83 replies to this topic

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Will be the same as extending past the 3 year standard warranty.

Do they not stop at 5 years? Or is it a forever going thing?

*Dan*

*Dan*

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Do they not stop at 5 years? Or is it a forever going thing?

Couldnt find on there website but only had a quick glance.

Mine was registered in Sep 2011 which makes it over 5 years old and they are still giving me quotes (same prices as you stated earlier).

The car was also over 5 years old when they replaced the engine under the warranty also.

EDIT: Checked and there's no age limit, just a mileage limit of 100k.

Edited by *Dan*, 19 October 2016 - 02:52 PM.

Gussman

Gussman

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationCaledonia............

No this option wasn't available last year but I suppose it's a win win for Audi... extra Β£40 interest and more customers being able to afford it.

My renewal came today, I still don't get how others have price differences.
All components, 33k, under 10k:-
Excess
Β£0 = Β£1350;
Β£100 = Β£1100;
Β£250= Β£850.

Not sure which option to choose. This past year i did Β£250 and haven't had to use the warranty so it saved me to use that excess. Not too sure about this year, especially as I've done a few mods since so they'll probably refuse any work because of it, so worth taking that into consideration (mainly suspension & brakes)

Quotes they give out are soooooooooooo wide ranging.........

So mine is due in Nov, email came through other day and i clicked through. My quoted figures:

39k miles

All component cover

Less than 15k miles

0 excess - Β£716.54

100 excess - Β£600.66

250 excess - Β£484.77

So, your mileage is less than mine, you're going to be doing less miles than me next year & you didn't claim last year (neither did I) - so in my books all in your favour at this point BUT your quotes are more than mine?? 

As Roy mentioned, service history must come into play somewhere (or amount of times you've "visited" an Audi dealership to have a fault "inspected"??).

The cynic in me thinks there's a "comments box" in the Audi dealership system (based on car chassis number/customer name) where it's for Audi/dealership eyes only........

"Customer X back in again complaining about problem Y - no fault found but maybe needs new engine soon"

:o

I mean, what other reasonable reason could there be for such a vast difference in quotes??

Putting my tin foil hat back on.......... :P

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Quotes they give out are soooooooooooo wide ranging.........
So mine is due in Nov, email came through other day and i clicked through. My quoted figures:

39k miles
All component cover
Less than 15k miles

0 excess - Β£716.54
100 excess - Β£600.66
250 excess - Β£484.77

So, your mileage is less than mine, you're going to be doing less miles than me next year & you didn't claim last year (neither did I) - so in my books all in your favour at this point BUT your quotes are more than mine??

As Roy mentioned, service history must come into play somewhere (or amount of times you've "visited" an Audi dealership to have a fault "inspected"??).
The cynic in me thinks there's a "comments box" in the Audi dealership system (based on car chassis number/customer name) where it's for Audi/dealership eyes only........

"Customer X back in again complaining about problem Y - no fault found but maybe needs new engine soon"

:o

I mean, what other reasonable reason could there be for such a vast difference in quotes??

Putting my tin foil hat back on.......... :P

Crikey I wish I had your quotes. That's insane! I'm going to ring them up tomorrow and try and see if I can haggle a better price as that's ridiculous. Strange thing I have full Audi service history and no faults since taking out the extended warranty (year 4) and will continue to do so even in year 5.

Edit: I've just done it again with only 20k miles and it's staying the same prices throughout the excesses.

Edited by JayRS3, 19 October 2016 - 06:45 PM.

Pete62

Pete62

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

No this option wasn't available last year but I suppose it's a win win for Audi... extra Β£40 interest and more customers being able to afford it.
My renewal came today, I still don't get how others have price differences.
All components, 33k, under 10k:-
Excess
Β£0 = Β£1350;
Β£100 = Β£1100;
Β£250= Β£850.
Not sure which option to choose. This past year i did Β£250 and haven't had to use the warranty so it saved me to use that excess. Not too sure about this year, especially as I've done a few mods since so they'll probably refuse any work because of it, so worth taking that into consideration (mainly suspension & brakes)

Hi guys ,first post.
My warranty came up for renewal last month. 2012 with 35k miles.
Following the link I was sent by Audi and the quote was in the region of Β£1300 for everything covered with no excess.
I was going to leave it as it was strong money but I read a horror story on here about an engine failure and decided to revisit it perhaps to get named component cover.
I had received another reminder as it was now two days until expiry. To my surprise quote had gone down to under Β£600 for full cover with Β£100 excess.Full cover with no excess was about Β£100 more.
I wonder if they give you a big renewal first to see if you just pay it.
Pete

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Welcome along Pete....

