45 replies to this topic

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

http://www.revotechn...s3/272/stage-2/

Spotted that Revo had their stage 2 out now as well. 

The torque curve, especially from low down seems compelling and better than APR. Do you think this difference is simply down to the way the dyno is loaded up, or is it real?. 

A lot of my general driving is below 3k rpm so this interests me as it really affects how a car behaves. I do not track the car.

red14

red14

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Have Revo stage 1 on my 8p and looking at S2. Seems good value as an upgrade.

Although the outputs for the different engines are different, I'd guess the mapping is comparable, so I'd suggest if you're wanting low end torque stick with the standard intercooler.

I have the Forge IC which is massive and definitely takes more time than the standard IC to fill on demand arriving. (That said, after about 3k power delivery is bonkers.) So if you need to spool the turbo up quickly then IMHO the standard IC would be better.

My driving is a mix - mornings like you below 3k, during the day it's a brief hop on the M-way and if plod and traffic allows, time to let it rip.

Irfy

Irfy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationLiverpool
If you get Revo stage 2 we should compare on the same rollers. You get a money back guarantee with Revo so might be worth taking that option?

2016 Audi RS3: Panther Black | SS seats | Design Pack | Technology Pack & Connect | Dynamic Pack | Alu Styling Pack | B&O | Sunroof | Privacy Glass | Camera

Mods: APR map | Milltek downpipe | Forge FMIC | R8 Coils | 034 Motorsport Intake | Carbon Engine Covers | H&R springs | Oil Temp | Alarm Beep

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.
Irfy & red14
How about a MRC one in that mix boys
Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 21 June 2017 - 01:50 PM.

Betaone

Betaone

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
After testing unsatisfactory the stage 2 beta in two weeks I will again mount the Miltek sporting cat and beacon load final stage 2.
Definitely make dyno test to check for actual differences between Stage 1 and Stage 2.
With definitive stage 2 there should be no more problems with DSG. DSG does not accept a torque above 65 kgm

rocketer

rocketer

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSweden Stockholm

After testing unsatisfactory the stage 2 beta in two weeks I will again mount the Miltek sporting cat and beacon load final stage 2.
Definitely make dyno test to check for actual differences between Stage 1 and Stage 2.
With definitive stage 2 there should be no more problems with DSG. DSG does not accept a torque above 65 kgm

Interested in what happens after 65 kgm, clutch?

Betaone

Betaone

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Interested in what happens after 65 kgm, clutch?

The control unit just comes to the torque of 65 kgm power cuts. To overcome this limit, you also need to map DSG

this is dyno stage 2 beta 

0001.jpg

Zoeben

Zoeben

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Check out irfys car on you tube, Archie Hamilton Racing, against an A45 AMG, Think that will answer revo or Apr!

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSouth of somewhere

Check out irfys car on you tube, Archie Hamilton Racing, against an A45 AMG, Think that will answer revo or Apr!

Here's the link to the vid.....

If you can put up with the intensely annoying Archie Hamilton, you will see that the RS3 is running a tune of around 440PS (from Awesome, which I assume is the latest APR tune) and Archie's orange wrapped A45 AMG is supposed/claimed to have around 440/450ps. I think that the A45 tune is one of those 'magic boxes' and an exhaust upgrade which makes the owner feel as if the car is so much faster than standard............ but in reality as proven by a proper tune...it is not! :lol:

Whats the word...... oh yeah.....annihilation!!

now driving a 'Daytona Lite' FL car.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Brian

Been nice to see your MRC car blow his doors off !  :D

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Brian

Been nice to see your MRC car blow his doors off ! :D

Yes agreed.......already having seen off supposedly 'faster' RS3's

D19NL B

D19NL B

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

If you can put up with the intensely annoying Archie Hamilton, you will see that the RS3 is running a tune of around 440PS (from Awesome, which I assume is the latest APR tune) and Archie's orange wrapped A45 AMG is supposed/claimed to have around 440/450ps. I think that the A45 tune is one of those 'magic boxes' and an exhaust upgrade which makes the owner feel as if the car is so much faster than standard............ but in reality as proven by a proper tune...it is not!

That was embarrassing for Archie... I don't know why he would claim that power and then not say anything at the end of the video as to how his map has been a joke.

Would be interesting to go up against the Apr stage 2+ map now though.

I did a 100-200 yesterday Brian and did 9.1with full tank so it's safe to say my leak is sorted. Need to get it back to the strip now though!

I just remembered that i'm absent minded, wait, i mean i lost my mind i can't find it.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

If you can put up with the intensely annoying Archie Hamilton, you will see that the RS3 is running a tune of around 440PS (from Awesome, which I assume is the latest APR tune) and Archie's orange wrapped A45 AMG is supposed/claimed to have around 440/450ps. I think that the A45 tune is one of those 'magic boxes' and an exhaust upgrade which makes the owner feel as if the car is so much faster than standard............ but in reality as proven by a proper tune...it is not! :lol:

Brian

Maybe we needed to see an Orange MRC 8v rip the ar#e out of the AMG 45 ? 

You know when you been Tango !  :D

Edited by RS3Dell, 30 July 2017 - 08:41 PM.

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

That was embarrassing for Archie... I don't know why he would claim that power and then not say anything at the end of the video as to how his map has been a joke.

Would be interesting to go up against the Apr stage 2+ map now though.

I did a 100-200 yesterday Brian and did 9.1with full tank so it's safe to say my leak is sorted. Need to get it back to the strip now though!

Will be September before I get back to SP for a RWYB day. In the last month I have been arsing about with boost issues, map changes and DSG settings (to get a better control on the crazy torque) and still have some throttle 'flutter' to get ironed out.

Caney

Caney

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationWarwickshire

Will be September before I get back to SP for a RWYB day. In the last month I have been arsing about with boost issues, map changes and DSG settings (to get a better control on the crazy torque) and still have some throttle 'flutter' to get ironed out.

still got issues?
2018 NARDO RS3 SPORTBACK MRC STAGE 2 520PS/705NM0-60 3.19 SECS/0-100 7.06 SECS

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Brian

Maybe we needed to see an Orange MRC 8v rip the ar#e out of the AMG 45 ? 

You know when you been Tango !  :D

Ha yeah, he did an 11.6 at SP last month.

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

still got issues?

Yes Steve, still have the annoying throttle flutter. We can see it on live data plot but there is no way a human foot can move that quickly to replicate it. Could be throttle sensor (easy to replace) or maybe an issue with throttle body??

Had boost leak too (power dropped to 416ps) but that was just loose IC hoses clips.

Shaunee

Shaunee

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Yes agreed.......already having seen off supposedly 'faster' RS3's

Who's car(s) is this 'faster' statement referring to then?

Shaunee

Shaunee

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
Archie's car has a Rebellion ECU remap.

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Archie's car has a Rebellion ECU remap.

I was going to post the vid of the tuning box being fitted but then discovered that soon after the car had it removed and an exhaust and stage 2 tune added. Dyno graph produced 443bhp and 471lbs/ft. Maybe not all the ponies were in good health for the RS3 showdown.......... or perhaps the tune on the RS3 was pretty good (Is it the latest APR offering?)

Edited by Fivepotfan, 01 August 2017 - 11:38 PM.

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.