EBC Redstuff Front Brake Pads for Audi RS3 8V 2016

28 replies to this topic

Betaone

Betaone

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

DP31513/3C
This code includes 8 pads? 4 for right caliper and 4 for left caliper?
Or should I order 2 of this code?

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

DP31513/3C
This code includes 8 pads? 4 for right caliper and 4 for left caliper?
Or should I order 2 of this code?

Don't do it !  :(  Get some Ferodo's  :)

Dell.

Betaone

Betaone

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

why ?

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

why ?

They say a picture says a thousand words

Dell

.20170920_195613.jpg

20170920_195645.jpg

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSouth of somewhere

Ah yes.... I remember those Dell. Didn't quite stand up to the expected Castle Coombe track day use did they!

Made you damn fast in the corners though............mainly because you couldn't stop anymore!  :lol:

Edited by Fivepotfan, 16 October 2017 - 09:29 PM.

now driving a 'Daytona Lite' FL car.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Ah yes.... I remember those Dell. Didn't quite stand up to the expected Castle Coombe track day use did they!

Made you damn fast in the corners though............mainly because you couldn't stop anymore!  :lol:

The pads were SH*TE but the MPS4s & the way ive got the RS set up its road holding keeped me on the black stuff mate !  :D

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 16 October 2017 - 09:45 PM.

RS3JET

RS3JET

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationSouth

Lisen to Dell hes right

Get Ferodo's   :up_it:

Edited by RS3JET, 17 October 2017 - 10:20 PM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Lisen to Dell hes right

Get Frodo's   :up_it:

Lord Of The Brake Rings Graham  :P

Dell.

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Just to clarify the reason behind some of the above posts........ if you have a tuned car and use it's power for a bit of fun on a track day (chasing Roy in his barge for example), the EBC Redstuff pads unfortunately do not seem to hold up very well and ended up a very long brake pedal due to excessive overheating of pad and the discs. Brake fluid got fried too!

I have also experienced a similar problem with these pads on my car when I opted to use them with my Alcon front disc upgrade. They appeared to be fine with moderate fast road use, but as soon as you really start to explore the full power of a tuned engine they just were not up to the job. I swapped them for some Ferodos and have not had any issues.

This has just been my experience (and a few other forum members) and I dare say that other owners have fitted the Redstuff pads and are quite happy with them. I guess its just down to how hard you use the car. The brake cooling on the RS3 is also pretty poor which makes the brakes really struggle when used in anger.

Edited by Fivepotfan, 16 October 2017 - 10:39 PM.

Nath

Nath

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Wow, glad I came across this thread.. Have used red stuff in previous cars with no issues, but obviously not all brakes are the same! 

Edited by Nath, 16 October 2017 - 11:30 PM.

Daytona RS3 | RS Performance | Assistance | Black High Gloss | Panoramic Roof | Stage 3+ 
TomCat TC600 hybrid | E-Tuners Motorsport E85 ECU & TCU | Wagner Evo 3 FMIC | HG Motorsport Downpipe | Milltek Decats | HG Motorsport intake | BMC Filter | Autotech HPFP | AEM Methanol Kit | Turbosmart Em Kompact | Mishimoto Catch Can | MSS Suspension | Rays Forged ZE40's 1/4: 11.00 & 136MPH

Betaone

Betaone

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

I never go to the track. I'm looking for a good compromise in road use.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
Betaone

The front calipers on the RS are really powerful & they will over come the pads easily when used hard inc road use.

Audi fit a very hard pad to off set this which wear the discs quickly & can give the low speed noise which some people have had.

Fivepotfan fitted the Ferodo's after they were recommended to him by a well know Audi tuner who uses them in there RS4/RS6 track day cars & there much cheaper then other brands including the EBC reds check out page 48/49 Audi 8v Brake problem posting. :)

Another 8v owener Jamesbaby has just fittted the Ferodo's front & rear have a hunt for his posting,hope this has been or help mate. :)

Both RS3Jet & myself payed £39 for our 8P front Ferodo pads ! 😊

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 17 October 2017 - 06:50 AM.

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

I never go to the track. I'm looking for a good compromise in road use.

Well whatever you decide to fit......they will be better (and cheaper) than the OEM pads.

The latest EBC Redstuff now come supplied with the correct brake wear connector so it's a really easy swap with no messing about with the soldering iron.

For some people these pads are ok and are an improvement over the factory set up and cope fine for about 90% of your driving. For some of us 'test pilots' on the forum  :D who use the car for fast road and occasional track use, the Redstuff has not been up to the job when using the car hard (especially if you have a power upgrade).

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
On the 8p I had redstuff / yellowstuff and other ‘stuff’ all s h i t e

Ferodo on the 8p were great

Ferodo on the 8V superb, just the DS performance though.

6e48a270a393a88d65e896de330ff9aa.jpg

They don’t come with anti-squeal shims, but you don’t need em, just use Würth anti squeal spray or ceratec / similar.
No noise at all on my old 8V.

12561041dcb8aa03ab54643693a19772.jpg

Oli

Oli

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

We've just put the red stuff pads on my wifes RS3 (road use only) and I can't fault them.  Pedal is better.  And cheaper than OEM.  I give it a good canning, and never have an issue.  

www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - VW California hire

www.bmvs.co.uk

deepspacemillar

deepspacemillar

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBelfast, Northern Ireland
I also have found the EBC redstuff vastly superior to the stock pads and haven't had any issues with them at all. They will be great for road use of any type.
To answer Betaone's original question, you only need to order one box.

Betaone

Betaone

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Arrived and assembled. Installation was easier than expected. Just with a hunting plug, take off hooks that block spring-loaded tab pads. Pull out the old pads, compress the pistons gently and put new ones. With the indicated code comes set of 8 pads, 2 with wear sensors perfectly identical to the original for both cable length and wiring.
On my car though there was sensor only on the passenger side.  :huh:
I did just a few miles but the first impressions are positive. Less rough braking and better feeling with the pedal. No whistling or strange noises at the moment.Full_Size_Render_1.jpg

Edited by Betaone, 21 October 2017 - 10:49 PM.

deepspacemillar

deepspacemillar

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBelfast, Northern Ireland
Betaone - any impressions since you installed these? :)

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

I`ve had the Redstuff on my 8V from day one almost. Some people don`t like them (hello Sean).Me ,I love them.No dust,no squeal .

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

I`ve had the Redstuff on my 8V from day one almost. Some people don`t like them (hello Sean).Me ,I love them.No dust,no squeal .

Neil 

Add me to that list mate  :P

I didn't find them dust free !  :(

Yes easier on discs !  :)

Ferodo Premier 3/4 the price same if not better performance !  :)

Next time you need to replace your pads give them a try for yourself  ;)

Proof of the pudding & all that mate !  :)

Dell.

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.