17 replies to this topic

Seb_RS3

Seb_RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • LocationHeysham

Quick question about the warranty. (I've never had a car with one before.) 

I currently have the extended warranty which will run out in the middle of next year. Once the 5 years is over can you extend it again? Or is that as far as it will go?

Cheers for any info.

Jk911

Jk911

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationKent
Depends on the mileage and age of the car but it shouldn't be a problem👍🏽

Seb_RS3

Seb_RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • LocationHeysham

Well the age will be 5 years as it's had it since it was registered and my millage by then will be higher mid 30,000's I'd guess. (Like 36 - 37)

Jk911

Jk911

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationKent
That mileage won't be a problem, if it was over 60k they might not want to extend it👍🏽

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

I pretty sure you can extend it until 100000 miles as long as its fully serviced 

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I pretty sure you can extend it until 100000 miles as long as its fully serviced

And not using Vauxhall spec oil eh Roy...

RS3rick

RS3rick

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
Both my RS3's had the 5 year warranty. If I were you I would 100% extend the cover as it's worth its weight in gold

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
A lot will stay with Audi and extend, basically you just put in your details online and it'll give you a quote.
I was recently advised that it's also worth considering using http://www.carcareplan.co.uk as they're apparently very good and don't quibble like Audi do when it comes to actually getting work done/paid for

SK-RS3

SK-RS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
Two things I've always sworn about 1. Extended warranty
2. GAP insurance .
It's all about covering your 6 these days

Keendean

Keendean

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

And if your car has no Audi warranty, but has a full Audi history, can you take warranty with Audi? Or is it then best to go after market? 

STRIKE EAGLE

STRIKE EAGLE

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationNORTH WALES

On my `61` plate.....my extended warranty just ran out last week , I had the Mondial.....15k cap , £250 excess , comprehensive at just over £400+/-.

I went on the Audi Extended Warranty site to re-new and it appears Mondial no longer does it but Audi do it themselves now.

At 36000 miles the latest quote for 15k capped annual mileage , £250 Excess , and named component is now just over £600!

Question.....the named components includes engine and gearbox , does this include the Haldex and Turbo ???

SK-RS3

SK-RS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
I would of thought so yes as their both related to the listed parts - plus turbo is fairly major part of the RS3

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

On my `61` plate.....my extended warranty just ran out last week , I had the Mondial.....15k cap , £250 excess , comprehensive at just over £400+/-.
I went on the Audi Extended Warranty site to re-new and it appears Mondial no longer does it but Audi do it themselves now.
At 36000 miles the latest quote for 15k capped annual mileage , £250 Excess , and named component is now just over £600!
Question.....the named components includes engine and gearbox , does this include the Haldex and Turbo ???

Seems a good price for the cover you get.

I think Jay had a quote for the whole shebang for £1200

Then a week or so later it came down to £600 odd if I remember correctly.

SK-RS3

SK-RS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
I think I'm paying around £50 a month for mine so £600 for the year 12 plate on 26k miles

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
£687 for the full cover. I'm still convinced their was a glitch on the site as every time before it was like £1300. Worth a shot but keep refreshing and go back and forth from the pages and it may adjust.... then when the final price is cheaper. Pay and print. Job done. I've claimed since so I know it's all safe

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Just extended the Audi warranty on the wife's 8P on MY12 plate with 21K miles as the 5 year warranty expired at the beginning of March

For the all component cover, <15K miles PA with £100. excess has just cost us £1156.89  :o Re-ran through the online quote system a few times over a few days & it's always came back with £1156.89  :wacko:

Just run through the extended warranty quote system again to check & its still coming back with £1156.89

Would love to know why theirs such a difference between the quotes others are getting - could it be anything to do with the licence plate No

only that the Mrs has a personal Irish plate on her RS 3?

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

SK-RS3

SK-RS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
Pretty sure mine was comprehensive for £600 I know I paid less for Mrs all components on her S4

weardalered

weardalered

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Nothing to see here folks.

Its gone to the right post

If I knew how to delete the post I would (hint hint)

Edited by weardalered, 18 October 2017 - 05:28 PM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.