5 replies to this topic

GreyDave

GreyDave

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLiverpool
Hello guys.

I'm looking for your opinions on polish and wax combinations for misano red. My car is still shinning from picking it up and having a coat of HD wax. I'm trying to think ahead for when I'm going to start from scratch on the car. One wax I've had in mind is fusso as I've seen a lot of people raving about this lately, has anyone used this?

Thanks, Dave

sig.jpg

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
When I did my mk 1 Misano

Meguiers 105 then 205 compounds

Then

Glare professional polish

Then to finish a dash of Zaino Z8 grand Finale

dcaf51e4292ac17407346e2aafd9e944.jpg
17205c60e67c1ad0f288c1721444f76a.jpg

19f0234703ea5283a0803a5ccadbe6ff.jpg
ad1b2d9c61a3fc77d86b6456e5c6fc7e.jpg

Nowadays on the MK2 I just use Gtechnic C2V3 after every wash.....

6e69ad7d0e13a526c3e5c31805457afa.jpg
36b93ac9b42e4e651f4c420b369b9c98.jpg

Edited by T-800, 10 April 2017 - 06:07 PM.

GreyDave

GreyDave

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLiverpool
That looks spot on, fair play. Thanks

sig.jpg

Obsidian Detailing

Obsidian Detailing

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Glare micro and pro are phenomenal for an over all gloss and depth. Its also very slick so doesn't get dirty as quickly as other LSP products. The people who don't like it, feel that way due to a lack of beading 

Fusso is very effective. Fills quite well and lasts amazingly. Beading is brilliant, but you get more "shine" than gloss in my opinion. 

Something that doesn't get talked about on non detailing pages is a brand called zymol. This is due to costs. But they have a cleanser called hd cleanse, and a wax called glasur. Beautiful products, and if you feel like "treating" yourself, they are a premium product

red14

red14

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

While I'm not as dedicated to polishing as you guys, my effort in polishing my roof (a rare event indeed) a few days ago paid off with some nice beading this morning. Quite a pleasing effect, considering the amount of dust and dirt on the car now.

Autoglym does the trick for me.

Attached File  240417 IMG_6414.jpg   74.36K   9 downloads

GreyDave

GreyDave

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Glare micro and pro are phenomenal for an over all gloss and depth. Its also very slick so doesn't get dirty as quickly as other LSP products. The people who don't like it, feel that way due to a lack of beading 
Fusso is very effective. Fills quite well and lasts amazingly. Beading is brilliant, but you get more "shine" than gloss in my opinion. 

Something that doesn't get talked about on non detailing pages is a brand called zymol. This is due to costs. But they have a cleanser called hd cleanse, and a wax called glasur. Beautiful products, and if you feel like "treating" yourself, they are a premium product

Thanks for this reply, I will definitely look into the products you have mentioned.

sig.jpg

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.