APR Tune and Dyno reading on an RS3

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

OZREV320

OZREV320

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you to RS3OC for the welcome I received in my email and in the shoutbox.

Let me ask a question straight out, APR offer a retune without any hardware changes that results in a claimed 415-odd HP (>300kw)
Is the anybody on this forum that can confirm the voracity of this tune?

And one other question - is it possible to get a reliable dyno reading from a Haldex clutch motor car such as the RS3, I cannot get a straight answer from Audi Australia (hence the OZ in the name - duh) and the APR agent for my region claims that it is not possible to get before and after readings on an RS3....which does not inspire much confidence in the APR upgrade? Any opinion on the APR upgrade?

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
Everyone is getting 415-420 with a stage 1 remap. That's bread and butter for the 8v.

Stage 2 with an intercooler and secondary cats deleted the main tuners are getting 440-450 ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaunee

Shaunee

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

And one other question - is it possible to get a reliable dyno reading from a Haldex clutch motor car such as the RS3, I cannot get a straight answer from Audi Australia (hence the OZ in the name - duh) and the APR agent for my region claims that it is not possible to get before and after readings on an RS3....which does not inspire much confidence in the APR upgrade? Any opinion on the APR upgrade?

Yes, absolutely.

My favourite is the MAHA MSR500 dyno.  Has a special run mode specifically for Haldex cars.  Even Audi use these dyno's, so if it's good enough for them.... 

Championrs3

Championrs3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Yes, absolutely.

My favourite is the MAHA MSR500 dyno. Has a special run mode specifically for Haldex cars. Even Audi use these dyno's, so if it's good enough for them....

How does that compare to dynojet systems i know that awesome gti use this system.

Shaunee

Shaunee

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
In my experience they over read.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.