- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Nickatkinson

Nickatkinson

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

I've only had my RS3 for 14 months and do like it apart from the horrendous brakes, but started having a look at the next car as you do. I was quite surprised to see that you can get a 1 year old (2-3k miles) fully loaded C63 for around £48k. If you stretch to over £50k there are loads and some with very low miles, possibly ex demo cars.

I would possibly go for an estate next and have thought that an RS4 estate or RS6 would be great, but the latter being out of reach financially being sensible. This seems a good compromise. I've actually been in one, not driven it, and it was a nice place to be, sounded great and very surprisingly the fuel economy wasn't awful compared to the old 6.0L engine. It states 33.6 for the combined cycle, so realistically say 25-26 mpg which is not much different to the RS3.

The main thing that would potentially put me off are being RWD  and living in Manchester, its going to struggle to get the power down 300 days of the year, also servicing costs are pretty steep.

Thoughts?

Attached Files

Edited by Nickatkinson, 24 March 2017 - 02:04 PM.

dbm

dbm

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRed Rose County
Garage View Garage
They're a nice car. A very different proposition to an RS3, more comparable to an RS5.

RS3 8V | RS3 8P

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

I had one try to get away from me on a slip road ... didn't work ;)

TX.

Nardo RS4

deepspacemillar

deepspacemillar

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBelfast, Northern Ireland

Awesome cars, with a brilliant soundtrack - a rather different car as mentioned  :P

Real Thing

Real Thing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Mate of mines just bought a C43 doesn't tick as many boxes for you as the C63 but the reassurance of 4wd might be worth looking at when the time for change comes (The Performance Exhaust on the 43 does sound awesome as well)

booker

booker

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

I had one try to get away from me on a slip road ... didn't work ;)

TX.

Was it slipping all over the road Term??

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Tbf it wasn't although it was a dry day. Sounded great though too. I like em but they are a bit low rent inside.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

D19NL B

D19NL B

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
Looks absolutely epic, saw one for the first time about a month ago, c63s coupé. Beautiful!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I just remembered that i'm absent minded, wait, i mean i lost my mind i can't find it.

booker

booker

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

I reckon they sound better than they look :)

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

Look and sound good, Merc's don't get a great write up these days for quality.

It'd still be a good option but poor residuals if you're bothered and like you've pointed out the spend a lot of time struggling to use that power. 

Haven't driven the new one so i'm only going off past experience. 

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

grimey121uk

grimey121uk

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationBolton

Was it slipping all over the road Term??

I was lucky enough to race C63s from the lights twice (without using LC), the first time was the new 4.0 turbo on a dry day and I initially lept away from him but by 80mph he started to reel me in. The second time was the older 6.3 one on the M6 toll, he waited for me to get through the toll booth (he was on the next lane), he tried but I was still pulling away from him at 120mph.

Maybe they cannot get any grip down even on a hot dry day or maybe people drive them around in eco mode, no idea but i do know that both C63 owners looked a tad disappointed.

Edited by grimey121uk, 25 March 2017 - 10:23 PM.

Audi RS3 (8V) Sportback 2016 - Catalunya Red - Comfort & Sound Pack - Dynamic Pack - Aluminium Styling Pack - Privacy Glass - SD Navigation - Hold Assist - Red Brake Calipers - Aluminium Interior Inlays - Private Number Plate

Audi S1 3 Door 2016 - Vegas Yellow - Black Styling Pack - 18" Wheels Upgrade - Red Brake Calipers - Comfort Pack - Privacy Glass - SD Navigation - Heated Seats - Flat Bottom Steering Wheel - Folding Mirrors - Audi Sound System

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

I was lucky enough to race C63s from the lights twice (without using LC), the first time was the new 4.0 turbo on a dry day and I initially lept away from him but by 80mph he started to reel me in. The second time was the older 6.3 one on the M6 toll, he waited for me to get through the toll booth (he was on the next lane), he tried but I was still pulling away from him at 120mph.

Maybe they cannot get any grip down even on a hot dry day or maybe people drive them around in eco mode, no idea but i do know that both C63 owners looked a tad disappointed.

All this on a public road ? and posting it on an open public forum you'll end up as another statistic.

Edited by Uncle Fester, 26 March 2017 - 08:14 PM.

R55ENS

R55ENS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationNorthern
We've all done it Fester. If you say you haven't then your a liar. If you like fast cars, your going to drive them fast!

RS3 8v - Exclusive Solar Orange :orange:

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

We've all done it Fester. If you say you haven't then your a liar. If you like fast cars, your going to drive them fast!

i've never posted on an open public forum of any illegal speed i might of done on a public road what's more i certainly wouldn't be posting i've been racing on a public road.

grimey121uk

grimey121uk

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationBolton

All this on a public road ? and posting it on an open public forum you'll end up as another statistic.

lol, maybe i should hand myself into the fun police.

Audi RS3 (8V) Sportback 2016 - Catalunya Red - Comfort & Sound Pack - Dynamic Pack - Aluminium Styling Pack - Privacy Glass - SD Navigation - Hold Assist - Red Brake Calipers - Aluminium Interior Inlays - Private Number Plate

Audi S1 3 Door 2016 - Vegas Yellow - Black Styling Pack - 18" Wheels Upgrade - Red Brake Calipers - Comfort Pack - Privacy Glass - SD Navigation - Heated Seats - Flat Bottom Steering Wheel - Folding Mirrors - Audi Sound System

Real Thing

Real Thing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

I think what Uncle F was trying to advise is that although we may have all done it but it was under controlled conditions or on a private road.  

ColinC2

ColinC2

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • LocationBournemouth

I went from a C63 (PPP so 485 bhp and stiffened dampers ) to the RS3. Never really got on with the Mercedes - it was a really harsh ride that made passengers car sick, and the traction control light was on far too much on anything other than smooth dry tarmac. Would choose an RS4 over it if I ever were to need a bigger car.

BMW M2 in Mineral Grey

Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDi Black Edition

Used to have a Condor Grey RS3 8P, and before that a further 47 assorted money pits

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

I think what Uncle F was trying to advise is that although we may have all done it but it was under controlled conditions or on a private road.

Thats right Chris ,its one thing doing it but posting about it on open forums an, videoing it and putting it on social media for the world to see is another ballgame which could come back to bite them one day .Theres ex members / members of this forum that seem to think they're driving the fastest car on the road [not nescessarily an RS3] and posting videos of themselves road racing ,it aint big and it certainly ain't clever especially when it ends up in a situation like this killing two innocent people which resulted from racing on public roads, this is just one of the many horrendous incidents that have occurred in the last few years.

http://www.dailymail...rror-crash.html

Edited by Uncle Fester, 29 March 2017 - 11:45 AM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
^^^^^^^ Agreed........

I seem to remember something stupid happening at a Wales meet last year which was basically down to showing off.......that could've ended a lot worse too.....

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

Thoughts; for the budget you mention, a V8, hatch and AWD think S/RS7. It's the future.

Edited by P_G, 29 March 2017 - 03:15 PM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.