- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

plastictrickery

plastictrickery

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Used these guys today to get an engine clean, gotta say I'm very impressed with the results, she always ran with a light tappety sound but that has completely gone and she runs much more smoothly and picks up a lot quicker.
Anyone else had a thorough engine clean out?
I gotta say it was worth every penny.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Mines getting done next month along with manifold guides removed and retune on the map approaching 42k now. Yours? What method did they use?

Edited by JayRS3, 22 July 2017 - 05:47 PM.

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
How did they do the carbon clean?

plastictrickery

plastictrickery

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
They fed direct through the inlet manifold, just hit 70K and the results were very surprising. It was a pressurised system and then an extra additive in the tank

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
d0077f10f2e29e2b9c059743d1080cb1.png
My local garage use Tunap which is a kit made especially for decoking however im going to MRC which I believe use walnut (I think)

Edited by JayRS3, 22 July 2017 - 06:24 PM.

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
If you're feeling the benefits then that's great and don't want to put a dampener on your experience. Be interested to see how it's fairs in a couple weeks time.

I'm very sceptical about all these mobile type units..

From my point of view unless the inlet manifold is removed I'd be sceptical about exactly how much carbon has been removed. As for fuel additive, that wont do anything as it won't touch the back of the valves and inlet chamber due to it being directly injected.

They fed direct through the inlet manifold, just hit 70K and the results were very surprising. It was a pressurised system and then an extra additive in the tank

plastictrickery

plastictrickery

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
http://www.terraclean.co.uk/

plastictrickery

plastictrickery

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Yeah I was sceptical too but to be honest the difference is very noticeable, but yeah I'll update in a couple of weeks

plastictrickery

plastictrickery

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
The guy is the mobile unit for Avon Tuning in Bristol and I did a lot of research can't find any negative feedback

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
I'm not doubting its ability to remove the carbon incombustion chamber through to the exhaust and clean the injectors but the cars that suffer heavily with carbon build up are ones with direct fuel injection as effectively the fuel doesn't wash the valves and associated area clean. The system when hooked up also regards igntion and fuelling hence why often instance MPG is seen but not two long afterwards it soon returns to as was.
Direct injection is seen as more efficient but the downside is the coke build up it causes. This is why you'll now see the newer cars have duel injection to significantly reduce the carbon build up.
I think PG posted up an interesting thread sometime back when he had his down using TUNAP iirc

Edited by Mattjj82, 22 July 2017 - 06:49 PM.

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
http://www.audirs3oc...e/?fromsearch=1

plastictrickery

plastictrickery

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
The system is hooked up via the inlet manifold, the fuel additive is more of an after thought.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
I agree matt.
Did they give you before and after pictures? That coke is on there good!
With Tunap before & after
c55953f4f49ecda96eae4f14c0b4b7a6.png650c019bedff651169936b8120277acd.png

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.