• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Leevr

Leevr

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSouth west
Who uses dash cams in their cars with the always recording when the cars parked.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Who uses dash cams in their cars with the always recording when the cars parked.

Thinkware F770 here front and rear.

Set to time lapse in parking mode.

I found that continuous recording just filled up the Micro Card to quick.

RStu3

RStu3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationNE Scotland
Blackvue DR650s 2ch used here, front and back cams with parking mode and remote view / notifications direct to your phone via the app.... great bit of kit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Blackvue here too with parking mode.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Thinkware F750  front and rear with Incident recording set whilst parked.

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

The_Bear

The_Bear

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Blackvue DR650S 2ch here, it does the job but does record a lot of nothing in parking mode ! ! 

So had to get a large 128GB memory card so it doesn't overwrite any information and it was quite fussy on memory cards.

poolmeds

poolmeds

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

I'm the same setting and model as t800

i also have the flashing front light enabled that swishes back and forth like KITT!!

Edited by poolmeds, 16 August 2017 - 05:27 PM.

Panther Black / Dynamic pack / Technology pack / Comfort & sound pack / Design pack / panoramic roof / Super sport seats with RED stitching / Black wheels / Folding heated mirrors / black exterior pack / reverse camera / Privacy glass / Cruise control

PREVIOUS: MK7 Golf GTD DSG / MK6 Golf R DSG / Megane F1 Renaultsport / Mk6 Golf R DSG / Volvo C30 T5 R-Design / Audi A3 tdi S-line / Megane 225 Renaultsport / Clio 182 Renaultsport

bazf

bazf

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationAberdeenshire

Are there any of these dash cams rechargeable or are they all wired power supplies. 

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

Are there any of these dash cams rechargeable or are they all wired power supplies. 

Mines the Thinkware F770. There`s different ways of connecting them up. With engine on mine takes power from the car battery.With engine off you could still wire it to take power from the car battery but that will drain it after a while and the thinkware then turns off. I have a separate battery wired so with engine off it draws from this and with engine running it draws from car battery but also charges the thinkware battery at the same time. So simple to wire up ,just three wires for power then plug the cameras in. 

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

bazf

bazf

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationAberdeenshire

The thing is I don't want any wires at all while it's in operation.  It'll be bad enough having the thing suckered to the window.  

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

The thing is I don't want any wires at all while it's in operation.  It'll be bad enough having the thing suckered to the window.  

The wires are all tucked under the various trims.Apart from 2" of wire at the front camera there is nothing showing at all

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Thinkware F770 here front and rear.

Set to time lapse in parking mode.

I found that continuous recording just filled up the Micro Card to quick.

Sean

Does you rear window have privacy glass if so how well does the camera work ?

Dell.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Sean

Does you rear window have privacy glass if so how well does the camera work ?

Dell.

Spot on Dell no issues.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Spot on Dell no issues.

Cheers Sean  :)

Dell.

poolmeds

poolmeds

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

i have privacy glass and camera is immense

Panther Black / Dynamic pack / Technology pack / Comfort & sound pack / Design pack / panoramic roof / Super sport seats with RED stitching / Black wheels / Folding heated mirrors / black exterior pack / reverse camera / Privacy glass / Cruise control

PREVIOUS: MK7 Golf GTD DSG / MK6 Golf R DSG / Megane F1 Renaultsport / Mk6 Golf R DSG / Volvo C30 T5 R-Design / Audi A3 tdi S-line / Megane 225 Renaultsport / Clio 182 Renaultsport

RStu3

RStu3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationNE Scotland

The thing is I don't want any wires at all while it's in operation. It'll be bad enough having the thing suckered to the window.

Hi bax,

I've got front and back cams installed and believe I'm in your area if you ever wanted to check out the install / quality as above minimal wiring seen when installed

RStu3

RStu3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationNE Scotland
***baz not bax

RStu3

RStu3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationNE Scotland
Also should have mentioned that when installed, you hardly see the cam at all from the drivers seat!

weardalered

weardalered

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Hmmm. Trying to persuade my self to buy the Thinkware F800 Pro  2. Not sure if the extra money ( over the F770 ) for energy saving is worth it.

Edited by weardalered, 31 August 2017 - 04:29 PM.

poolmeds

poolmeds

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

https://www.blackbox...-thinkware-f800

sounds like the f800 is missing cloud feature and is not as discreet as f770....

the image quality is better but i assure you the f770 is HD incredible....depends on price difference but hope that helps

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.