- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

ily.r

ily.r

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Has anyone fitted both front and rear ARB on the cars?
Ive done the rear today but the front got me spinning. What's the easist way to install the front ARB?
Remove subframe - trying to avoid this.
Remove right hand side drive shaft and cv - can the ARB be wiggled through?

Any help will be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
David8 did but then removed the H&R sways bars and went for the rear 034 - which he preferred

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Has anyone fitted both front and rear ARB on the cars?
Ive done the rear today but the front got me spinning. What's the easist way to install the front ARB?
Remove subframe - trying to avoid this.
Remove right hand side drive shaft and cv - can the ARB be wiggled through?

Any help will be appreciated.

There's no point fitting an upgrade ARB on the front as your be back to square one understeer city   :(

The understeer problem is caused by the rear ARB check out 034 web site  :)

I have the rear 034 ARB fitted & its the best mod ive done for my driving style no understeer & lots of front end grip !  :)

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 05 September 2017 - 09:03 PM.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Rear only on my 8V and car is transformed.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen
I've heard that you're best just fitting 034 ARB as fitting the front one just cancels the rear one out which then causes understeer again.

jimojameso

jimojameso

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

I just fitted rear H&R aswell and transformed the car. Don't bother with the front :)

2015 Nardo RS3

2010 Sepang TT RS Sold!

ily.r

ily.r

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
What brands are u guys using?

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

What brands are u guys using?

034 motorsport rear ARB on the 8P

Edited by JayRS3, 07 September 2017 - 04:54 PM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

034 motorsport rear ARB on the 8P

Ditto here  :D

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 07 September 2017 - 04:59 PM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
034 seems weapon of choice on the 8P

Considering the 8V is an MQB platform car it’s crazy that 034 haven’t developed one for it yet and didn’t seem interested when asked either....maybe it’ll change now there’s a FL car.

Only one for 8V is H&R and that was a battle to sort out a uk source.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
I thought their was a 034 8V version now?

Edited by JayRS3, 07 September 2017 - 07:32 PM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I thought their was a 034 8V version now?

For S3 / Golf R but RS3 8V is different layout under the rear.

David8

David8

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationBournemouth
The front suspension is best left standard as the rear 034 bar is specifically designed to work with the standard front set up and it works very well if you look back through various threads on the oc you will find that the 034 rear ARB and twin cat delete and two of the best mods you can do on the 8p RS3 if you do nothing else, fit the 034 on the tightest setting for the best results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by David8, 11 September 2017 - 10:29 PM.

Kev.k

Kev.k

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Would fitting a rear ARB invalidate warranty or are they easy to remove before a service?

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Would fitting a rear ARB invalidate warranty or are they easy to remove before a service?

it would make all suspension parts void no doubt. I’ve had mine on quite a while and had it re powder coated including the silver mounts to make it look more OEM (not that I’m bothered about warranty anymore) so depends how smart your local tech is if he picks up on it or not.

Best mod for the 8P though.

19cd02e74112870e4c8f29df8159d860.jpg

Edited by JayRS3, 10 March 2018 - 02:58 AM.

Kev.k

Kev.k

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

it would make all suspension parts void no doubt. I’ve had mine on quite a while and had it re powder coated including the silver mounts to make it look more OEM (not that I’m bothered about warranty anymore) so depends how smart your local tech is if he picks up on it or not.
Best mod for the 8P though. 19cd02e74112870e4c8f29df8159d860.jpg

I’m 90% sure I’m going to go for the 8P. The £46 per month warranty has really swung my decision in the RS3’s favour.

I worry all these Golf r’s are mostly ex lease and have been hammered from cold

Just wondering if I can’t get away with a secondary cat delete and rear arb. I’d more or less be happy with that.

Audi seem strict. Bmw let you run a akra without voiding the warranty and I really like the set up you have.

This poo is keeping me awake :)

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Why don’t you do what Dell has done on here. Just gut the original OEM secondary cats out so effectively their decat pipes to give you a better sound and it’ll still pass it’s MOT as the primary cat is still there which seems to be all that’s required for the 8P to pass on emissions? But if a tech looks underneath everything appears original. Win win

The standard suspension is rubbish to be honest, so I’d stick the ARB on anyway, paint the brackets and take your chance. You could always swap them back again as it’s an easy job if you was really worried.

Edited by JayRS3, 10 March 2018 - 08:29 AM.

MarkMac-RS3

MarkMac-RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

I’m 90% sure I’m going to go for the 8P. The £46 per month warranty has really swung my decision in the RS3’s favour.

I worry all these Golf r’s are mostly ex lease and have been hammered from cold

Just wondering if I can’t get away with a secondary cat delete and rear arb. I’d more or less be happy with that.

Audi seem strict. Bmw let you run a akra without voiding the warranty and I really like the set up you have.

This poo is keeping me awake :)

Buying an 8p RS3 won’t necessarily help get a car that has not been ragged to death from cold, you could pick them up on PCP it was it business lease? I can’t remember.

I don’t want you to take this the wrong way, if you are as worried about warranty and potential repair bills as it seems keep it standard, if you want to modify then you might get away with some mods then again you might not it’s luck of the draw. Although 99% are, not all Audi techs are zipped up the back, the guy I take mine to is ex Audi and he is one very clued up guy. I’m not trying to put you off I’m just giving the other side of the argument.

Edited by MarkMac-RS3, 10 March 2018 - 09:46 AM.

Kev.k

Kev.k

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Buying an 8p RS3 won’t necessarily help get a car that has not been ragged to death from cold, you could pick them up on PCP it was it business lease? I can’t remember.
I don’t want you to take this the wrong way, if you are as worried about warranty and potential repair bills as it seems keep it standard, if you want to modify then you might get away with some mods then again you might not it’s luck of the draw. Although 99% are, not all Audi techs are zipped up the back, the guy I take mine to is ex Audi and he is one very clued up guy. I’m not trying to put you off I’m just giving the other side of the argument.

I know you could say the same of almost any car. It’s just that golf r’s are so cheap on lease, and so many are base spec. I assume the vast majority are ex lease.

I already have a Xc60 on lease as a daily that goes back in October. A change in circumstances means I need 2 4 seat cars.

I normally leave my cars standard but I really want a rear ARB and exhaust. I want a warranty due to the engine and gearbox. Seems a no brainier for £46 per month.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.