7 replies to this topic

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen
Has anyone fitted BC racing coilovers & if so what's your thoughts?

R90 STL

R90 STL

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

I looked into BC coilovers before for the RS3. There isn't a specific kit for the car. The place I spoke to were going to make up a set of custom springs to suit the shocks. It was basically an S3 sportback setup they were going to sell me. I spoke to Dave Henderson and he advised strongly against doing this and to get a set of Bilsteins. I am unaware of anyone ever fitting the BC's to our cars but my mate has them on his S3 and rates them highly. If nobody has done it before then there is probably a reason for it. Get something that is tried and tested and you won't go far wrong. If it is adjustability that you are looking for then I would go for B16's. I have the B14's and can't praise them highly enough. They are probably in the ballpark of BC price.

If you are ever down my neck of the woods you are more than welcome to have a shot in my car to see what you think.

Audi RS3 8P. APR stage 2+, Milltek exhaust (decat and non resonated), 034 Motorsport ARB, 034 Motorsport air intake, Wagner FMIC, Bilstein B14, OZ Racing Formula HLT, Toyo R888R

looch

looch

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

I've only ever heard average reviews of BC in the past. I tend to hear 'Cheap & Cheery' when people discuss them. I went for Bilstein B14's and find them fantastic.

RS3 8P - Daytona Grey - Stage 2+ - 430hp - DSG Map - Turbo Back Milltek Exhaust - Wagner v3 Intercooler - 034 Motorsport Intake - 034 Motorsport ARB - 034 Motorsport Dogbone insert - 034 Motorsport Top Mounts - Bilstein B14 Coilovers 

R90 STL

R90 STL

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

looch I am just realising that our cars are extremely similar in spec/mods haha. A man with good taste clearly ;)

Audi RS3 8P. APR stage 2+, Milltek exhaust (decat and non resonated), 034 Motorsport ARB, 034 Motorsport air intake, Wagner FMIC, Bilstein B14, OZ Racing Formula HLT, Toyo R888R

looch

looch

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Very similar spec mate, always wanted to see a Daytona with Ali pack but Black Grill...have you got any larger images than your avatar ? :)

RS3 8P - Daytona Grey - Stage 2+ - 430hp - DSG Map - Turbo Back Milltek Exhaust - Wagner v3 Intercooler - 034 Motorsport Intake - 034 Motorsport ARB - 034 Motorsport Dogbone insert - 034 Motorsport Top Mounts - Bilstein B14 Coilovers 

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

looch I am just realising that our cars are extremely similar in spec/mods haha. A man with good taste clearly ;)

Ditto boys 😊

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen

I looked into BC coilovers before for the RS3. There isn't a specific kit for the car. The place I spoke to were going to make up a set of custom springs to suit the shocks. It was basically an S3 sportback setup they were going to sell me. I spoke to Dave Henderson and he advised strongly against doing this and to get a set of Bilsteins. I am unaware of anyone ever fitting the BC's to our cars but my mate has them on his S3 and rates them highly. If nobody has done it before then there is probably a reason for it. Get something that is tried and tested and you won't go far wrong. If it is adjustability that you are looking for then I would go for B16's. I have the B14's and can't praise them highly enough. They are probably in the ballpark of BC price.

If you are ever down my neck of the woods you are more than welcome to have a shot in my car to see what you think.

If I'm home next month I'll maybe catch up with you if your at Crail, Haldex is fixed now😂😂😂

R90 STL

R90 STL

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

I have the Xenonz 8v style grill with Quattro badge. I rather like it. Much meaner than the alu grill

Attached Files

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.