• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Wrekka

Wrekka

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Hi there

New to the forum but been a long standing rs246 member through other Audis (please see welcome chat -if you are interested lol)

I have read quite a few threads on the brakes and the general summary seems to be:

run the oem discs with ebc redstuff pads.

I have also read that ebc front pads with wear sensors are only available through Summit racing in the USA. However, I typed the code into ebay and it brought up a few sellers of this part in Wrexham and Cheshire? Are these pads available now to the UK market?

many thanks

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
I bought some off Demon Tweeks via an eBay ad.
Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

Wrekka

Wrekka

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Here is an ebay link

http://www.ebay.co.u...XUAAOSwP6pZl1M0

cheers

Wrekka

Wrekka

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Ok thank you Duke, would you mind just double confirming the ebc redstuff parts codes for front discs (with wear indicators) and rear discs please?

thank you kindly

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
DP32070C Front pads with wear indicator slots
DP31518C Rear pads
Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Here is an ebay link
http://www.ebay.co.u...XUAAOSwP6pZl1M0
cheers

The part code for the pads is correct but the picture does not show the correct parts

Edited by Duke3D, 01 September 2017 - 10:51 PM.

Wrekka

Wrekka

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Ok thanks for that Duke. Will drop them a message

cheers

stevo_123uk

stevo_123uk

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

dont buy EBC pads, any Evo 5-9 pads fit the RS3 front with the wear sensors tucked out the way, i have been running hawk performance pads and they are night and day compared to EBC rubbish. I have also just purchased carbon technic pads for a replacement as my bro in law is running them on his evo 8

stage 2 8p 445BHP 518lb ft

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

I'm running EVO 5-9 EBC reds after modding the wear sensor wiring.

I will be fitting DS2500 next time around.

Dell.

stevo_123uk

stevo_123uk

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

I'm running EVO 5-9 EBC reds after modding the wear sensor wiring.

I will be fitting DS2500 next time around.

Dell.

i hated the red stuffs broke up under hard braking fade was terrible on them as well, i went from yellow stuffs to red and wont touch ebc again 

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
I agree about the red stuffs

Absolute garbage when I had them on my 8p terrible vibration after putting some miles on them which disappeared after washing, but then would return after more miles.

Bite seemed to disappear when they started to wear.

Tried yellow stuff but they broke up within days so binned them.

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
I haven't suffered from them breaking up but agree they do fade easily and also contribute to judder unless you red bed them from time to time.
I presume there's no squeal with the Hawk pad?
Let us know how you get on with the new ones as I'll be keen to try something else next time around. I'm guessing the ceramic ones are made by Hawk too?
Post up some part number of you would? Cheers

i hated the red stuffs broke up under hard braking fade was terrible on them as well, i went from yellow stuffs to red and wont touch ebc again

Edited by Mattjj82, 14 November 2017 - 04:32 PM.

weardalered

weardalered

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

After speaking with Revolution at Gateshead, I had OEM discs and Yellowstuff pads fitted, which have the sensor.

Had them on for a while and apart from a bit of extra dust they appear to be performing well. No break up so far.

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
I ran yellows before reds as like you did t break up but they're incredibly noisy and give out a lot of dust as you say. Slightly better fade resistance but downside not so good initially from cold. IMO not as good as the reds for an all round road pad..

Wrekka

Wrekka

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Ah now I am confused!

Where do you get these Hawk performance pads from?

cheers

Wrekka

Wrekka

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
And what are the part no.s for them please? Many thanks

stevo_123uk

stevo_123uk

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

part number HB453F.585 

i have been running these for about 3 months and they stand up very well, no squeal off them and dont fade under heavy use, dust levels are normal and arent to harsh on the disc. the deposit seems to disperse well so the holes dont clog on the disc.

they dont have the slot for the wear sensors but this is due to them being for an evo/scooby

I wont use EBC again the yellow stuff where far to harsh on the discs and still faded.

losing the 1mm on the pad and the wear sensor slot opens up the market to loads of better options.

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

I've ordered some Ferodo DS Performance pads and will report back in due course. T800 and some others have reviewed them positively recently so I thought I'd give them a try. The spec's seem good on these. I'm not racing but spirited drives on quiet country roads perhaps, and I'm after good initial bite. 

I've had EBC Red and Yellow on my previous Golf R32 and wasn't impressed. The Yellows came away from the backing after a while too. The reds didn't have enough bite. Lots of people here have been ok with the reds on the RS3, but I wanted to try something different first.

RS Steve

RS Steve

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

With the Ferodo DS pads do you still get to keep the wear sensors etc please?.

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

With the Ferodo DS pads do you still get to keep the wear sensors etc please?.

I will report back tonight on the DS when I get in tonight, but I believe so. They are a dedicated part for the model.

Also note that EBC have now brought out correct versions for our cars with the correct wear sensor included. They are with an additional  /3C designation on the part numbers.

I spoke to Bart in Technical at EBC UK. He advises that although it seems that many RS3 owners have found the Reds to be ok. The clear and actual recommendation from EBC is to use Yellow Stuff.

I went for the Ferodo DS because of the feedback on here from the likes of T800, but also reading the blurb on how the DS Performance pads are constructed, and their coefficient of friction at .55 largely across the temp range. Points to hopefully an excellent bite.

EDIT: this post refers to the 8V model car.

Edited by JamesBaby, 12 September 2017 - 09:57 AM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.