- - - - - vmax highspeed

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Camgo

Camgo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I was lucky enough to get a space at VMAX200 on Saturday.

This was the first time I'd had chance to drive the car fast and first time at this speed also.

Find a video of the my run from one of the passengers.

A great day if anyone is interested.

https://youtu.be/-EZyRj8ZU9U

Attached Files

A_d_a_m

A_d_a_m

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
VMAX200 good shout!
I've always wanted to go myself.

Adam :)

Edited by A_d_a_m, 26 March 2017 - 06:59 PM.

Racing Blue RS3

Paul

Paul

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUK
Been to one of the very early ones with another forum back when you could spectate. I believe it grew very big and safety was considered, so
It's a bit more secretive now, and spectators can only accompany participants.

Cracking day out though for the car enthusiast. Ive never seen quite so much £M of cars in one place , and will always remember my 181 mph dash / 179 laser confirmed. Passenger lap in a 996tt X50 Porsche.

Camgo

Camgo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I agree completely, the value of cars around was unbelievable. 

It was a great day out, and as some of the events have been bought down in price from last year (£395 currently) then it makes it slightly more affordable than the £795 it was last year. 

I was pleasantly surprised how the people that attend these are all nice people and most people welcome passengers in their cars. 

Shaunee

Shaunee

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Glad you had a good day.

Few of my mates do this event quite often... looking to attend one of them this year with a few other highly modded cars.  I'll need a big blower before I do this though. lol

Someone I know was there on Saturday in his modded Skoda Superb.  VMAX'd at 177mph!  :D  Which is pretty awesome for the shortish distance.

What VMAX did you achieve?

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

What was in that R32 or did he set off before you?  Would loved to have seen just how much quicker the Veyron is too !!!

As a side note i can see where the RS3 lacks top end compared to the RS4, Mine seems to be much more rapid in at 120+ than the 3 appears on the video.  Obviously the last time i tried was on a private runway....  ;)

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

Shaunee

Shaunee

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

What was in that R32 or did he set off before you?  Would loved to have seen just how much quicker the Veyron is too !!!

As a side note i can see where the RS3 lacks top end compared to the RS4, Mine seems to be much more rapid in at 120+ than the 3 appears on the video.  Obviously the last time i tried was on a private runway....  ;)

No replacement for displacement attaining VMAX.... unless you strap a massive blower on an RS3! ;) :D

Camgo

Camgo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
In most cases every car got the drop / faster reactions off the line as this was my first time at such a day. I didn't drop my foot on the right pedal immediately, just rolled a little and the power down.

This was th R32 last run but I think he got to 174 before he cracked his manifold.

Camgo

Camgo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
My VMAX was 161.
First run was 130 and then increased it by roughly 5-6 mph each run as I felt comfortable. It's clear to say the car is more capable than me

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
How did it feel at that sort of speed? I've been at a GPS 159mph at Marham in my old Impreza and quite frankly I was bricking it!

TX

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

Camgo

Camgo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

How did it feel at that sort of speed? I've been at a GPS 159mph at Marham in my old Impreza and quite frankly I was bricking it!

TX

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

The car felt very stable and solid. I did the runs with either one passenger or on my fastest run of 161, had two passengers.

Its the sort of the car made for those ~150mph stretches on an autobahn full of people and Labrador in the boot.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.