Keep getting CEL

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Cavebob

Cavebob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue.

I have a brand new RS3 saloon and for the last 2 weeks its thrown a CEL 3 times (the prrevious 2 went away by themselves and the third just came one) I've had the first 2 scanned and its a lean reading at idle (pretty much at start up RPM) 

Its really starting to annoy me since i never know if the CEL is the same thing again or another issue and who really has the time to constantly go to a service center / mechanics to have it checked out.

Cheers

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue.

I have a brand new RS3 saloon and for the last 2 weeks its thrown a CEL 3 times (the prrevious 2 went away by themselves and the third just came one) I've had the first 2 scanned and its a lean reading at idle (pretty much at start up RPM) 

Its really starting to annoy me since i never know if the CEL is the same thing again or another issue and who really has the time to constantly go to a service center / mechanics to have it checked out.

Cheers

Being brand new its back to the dealer to be investigated one thinks 😔

Dell.

Danny

Danny

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Never had this issue. Agreed. Dealer for sure, if its brand new. Courtesy car will be provided until it's sorted.  So you shouldn't have to go back and forth to the dealer. Keep us posted on this.

Oli

Oli

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Ring Audi Assist - They will check on your drive

www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - VW California hire

www.bmvs.co.uk

Nath

Nath

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationAustralia

What was their solution regarding the lean reading at idle? 

I picked up an OBDeleven device to make some changes and this allows me to read fault codes as well as clear them.. may be an option? 

Daytona RS3 | RS Performance | Assistance | Black High Gloss | Panoramic Roof | Stage 3+ 
TomCat TC600 hybrid | E-Tuners Motorsport E85 ECU & TCU | Wagner Evo 3 FMIC | HG Motorsport Downpipe | Milltek Decats | HG Motorsport intake | BMC Filter | Autotech HPFP | AEM Methanol Kit | Turbosmart Em Kompact | Mishimoto Catch Can | MSS Suspension | Rays Forged ZE40's 1/4: 11.00 & 136MPH

Cavebob

Cavebob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I’ll be going to Audi tomorrow about it. I posted the question on a Facebook group and someone was kind enough to post a bit more about it

“Yes, the secondary injectors one is running lean and its to do with software, mine has issues at 100km with this basically all vehicles affected and nothing we can do till Audi have a fix”

They go on to say

“I visited Audi twice for the issue and they showed me an official response memo from Audi but didnt give me it to take home”

So I guess I’m the end, might just have to deal with it for now. I’ll see what they say tomorrow and keep you guys posted

Cavebob

Cavebob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I received an email from the service manager as I emailed them about my issue / experience.

“ Audi have released a bulletin on the issue with your car and in it the discussion revolves around fuel system too rich or fuel system too lean at idle.

Notes from Audi technical on this also state that component replacement will not rectify the concern. At this current point both Audi and Audi technical are working to resolve the issue which looks like a software deviation. Once the updated software is ratified, Audi technical will release an email letting us know and we can get your car sorted.”

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

What was their solution regarding the lean reading at idle? 

I picked up an OBDeleven device to make some changes and this allows me to read fault codes as well as clear them.. may be an option? 

As this is a new car & still under warranty i wouldn't reset any error codes as Audi would need them when investigating your problem.

At a later date yes it could be an option but not now Nath  :)

Dell.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.