14 replies to this topic

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

I'm not sure if its just me or because of London based Audi dealers but just booked in car, under warranty, to sort out (replace) front headlamp assembly as both are now suffering from internal condensation and or water vapour ingress and its in 4 weeks time! This was earliest time slot if I wanted a courtesy car (they now call it a

loan car). I could have reduced period to 3 weeks if no courtesy car. Is this a normal period - are Audi dealers chocker block with servicing/repairing Audis or is it just London/time of year?

Also it seems that though the 'loan car' is free i.e. a courtesy car, I have to pay some 'waiver collison' insurance which to my way of thinking isn't a free courtesy car?! Again is this normal or just London?

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

I`ve had "loan " cars from Audi on many occasions.Never had to pay a penny.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
I can normally book in with about 10 days notice if I need a loan car.

The only fee is the for the option to reduce the excess on the loan car, but this is voluntary.

I think 4 weeks is unacceptable and would press them on this especially as it's a warranty issue.

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Bexley Audi are normally 3/4 weeks with a loan car ,,,,,,,,

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex
I've had loan cars before with Audi and not had to pay anything, so I'm wondering if this insurance payment is a new thing?

Also the insurance is charged on a daily basis so will include additional time for Audi to verify fault, order new replacement headlamp units & then fix them all because they won't take my word & pre-order even though it seems a fairly well known fault.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Taking the headlamps out is a major job,bumpers off etc so will need a big time slot and in real world terms not very urgent !

Bexley Audi took a couple off weeks inc ordering the complete front brake upgrade for my RS   :)

Edited by RS3Dell, 15 February 2017 - 06:55 AM.

jimojameso

jimojameso

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

The dealers in essex are the same, 3 or 4 weeks with a loan car. I personally think it's disgraceful! With an Audi you would expect better service! Stansted Audi were no use at all when i contacted them last time.  :(

Edited by jimojameso, 15 February 2017 - 07:43 AM.

2015 Nardo RS3

2010 Sepang TT RS Sold!

poolmeds

poolmeds

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

yeah essex is 3-4 weeks.

however, i have always been told if it is warranty work you dont pay the waiver fee as its their fault

Panther Black / Dynamic pack / Technology pack / Comfort & sound pack / Design pack / panoramic roof / Super sport seats with RED stitching / Black wheels / Folding heated mirrors / black exterior pack / reverse camera / Privacy glass / Cruise control

PREVIOUS: MK7 Golf GTD DSG / MK6 Golf R DSG / Megane F1 Renaultsport / Mk6 Golf R DSG / Volvo C30 T5 R-Design / Audi A3 tdi S-line / Megane 225 Renaultsport / Clio 182 Renaultsport

red14

red14

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Glasgow is about the same which is why I go elsewhere these days as I'm out of warranty. Plus you just know that when you hand over the keys it's going to sit there for hours gathering dust while they fanny about with something else. Then you hang around waiting for the call to say it's ready (or not). I've been left carless on more than one occasion. Note : always have backup!

My local guys (A4 Audi) consistently keep me in the loop at various stages of the work and I feel confident they are actually doing what I want them to do, not simply ticking boxes on a standardised checklist.

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

yeah essex is 3-4 weeks.

however, i have always been told if it is warranty work you dont pay the waiver fee as its their fault

Thanks Pool - handy to know that & I will use when querying why being charged for insurance.

Also hadn't appreciated headlight removal was big job requiring bumper dismantling etc. On older cars its usually been a doddle to remove lamps because just bolted from inside engine bay with easy access to bolts. Mind you those were the days when you could see & gain access to most engine components - no need for complete dismantle!

red14

red14

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Tippytoes - it's going to be no consolation but Porsche had the headlight thing sorted years ago. A quick twist of a key and out it comes. You'd think other manufacturers would take the same approach!

