54 replies to this topic

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Now, here's the thing... My gearbox mount is fcuked so I need to replace it. I'm not too keen on the performance options on the market due to increased NVH that I have read about on the forums. I also don't want to just replace it with OEM for a few reasons, 1. the stupidly high price Audi want to charge and 2. If I replace anything on the car I would rather fit a higher performance part as long as it suits my needs.

So back in February I contacted 034 Motorsport to ask if one of their street density gearbox engine mount combo's originally for a 2.5L Golf would fit on our RS3 8P's. They do have a set for the 8J, TTRS but only with a manual Gearbox. 

They were unfamiliar with the gearbox in our car so I supplied the type & part number of the gearbox. They said they were confident that the engine mount would fit but unsure about the gearbox mount on the Golf combo I had suggested so I left it.

Anyway searching the web the other day guess what I found:

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 22.28.54.png   33.01K   25 downloads

Attached File  8j-audi-ttrs-6-speed-manual-density-line-engine-transmission-mount-upgrade-pair-034-509-5019-sd-1_1.jpg   30.42K   25 downloads

Looks like this went up on their site around July 6th. Now I have no idea if this is a result of my enquiry back in February but is exactly what I was hoping to fit on the car.

https://store.034mot...et-density.html

Anyway, I have ordered a set and will let you know how it goes. All in I think they will cost @ £320 after import duty etc.

Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.
Duke3D

Let all us 8P owners know the out come as I for one are very intrested in your find 😊
Dell.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
I saw this too Duke last week and thought exactly the same. 034 tend to be great parts for our cars so no doubt it'll be beneficial upgrade. If and when mine goes again I'll be going 034 too interested to hear your review

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

nice one Rob, let me know how you get on as mine also needs replacing and was in exactly the same boat as you when looking for an alternative to OEM

Kenny

Kenny

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

I ordered what looks like this combo of mounts from 034 about 1,5 months ago. If they since then haven´t redesigned them to fit the RS3 8p.

After having an e-mail conversation with Stefan at 034 we came to the conclution that this combo should fit the RS3 8p. The right engine mount from the mk1 ttrs and the left gearbox mount from the 8p a3 2,0tfsi. By picture, they look the same as the oem RS3 8p ones.

After receiving the mounts, I removed the old ones and started to install the new ones and quickly realized that the new ones didn´t fit.

The bolt patterns fit against the chassis on both sides aswell as to the engine and gearbox. But the offset is wrong front/back by ~2cm on both sides meaning that the engine would sit ~2cm further back than oem.

Iv'e got pictures with the mounts side by side to confirm this.

This change would affect a lot of other things to be modified so i didn´t install them. 

I haven´t contacted 034 since then cause to much to do but planning on doing that.

2018 RS3 SB. Mythos black. 

Pre: 2013 Audi RS3. Misano red/Alu.

@steelcraftnbeauty on instagram. RS3 pics and custom steel projects.

Seb_RS3

Seb_RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • LocationHeysham

Be interesting to see how well this turns out. Could be a nice little upgrade.  :D

Kenny

Kenny

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Here is the difference of the right engine mount.

The left gearbox mount has the same wrong offset.

Attached Files

Edited by Kenny, 24 July 2017 - 09:17 AM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
Kenny
Thats a bummer im looking at changing mine at some later date !
Dell.

Kenny

Kenny

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Yeah it is, I'm sitting here with two (useless) engine mounts for the total price of ~ 350 euro   <_<

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
Kenny, that will be the 1st thing I will be checking is I have received compatible parts. Otherwise they will be on the 1st DHL shipment back to the USA

BTW the picture they used appears to be the same one as the parts in the TTRS manual combo. I don't think they reflect the actual parts in the combo I ordered but they should hopefully be with me this week so I can compare the engine mount to the one in your picture.

Thanks

Edited by Duke3D, 24 July 2017 - 04:07 PM.

Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

hmmm disappointing to read but I've got my fingers crossed for you Rob! What's the ETA on the parts?

Kenny

Kenny

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hopefully you get some newly developed mounts. And I mean like a couple of weeks ago. Or else I think 034 would have told me that they're working on a kit specifik for the RS3 8p. We´ll see.

