• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Here's some workshop images and procedure.... may be of help even if just reference.

Attached File  haldex1.png   85.5K   38 downloads

Attached File  haldex2.png   116.29K   39 downloads

Attached File  haldex3.png   100.6K   34 downloads

Attached File  haldex4.png   114.59K   30 downloads

Attached File  haldex5.png   99.27K   29 downloads

Attached File  haldex6.png   98.69K   28 downloads

Attached File  haldex7.png   99.27K   21 downloads

The_Bear

The_Bear

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Thanks, would anyone happen to live around the Bristol/Swindon area who could help me change the pump over? 

The_Bear

The_Bear

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Here's some workshop images and procedure.... may be of help even if just reference.

attachicon.gifhaldex1.png

attachicon.gifhaldex2.png

attachicon.gifhaldex3.png

attachicon.gifhaldex4.png

attachicon.gifhaldex5.png

attachicon.gifhaldex6.png

attachicon.gifhaldex7.png

Thank you so much for this!! 

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Thanks, would anyone happen to live around the Bristol/Swindon area who could help me change the pump over?

Honest you won’t need help. Just a case of undoing bolts. Drain haldex liquid, prising the spacer/filter out - or use VCDS to assist and remove the pump. Then a case of reverse procedure and fill up till overflows.

7ac2a35eedf2c318659bca4e5c45af16.jpg

If your emptying the haldex good idea to do the rear diff oil too (just drain and refill) I used millers oil.

Edited by JayRS3, 08 October 2017 - 04:06 PM.

The_Bear

The_Bear

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Honest you won’t need help. Just a case of undoing bolts. Drain haldex liquid, prising the spacer/filter out - or use VCDS to assist and remove the pump. Then a case of reverse procedure and fill up till overflows.

7ac2a35eedf2c318659bca4e5c45af16.jpg

If your emptying the haldex good idea to do the rear diff oil too (just drain and refill) I used millers oil.

Thanks Jay,

I have just been out and had a look under the old girl and have now got my bearings for where everything goes but did you jack your car up to do all your work? or did you do it on a ramp? 

and where did you get the replacement pump, filter and oils from? 

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
b8bd356004977a91b3af80a3a5414cea.png

eBay mate, seller is something like ‘haldexparts’. Haldex oil from TPS and diff from opie - ‘service2017’ for 10% off.
Mine was done on a 2 poster but I’d be more than happy reversing on some wide/low profile ramps and jacking the front up to get it level and get under the car to do it.

Edited by JayRS3, 08 October 2017 - 05:46 PM.

The_Bear

The_Bear

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Fixed and putting the power down again, thanks for your helps guys!! 

Would you say its worth changing the filter every 20K to stop that happening again? 

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Should do haldex oil every 3 years anyway so yeah do oil and filter as a service item

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

My turn now on the Mrs 8p   :rolleyes:

Attached File  2017-10-18 13.17.27.jpg   50.31K   12 downloads

Don't understand the excessively high mileage reading in KM - cars only done 26K miles?

Off to Audi we go as cars under extended warranty.

Edited by RobRS, 18 October 2017 - 04:17 PM.

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
That fault normally clears the moment you replace the oil. Well it did on mine. The pump is a different fault code but regardless it’s cost you nothing so nevermind. Only thing to bear in mind Audi won’t replace the filter which could lead you to the same issue before long. So what might be worth doing is Audi replace the pump and oil under warranty, I’d then buy the filter and oil and get someone else or yourself to replace it so you’ve everything on the haldex. Cost you about £70 for filter and oil

Edited by JayRS3, 18 October 2017 - 06:32 PM.

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

That fault normally clears the moment you replace the oil. Well it did on mine. The pump is a different fault code but regardless it’s cost you nothing so nevermind. Only thing to bear in mind Audi won’t replace the filter which could lead you to the same issue before long. So what might be worth doing is Audi replace the pump and oil under warranty, I’d then buy the filter and oil and get someone else or yourself to replace it so you’ve everything on the haldex. Cost you about £70 for filter and oil

Thank for that bit of advise Jay, I'll get the oil & filter done after Audi have replaced the pump.

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.