As a quick addition to my earlier post it's such a shame the dealers conspire to damage the brand. These cars are technical and technological triumphs, beautifully built despite occasional foibles. It's a pity Audi didn't create the same "vorsprung (durch technik)" among the dealers.

Maybe they should re-read what their name means? See this from Wikipedia :

"Horch", meaning "listen" in German, becomes "Audi" in Latin. ... Audi's slogan is Vorsprung durch Technikmeaning"Advancement through Technology"

SK-RS3

SK-RS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
My local slough it's a nightmare to get a slot with courtesy car so I went the other way to reading and managed to get a slot two weeks earlier.

Only thing I find is if you take courtesy car even if small job like mine was ( oil change ) you won't get your car back till end of the day.

I had prang in a courtesy car ( not even remotely my fault ) and had to pay £250 excess funnily enough I've never been phoned to say hi here's your £250 back

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex
So dropped car in Audi dealer today to have headlamps sorted. Response based on feedback from Audi Uk "internal condensation is normal and not a warranty issue"! Apparently though lamps are sealed units they have a "breather vent" which is "what will cause internal misting in certain conditions when engine hot". So how come I was getting condensation on cold mornings before starting engine? Seems I will have to put up with occasional condensation or pay for new lamps myself - though if what Audi is saying about vent is true there's no point in replacing.

Whilst car was in, the dealer did software update for 'power management' not sure what this was but explained to me as "just an update of software as previous version quite old". And that's on a 15 months old car. However on short drive home the gear changes & power delivery seemed smoother though this may be a placebo thing like when car nice and clean seems to go faster. Need longer run to ascertain if any different - one thing though the exhaust blips and splutters did sounded different.

Interestingly I had mentioned when I dropped car off if they knew anything about front break upgrades/fixes for break squeal? Explained that I was fed up with Audi not responding and had changed front discs my self which seemed to sort issue out. When I picked car up it was explained to me that they had ordered some caliper weights/counter balances but they were currently out of stock (in Germany) and were not expected in till 28 March and my car is booked in for them. I don't think I need the caliper fix as brake noise seems to have been sorted with different discs (Alcon ones) - had initial brake squeal but then did some proper bedding in & seems fine at moment. Still some caliper fix shouldn't do any harm as my next step is to fit some red stuff and then maybe to change callipers for non Audi ones.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

So dropped car in Audi dealer today to have headlamps sorted. Response based on feedback from Audi Uk "internal condensation is normal and not a warranty issue"! Apparently though lamps are sealed units they have a "breather vent" which is "what will cause internal misting in certain conditions when engine hot". So how come I was getting condensation on cold mornings before starting engine? Seems I will have to put up with occasional condensation or pay for new lamps myself - though if what Audi is saying about vent is true there's no point in replacing.

Whilst car was in, the dealer did software update for 'power management' not sure what this was but explained to me as "just an update of software as previous version quite old". And that's on a 15 months old car. However on short drive home the gear changes & power delivery seemed smoother though this may be a placebo thing like when car nice and clean seems to go faster. Need longer run to ascertain if any different - one thing though the exhaust blips and splutters did sounded different.

Interestingly I had mentioned when I dropped car off if they knew anything about front break upgrades/fixes for break squeal? Explained that I was fed up with Audi not responding and had changed front discs my self which seemed to sort issue out. When I picked car up it was explained to me that they had ordered some caliper weights/counter balances but they were currently out of stock (in Germany) and were not expected in till 28 March and my car is booked in for them. I don't think I need the caliper fix as brake noise seems to have been sorted with different discs (Alcon ones) - had initial brake squeal but then did some proper bedding in & seems fine at moment. Still some caliper fix shouldn't do any harm as my next step is to fit some red stuff and then maybe to change callipers for non Audi ones.

You should've told them that the Alcons are an official fix and you want the warranty money for them........

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

You should've told them that the Alcons are an official fix and you want the warranty money for them........

Thanks for that T-8, hadn't realised this - will give it a go with dealer.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.