Is the map easily reversed if something goes wrong and you need to go back to Audi. Or before services so they don’t know you’ve done it.

Also, how many miles did you put on the FL before the tune.

Thanks

Edited by Fad-dad, 18 November 2017 - 10:37 AM.

mad chemist

mad chemist

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Those are some impressive gains for a stage one on the FL. Mine’s on order but will be Mar/Apr before I get it 😩.
What’s you thoughts about invalidating the warranty on the FL. Is the map easily reversed if something goes wrong and you need to go back to Audi. Or before services so they don’t know you’ve done it.

Thanks

Thanks, you're going to ove the FL RS3. Always tuned my cars, always asked dealer not to plug in during service - they have always obleiged. I don't beat on my cars too much so hopefully no long term issues either.

Mad.

Ed_rx7

Ed_rx7

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
I wouldn’t risk it...... the ecu and Vbox have markers and Audi can easily find out it’s been tampered with.

I would opt for a tuning box until the warranty runs out or is near enough run out if I were you.

My mate has a tuning box on the way so I’ll let you know how it goes.... He will be dynoing to compare also

Fad-dad

Fad-dad

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thanks yes defo interested to hear how that goes.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

Those are some impressive gains for a stage one on the FL. Mine’s on order but will be Mar/Apr before I get it .

Thanks

Car has a flash counter so when mapped they will know if they look. Best assume warranty gone imho if you get them tuned up.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

Shaunee

Shaunee

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
These FL’s are certainly tuning well. I know Litchfield have been doing some dev work with Forge and already hit 520bhp at Stage 2+ development.

Pretty awesome platform.

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.