- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Wrekka

Wrekka

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

I am getting a bit confused upon what works well for fast road handling for the RS3 8p.

Am I right in thinking that an 034 motorsport rear ARB is a must?

What about other areas? Lowered suspension? Uprated suspension units and or springs?

What setups are you guys running please?

cheers

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Rear 034 ARB definitely is the most cheapest and most effective mod to get done on the mk1. Major improvement for under £200. I’m also running the 034 droplinks.

Standard suspension is pretty poor. So majority go for Bilstein shocks and/or full Bilstein coilovers either b14/b16 kit. I also used the 034 uprated front mounts but it’s generally good practice to replace all the mounts and bearings with any new setup (saves paying twice the labour if something was to fail at a later date)

Edited by JayRS3, 12 October 2017 - 09:00 PM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Rear 034 ARB definitely is the most cheapest and most effective mod to get done on the mk1. Major improvement for under £200. I’m also running the 034 droplinks.

Standard suspension is pretty poor. So majority go for Bilstein shocks and/or full Bilstein coilovers either b14/b16 kit. I also used the 034 uprated front mounts but it’s generally good practice to replace all the mounts and bearings with any new setup (saves paying twice the labour if something was to fail at a later date)

Jay summed it all up for you Wrekka 034 rear ARB then Bilsteins in whatever way you want to go/pay for.  :)

Btw im going to come over all Jay as i have for sale a set of new & unused Bilstein B8 Shocks which have been modified by Bilstein for RS3 lowering springs.

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 12 October 2017 - 09:26 PM.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

What he said  :)

Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

im going to come over all Jay”.

you what

Edited by JayRS3, 12 October 2017 - 09:53 PM.

Wrekka

Wrekka

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Ok cheers fellas. Will get an 034 motorsport ARB sourced. Where is best to get one for under £200? As the one I have seen are more like £300.

Dell is that your setup for sale on ebay?

cheers

wrekka

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Wrekka

Yes there on Ebay or you can PM me mate  :)

034 ARB from Awesome £268.

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 13 October 2017 - 05:53 AM.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Ok cheers fellas. Will get an 034 motorsport ARB sourced. Where is best to get one for under £200? As the one I have seen are more like £300.

I actually paid £100 for mine as it was second hand and had it powder coated so looked like new again. But they have risen in price as i think they’ve clocked how much of a popular mod it is.

Dellboy will sort you out on the suspension front.

looch

looch

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Speaking of the 034 Motorsport ARB....Mines been fittied just over a year and is really quite badly rusted. Have you guys experienced something similar?

RS3 8P - Daytona Grey - Stage 2+ - 430hp - DSG Map - Turbo Back Milltek Exhaust - Wagner v3 Intercooler - 034 Motorsport Intake - 034 Motorsport ARB - 034 Motorsport Dogbone insert - 034 Motorsport Top Mounts - Bilstein B14 Coilovers 

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Speaking of the 034 Motorsport ARB....Mines been fittied just over a year and is really quite badly rusted. Have you guys experienced something similar?

Yeah there bound to get a bit abused with the good old English roads. Even if you gave it a wire brush down and respray it’ll all help prolong its effectiveness.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

I've had the same rust problem & had it repowdered coated by a top quality firm in Kent 👍

Dell

Edited by RS3Dell, 13 October 2017 - 12:45 PM.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Yeah there bound to get a bit abused with the good old English roads. Even if you gave it a wire brush down and respray it’ll all help prolong its effectiveness.

Yup mine is due a respray as it rusty as fook.

Edited by Duke3D, 13 October 2017 - 03:36 PM.

Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.