apr goapr aprtuned awesomegti stage2 rs3 8v

57 replies to this topic

Irfy

Irfy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Hey guys, got a great update for you all on the car now!

After running the APR stage 1 map since October 2016 (running circa 390-400bhp), the car was fitted with a Forge intercooler, Milltek downpipe with sports cat and an 034 Motorsport intake by Awesome GTI more recently. As this was stage 2 hardware but only running stage 1 software, APR developed new maps for the RS3 8V, the stage 2 and the stage 2+. The difference between the two is the stage 2+ utilises a high pressure fuel pump, either APR's own or by upgrading the internals of the stock pump.

With APR Stage 1 and the Forge intake and Milltek downpipe and sports cat, the car ran a respectable 408bhp and 448lb-ft.

After the stage 2+ map was uploaded and the hpfp internals upgraded, the car ran 440bhp and 541lb-ft! Best of all, the increase can be felt right through the rev range with a huge increase in the midrange. The car pulls smoother and with more urgency lower down the rev range when off boost which makes driiving around town so much better.

Once again a fantastic service from everyone at Awesome GTI for such a quick turnaround of the car and the rolling road runs.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPhfD-B9GooLvBWDg_sE-1LW_Zanh4AqK

Attached Images

• APR Stage 2+ RR.jpg

Edited by Irfy, 30 June 2017 - 12:33 AM.

2016 Audi RS3: Panther Black | SS seats | Design Pack | Technology Pack & Connect | Dynamic Pack | Alu Styling Pack | B&O | Sunroof | Privacy Glass | Camera

Mods: APR map | Milltek downpipe | Forge FMIC | R8 Coils | 034 Motorsport Intake | Carbon Engine Covers | H&R springs | Oil Temp | Alarm Beep

Kelza

Kelza

Elite Club Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCumbria
https://www.youtube....sE-1LW_Zanh4AqK

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Ah dude, I need this. Perhaps I should start with the Stage 1 and build up to it.

invisiblekid

invisiblekid

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

How does the gearbox like this map? Does it feel comfortable and is there any 'no torque read' file used?

RS3 8V FL - bone stock...for now.

RS3 8V - eTuners Stage 3 480hp.

Irfy

Irfy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Ah dude, I need this. Perhaps I should start with the Stage 1 and build up to it.

Just go straight to stage 2+ as it's cheaper in the long run :)

2016 Audi RS3: Panther Black | SS seats | Design Pack | Technology Pack & Connect | Dynamic Pack | Alu Styling Pack | B&O | Sunroof | Privacy Glass | Camera

Mods: APR map | Milltek downpipe | Forge FMIC | R8 Coils | 034 Motorsport Intake | Carbon Engine Covers | H&R springs | Oil Temp | Alarm Beep

Irfy

Irfy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

How does the gearbox like this map? Does it feel comfortable and is there any 'no torque read' file used?

Gearbox feels fine, no gearbox map was used

Shaunee

Shaunee

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Very good dyno results. :)

Now we need to see some verified and corrected VBOX logs and drag strip slips to see whether all this extra hardware and dyno torque, results in a quicker car on the black stuff.  We all know that's what counts! ;)

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Nice one Irfy

keep us all informed how it feels in the next few weeks 

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
541 torques! Car must be proper mental now ...

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

D19NL B

D19NL B

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
That's some serious torque! Get it down the strip this may well just take Shaun's crown for the fastest stage 2!

I just remembered that i'm absent minded, wait, i mean i lost my mind i can't find it.

Chungster

Chungster

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

541 torques! Car must be proper mental now ...

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Bit false though cos that 541 lb ft is a very short peak that is not held at all - 500 lb ft is more representative.

Saying that I wouldn't like the gearbox to take a sudden surge in torque like that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

red14

red14

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

All goes to show that a package of sensible upgrades makes life so much nicer.

Love those numbers, must be a real weapon mid range, which is where most of us drive.

Thanks for sharing - shows the RS3 is great to play with.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Bit false though cos that 541 lb ft is a very short peak that is not held at all - 500 lb ft is more representative.

Saying that I wouldn't like the gearbox to take a sudden surge in torque like that though.

Still pulling 350 lbsft at 6500rpms ! :angry: Even 500 lbsft is very nice thank you ! 

Edited by RS3Dell, 30 June 2017 - 09:44 PM.

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSouth of somewhere

Very good dyno results. :)

Now we need to see some verified and corrected VBOX logs and drag strip slips to see whether all this extra hardware and dyno torque, results in a quicker car on the black stuff.  We all know that's what counts! ;)

Agreed!

We have had some recent Santa Pod sessions with some close results for Litcho & MRC stage 2 tunes. But it would be nice if some of the APR, REVO and maybe some others could also come along so that we can see if these numbers actually stack up on the black stuff (good to meet other owners too).

Maybe someone could even beat Shauns best run. :o

now driving a 'Daytona Lite' FL car.

peazz

peazz

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

408 @ stage 2 seems low?! I was running stage 2 mrc, with panel filter, downpipe, decat, intercooler and I made 458bhp / 650nm.. that was without HPFP - with it would of made 750nm 

Previous Cars; M135i, F80 M3, 65 Sepang RS3, 15 Catalunya Red RS3 with all the trimmings
Current: Stage 4 Litchfield GTR 650hp/602ftlbs

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

408 @ stage 2 seems low?! I was running stage 2 mrc, with panel filter, downpipe, decat, intercooler and I made 458bhp / 650nm.. that was without HPFP - with it would of made 750nm 

Peazz

To be fair a custom map will get the best out off your car as every car runs different/mods etc.

Generic maps are a bit off one size fits all thing.

The upgraded HPFP is used to give more fuel at low rpm as the HPFP is moving less fuel so they can map for more torque in that rpm range.

Edited by RS3Dell, 01 July 2017 - 03:20 PM.

invisiblekid

invisiblekid

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Unless I've misread the 408 was at Stage 1 with some hardware mate. The OP's car did 448bhp Stage 2+ and looks strong from the midrange right to the redline. After 4K it's all about area under the curve.

Of course we can also look to the dyno being different and we don't know the base line stock figures for both cars. Peak figures are a small part of the story.

Edited by invisiblekid, 01 July 2017 - 08:52 PM.

RS3 8V FL - bone stock...for now.

RS3 8V - eTuners Stage 3 480hp.

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

The 408hp was Stage 1. It's just that soon afterwards Irf had the stage 2 parts fitted but no final stage 2 map.

D19NL B

D19NL B

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
So when can we see this car on the black stuff? Weather is getting better... Get to Santa Pod!!

I just remembered that i'm absent minded, wait, i mean i lost my mind i can't find it.

D19NL B

D19NL B

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
I repeat, when will we see this car in the black stuff? I know you raced Archie, now we need some data to back that up!

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: apr, goapr, aprtuned, awesomegti, stage2, rs3 8v

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.