On my 8p RS3, 4th year was Β£600 odd 0 excess, two months after I took the policy out I went on the Audi website and it quoted me Β£1200, I have no idea why, just glad I took it when it was at the lower price, it seems to fluctuate for no reason.....

I'd get it though if I were you as an engine failure could be costly, (18.5k costly)

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Hi guys ,first post.
My warranty came up for renewal last month. 2012 with 35k miles.
Following the link I was sent by Audi and the quote was in the region of Β£1300 for everything covered with no excess.
I was going to leave it as it was strong money but I read a horror story on here about an engine failure and decided to revisit it perhaps to get named component cover.
I had received another reminder as it was now two days until expiry. To my surprise quote had gone down to under Β£600 for full cover with Β£100 excess.Full cover with no excess was about Β£100 more.
I wonder if they give you a big renewal first to see if you just pay it.
Pete

Interesting... may leave till late as possible then as I really don't think it's going to go any higher than Β£1300 with no excess. Nothing to lose really.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
These are figures on my old MK1 RS3 for its 5th year warranty.

Seems to change on Excess/Annual mileage combinations

You can pay monthly too now...,

68c78ea9f347726b8e87c9f4688aabd6.jpg

add4d43a6d2f7373ad28df3d785bf949.jpg

7fc29ae5af8ce287b367b6264b5131d9.jpg

d70b5718be5eef5ea91b26e09ad3bcec.jpg

Cheapest is named component cover...
7f0c238aa215c6c091d1b16782be6205.jpg

Edited by T-800, 20 October 2016 - 07:06 AM.

The_Bear

The_Bear

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Is it worth going for all Component cover? or just the named components?

IOWRS3

IOWRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
Ive been looking at the differneces between All and Named and is there much mre in the full cover? Named seems to cover a dair bit a lot of the main things that could go?

Gussman

Gussman

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationCaledonia............

Certain words sticks out for me under what's covered/not covered.

All components:

We will also pay for the costs of consequential failure 
       subject to the maximum claims limit and the terms and 
       conditions of this policy.

Named components:

We will not pay for:

β€’ Water ingress

β€’ Consequential failure

Teamgreen2

Teamgreen2

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Has anyone had to claim on the extended Warranty and how did you find the whole process.

*Dan*

*Dan*

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Has anyone had to claim on the extended Warranty and how did you find the whole process.

The claim is all processed through your local Audi dealer, so the experience is very much down to how competent they are.

I've claimed twice and both times had to kick off a stink with Audi UK before finally getting issues resolved. Again this is the dealer themselves rather than the warranty company.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
I rung the extended warranty claim line this morning to ask why the difference in prices compared to other owners and basically she just said it's Audi that sets the prices.

So I tried the website again and low and behold my renewal price was ridiculously cheap (maybe it was an error on the site I don't know but it allowed me to proceed and I have email confirmation and new policy number) normally they don't allow you to renew before 30 days of expiry but again it has allowed me to do it.

I've paid today:
Β£687 (half the price of original quote)
All components/no excess
Less than 10k.

3279a77dafdb5f596578c8c2f56fb8fb.pnga2ebcf1774a13d7fbe3e18c1ce7f429a.png

Edited by JayRS3, 24 October 2016 - 10:45 AM.

IOWRS3

IOWRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
Whats your mileage on the car Jay?

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Whats your mileage on the car Jay?

IOWRS3

IOWRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
It must be random or just changes from time to time, everything the same as yours and its 1300 with 0 excess 30k miles

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

It must be random or just changes from time to time, everything the same as yours and its 1300 with 0 excess 30k miles

i couldn't believe it when I tried it, did ponder but thought f*ck it it's not my fault. And I've compared everything to last years paperwork and all seems legit so I will argue the toss if anything backfires later down the road. I did check again after I purchased it and it had raised to just over Β£1300 again.

Rs nut

Rs nut

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
Don't bother with warranties...just buy new car before warranty runs out...would be good deposit towards new carπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Don't really think it's a valid comment as the depreciation each year on a new vehicle will be a minimum of 3 times the cost of a years extended warranty!

Don't bother with warranties...just buy new car before warranty runs out...would be good deposit towards new carπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
Β© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.