39 replies to this topic

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

Each new RS model seems to get a bit softer as if they are trying to tempt S owners over with a bit more power vs proper hardcore nutters which was their old RS client base?

TX.

Nardo RS4

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage
Have to say if you listen to the videos it sounds lame!

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

poolmeds

poolmeds

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

i like it - looks like the arches are a little bit flared?

i would defo upgrade in a year if it wasn't SOOOO expensive.

having said that, isn't an RS6 £90k....so base price £10-15k cheaper (some reviews are saying £72k base)

i agree that a 1-2 year old rs6 will be the best choice!

ps: on a side note, the latest rs6 had a facelift it looks like around 2014? anyone know for sure? looks like different lights mostly? was there any engine etc difference like the FL RS3?

pps: i saw a nerd FL RS3 in marbs over the weekend.....looked awesome!

thanks y'all 

Edited by poolmeds, 13 September 2017 - 08:30 PM.

Panther Black / Dynamic pack / Technology pack / Comfort & sound pack / Design pack / panoramic roof / Super sport seats with RED stitching / Black wheels / Folding heated mirrors / black exterior pack / reverse camera / Privacy glass / Cruise control

PREVIOUS: MK7 Golf GTD DSG / MK6 Golf R DSG / Megane F1 Renaultsport / Mk6 Golf R DSG / Volvo C30 T5 R-Design / Audi A3 tdi S-line / Megane 225 Renaultsport / Clio 182 Renaultsport

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

New R8 is RWD apparently!

TX.

Yep, not liking the way Audi Sport is heading... and this is a prime example, a RWD R8 should be less than a base V10 variant? Nope not under the new management, limit production to 999 and charge 140-152k euros a car.... madness if true. Why pay more for so much less??

deepspacemillar

deepspacemillar

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBelfast, Northern Ireland
Surely you could just take out the haldex fuse on a normal R8? Haha

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Yep, not liking the way Audi Sport is heading... and this is a prime example, a RWD R8 should be less than a base V10 variant? Nope not under the new management, limit production to 999 and charge 140-152k euros a car.... madness if true. Why pay more for so much less??

I think that was the price you used to pay for the race pret GT R8 & it's bit more of a car than the V10 is.

Dell

RS Steve

RS Steve

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

It's a shame but all this'' down tuning'' & chopping off cylinders is all down to the ''eco'' brigade.

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Also saw some footage of the Audisport TTRS on Shmee's channel, I actually rather like the look of that more than the R8, though I'm guessing that car with all the Audi sports performance bits and bobs, including that roll cage is the far side of £80k.

I guess now they have these aftermarket tie in's with the likes of Akrapovic then standard (and upgraded) exhausts on the RS range are going to be less noisy? Otherwise why pay more for the official aftermarket one.

Edited by kalexan, 14 September 2017 - 11:25 AM.

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
Might to start watching this show now they have replaced ugly shmee with a much better looking shmee bird 😍

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Might to start watching this show now they have replaced ugly shmee with a much better looking shmee bird 😍

Sorry to burst your bubble, but unfortunately he hasn't been replaced.

I used to watch him, but he's become gut wrenchingly irritating.

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
Bubble bursted mate well and truly 😔

I know what you mean regarding the presenter guy

Chhhhhheeeeeerrrrrrrrssss

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSouth of somewhere

Also saw some footage of the Audisport TTRS on Shmee's channel, I actually rather like the look of that more than the R8, though I'm guessing that car with all the Audi sports performance bits and bobs, including that roll cage is the far side of £80k.

I guess now they have these aftermarket tie in's with the likes of Akrapovic then standard (and upgraded) exhausts on the RS range are going to be less noisy? Otherwise why pay more for the official aftermarket one.

If its the same TTRS that I saw then it supposedly had a price tag of...........127K Euros (yes you are reading that correctly) WTF!!

I posted a few weeks back about the new crazy strategy that Audi are going to adopt with the RS branded products, seems that the info I was given is being proven as correct so far. The leap in cost between a reasonably specced RS3 and RS5/RS4 Avant has gone beyond my budget and I am now looking at other options.

Maybe I will wait it out for a 4WD drive Merc C63 Estate to appear (surely it will get four wheel drive soon) or maybe BMW will succumb to offering Xdrive as an option on the M3/M4?. Both of these manufacturers offer decent dealer discounts and also lower APR on PCP deals than Audi. 

Edited by Fivepotfan, 14 September 2017 - 11:13 PM.

now driving a 'Daytona Lite' FL car.

Oli

Oli

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Now on Audi Uk, prices start at £61425.  Where do I order :-)

www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - VW California hire

www.bmvs.co.uk

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Might to start watching this show now they have replaced ugly shmee with a much better looking shmee bird

Queen B, I  think Shmee is looking to supplement his channel with her and a few others, though saying that his Frankfurt coverage only had them in once and the rest is just him... oh well. I quite like Sophia Calate's channel too, though that requires subtitles unless you can speak German.

£125k euros for the TTRS, a bit mental really, though I guess not many will actually ever get put on the road, would be a great bargain in the longer term as a used buy?? Good to see the UK price for the RS4 is not in line with Euro exchange rates too :) Though.... £5k more (before negotiations) gets you into a new RS6.

Edited by kalexan, 16 September 2017 - 05:29 PM.

Oli

Oli

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
Price list;

https://www.audi.co....t-Pricelist.pdf

www.bmvs.co.uk

Oli

Oli

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
My spec with exclusive paint comes to £74695 ......

Edited by Oli, 18 September 2017 - 07:43 PM.

www.bmvs.co.uk

poolmeds

poolmeds

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

i can't see it on uk Audi?

Panther Black / Dynamic pack / Technology pack / Comfort & sound pack / Design pack / panoramic roof / Super sport seats with RED stitching / Black wheels / Folding heated mirrors / black exterior pack / reverse camera / Privacy glass / Cruise control

PREVIOUS: MK7 Golf GTD DSG / MK6 Golf R DSG / Megane F1 Renaultsport / Mk6 Golf R DSG / Volvo C30 T5 R-Design / Audi A3 tdi S-line / Megane 225 Renaultsport / Clio 182 Renaultsport

poolmeds

poolmeds

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
My brother has just put deposit down on the first RS4 build slot from Norwich Audi.
He can spec/configure in October and delivery will be march

Oli

Oli

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Nice.  

My wife and I have a test drive in the RS5 on monday to give us a feel of the engine and size of vehicle.  Will wait till first ones arrive for proper test drive then probably order then, if I can get the right deal

www.bmvs.co.uk

poolmeds

poolmeds

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
Yeah good thinking

I may end getting one but will wait a year to see if good spec nearly new or what equity in my rs3

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.