• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

looch

looch

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Hi all

Am due to replace top mounts and was thinking of going the Bilstein route and getting some coilovers fitted at the same time. What else would you guys recommend changing at the same time?

Would love advice on both the top mounts and any other options like drop links? poly bushes?

Thanks in advance

RS3 8P - Daytona Grey - Stage 2+ - 430hp - DSG Map - Turbo Back Milltek Exhaust - Wagner v3 Intercooler - 034 Motorsport Intake - 034 Motorsport ARB - 034 Motorsport Dogbone insert - 034 Motorsport Top Mounts - Bilstein B14 Coilovers 

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
I went 034 uprated top mounts. Just ordered some 034 rear drop links. B16 Bilstein or B14 if your happy to not adjust. All the other bits can be standard bearings etc

looch

looch

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Thanks mate, have you got a link to the 034 drop links?

RS3 8P - Daytona Grey - Stage 2+ - 430hp - DSG Map - Turbo Back Milltek Exhaust - Wagner v3 Intercooler - 034 Motorsport Intake - 034 Motorsport ARB - 034 Motorsport Dogbone insert - 034 Motorsport Top Mounts - Bilstein B14 Coilovers 

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Thanks mate, have you got a link to the 034 drop links?

email Eddie @ WOTMOTORSPORT, he can get them cheaper than awesome

R90 STL

R90 STL

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

I recently upgraded from H&R lowering springs to Bilstein B14 coilovers. I was recommended to just get OEM top mounts and drop links by my mechanic. Not really had a chance to test them properly so feedback is limited at the moment.

Audi RS3 8P. APR stage 2+, Milltek exhaust (decat and non resonated), 034 Motorsport ARB, 034 Motorsport air intake, Wagner FMIC, Bilstein B14, OZ Racing Formula HLT, Toyo R888R

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.
Changed the top mount bearings only when I fitted B14s as the top mounts are a upgraded one from the TTRS,checked the drop links & they seemed to be ok 🙂

Edited by RS3Dell, 23 June 2017 - 10:59 AM.

R90 STL

R90 STL

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

How do you find the B14's RS3Dell?

Audi RS3 8P. APR stage 2+, Milltek exhaust (decat and non resonated), 034 Motorsport ARB, 034 Motorsport air intake, Wagner FMIC, Bilstein B14, OZ Racing Formula HLT, Toyo R888R

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

R90 STL
The B14s are very firm & well controlled with a sporty ride without the crashyness of the OEM set up :( I'm running standard ride hight at the rear with a 20mm drop at the front :)

The OEM springs are too stiff with weak damping,I had gone down the road of B8 shorten dampers & Eilbach RS3/S3 front springs with Eilbach TFSI Quattro rears springs but found the rears sat 10mm too high  :( 
Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 23 June 2017 - 09:50 PM.

looch

looch

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

B14's are £780 at Demontweeks. Cheapest I could find! Also got the 034 motorsport top mounts & bearings coming

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Looch

I payed £735 inc p&p from TDC Automotive in April this year  :) Kit No 47-127708.

Edited by RS3Dell, 26 June 2017 - 05:29 PM.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
142403aac9e290317e07af3f22ccf4c7.png

Use revolution and apply AD10 at checkout for 10% off & free delivery. Thank me later it's where I got my B16 & FMIC from.

Edited by JayRS3, 26 June 2017 - 05:58 PM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

142403aac9e290317e07af3f22ccf4c7.png

Use revolution and apply AD10 at checkout for 10% off & free delivery. Thank me later it's where I got my B16 & FMIC from.

Is there a discount code we can use when purchasing from you Jay ?

Maybe Dell10

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Is there a discount code we can use when purchasing from you Jay ?

Maybe Dell10

Haha yes Sean. It's "P-ZEROx2"

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Sean

Its Robin "1" emoji23.png

R90 STL

R90 STL

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

damn it wish I'd known about the discount. I bought mine from demon tweeks!!

looch

looch

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Yeah wish I had known about it too...Maybe we need a 'current discounts area' for people to post when they find them?

R90 STL

R90 STL

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Great idea looch. If I had waited another week I could have got them some £80 cheaper! That's a lot of beer tokens

Chr1sB

Chr1sB

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

OK .. non techie questions I'm afraid ..

I see that some people change Top Mounts and some don't .... what is the rationale for changing Top Mounts if just using the car for road use ?

I hate the standard suspension as it just so uncomfortable .... so .. what do people recommend for road use ?

I am not interested in 'going lower' particularly, or adjusting stiffness too much - as I rarely did that even on my old scooby 12 position ASTs - and so I am just after a good value alternative to what I've got that will be able to cater for our lousy roads and be comfortable so that I don't end up with back ache all the time and apologising to passengers.

I've seen that the B14s seem to be a popular choice - so would these fit my requirements do you think ... or ... does anyone have any experience of any other good solutions ?

Thanks all.

R90 STL

R90 STL

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

I would recommend the B14's. I have had mine on for a few weeks now and I love them. They are much more comfortable than what the H&R springs were. From memory, they are also more comfortable than the standard setup. Personally I didn't think I would benefit from the adjustable damping and I am glad I never went for B16's in the end because the B14's are damped nicely imo. The B14's are still quite stiff though but they absorb bumps far better.  For fast road use I think they are spot on!

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Definitely recommend Bilstein. Whatever you choose B14 or B16 they are both great upgrades and you'll notice the difference. I've opted for the B16 for the sake of another few hundred quid as you'll never know what or where you may go with the car so always nice to have that flexibility. I'm always tampering with mine which I like doing to notice the difference in dampening for particular journeys (only takes 5mins to adjust all round).

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.