This is the difference between the RS3 and the a3 mount btw. As I wrote earlier, the bolt pattern against the chassi rail is the same, aswell as to the gearbox. It's just the wrong offset to eachother. 

Fingers crossed that they have some new kit for you :) 

Attached Files

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Hopefully you get some newly developed mounts. And I mean like a couple of weeks ago. Or else I think 034 would have told me that they're working on a kit specifik for the RS3 8p. We´ll see.

This is the difference between the RS3 and the a3 mount btw. As I wrote earlier, the bolt pattern against the chassi rail is the same, aswell as to the gearbox. It's just the wrong offset to eachother. 

Fingers crossed that they have some new kit for you :)

Thanks Kenny these pictures are invaluable information and will save me a lot of time stripping parts off my car to check if the 034 ones will fit.  :D

hmmm disappointing to read but I've got my fingers crossed for you Rob! What's the ETA on the parts?

Well they've been in the UK since Sunday Matt. They are now in my local DHL depot, i'm just waiting for a request for the unpaid duty. Most likely Thursday.

JRS3

JRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationNewcastle upon Tyne

I think this kit fits the 8p but the transmission mount needs modified to suit the dsg gearbox. One of the lugs needs milled off.

https://store.034mot...t-aluminum.html

Edited by JRS3, 25 July 2017 - 01:15 PM.

JRS3

JRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationNewcastle upon Tyne

I ordered what looks like this combo of mounts from 034 about 1,5 months ago. If they since then haven´t redesigned them to fit the RS3 8p.

After having an e-mail conversation with Stefan at 034 we came to the conclution that this combo should fit the RS3 8p. The right engine mount from the mk1 ttrs and the left gearbox mount from the 8p a3 2,0tfsi. By picture, they look the same as the oem RS3 8p ones.

After receiving the mounts, I removed the old ones and started to install the new ones and quickly realized that the new ones didn´t fit.

The bolt patterns fit against the chassis on both sides aswell as to the engine and gearbox. But the offset is wrong front/back by ~2cm on both sides meaning that the engine would sit ~2cm further back than oem.

Iv'e got pictures with the mounts side by side to confirm this.

This change would affect a lot of other things to be modified so i didn´t install them. 

I haven´t contacted 034 since then cause to much to do but planning on doing that.

Did you buy these ones?

Edited by JRS3, 25 July 2017 - 01:21 PM.

Kenny

Kenny

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Did you buy these ones?

No. 

The engine mount came from the ttrs mk1 and the gearbox mount from a3 8p 2.0tfsi.

These were the ones that by pictures looked to be the same.

It's the ones in the read squares below. 

Attached Files

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Duke3D Kenny JRS 3

Ive done some digging about and found that both the engine & gearbox mounts of the TTRS & RS3 have different part No's.   :(

There also different No's between the gearbox mount of the 6 speed manual & 7 speed DSG gearbox's fitted in the TTRS.

Hope this shines some light on this subject.  :)

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 25 July 2017 - 06:07 PM.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Dell way ahead of you on that one  ;)

RS3

Gearbox: 8P0199555A
Engine: 8P0199262

Gearbox Mount Bolts
4* N90596906 M10X55X32 to gearbox - 32FT/Lbs
3* N10552402 M12X1,5X70 to Engine - 44 FT/Lbs

Engine Mount Bolts
2* N91029602 M10X55X60 to chassis - 32FT/Lbs
1* N91167801 M10X35 to Engine - 44FT/Lbs 
2* N90932502 M10X55 to Engine - 44FT/Lbs

034 Motorsport 034-509-5025-SD
8J0199262G worried
1K0199262M worried

TTRS
(6 Speed Manual)
Gearbox: 8J0199555H 
Engine: 8J0199262G 

(7 Speed Auto)
Gearbox: 8J0199555J 
Engine: 8J0199262G

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Duke4D

I had all those part No's when i posted but couldn't be arsed to be an anorak mate  :D

Dell.

Kenny

Kenny

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Yep, different part no's, I know. Hence why I had a long email conversation with 034 in June.

I mean if they started selling it after I bought it as a kit for the RS3 8p they should atleast have contacted me to ask if it actually did fit properly.

Or primarily try it out via one of their european suppliers such as awesome gti.

I'm really crossing my fingers that its´s a brand new kit and it will fit :)

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.