• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

So how do you go about getting the warranty in place on a car with no warranty?

Do I just go in my local Audi garage and ask to purchase the years worth of warranty? Thanks

You go online to Audi website
Go to the extended warranty section and input your Reg number and computer will say either yes and a price or no.

David8

David8

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationBournemouth
Worth its weight in gold iowrs3 trust me has covered a few problems I have had cost £1000 has covered over 8k of repair work, enough said really good luck to you with the RS3 apart from the issues I've had best car I've ever had by far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IOWRS3

IOWRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Also noticed they will let you pay monthly for the extended warranty now, which only must have happend recently as wasnt an option when I purchased in April.

Current quote for me is £1100 under 15k miles and £100 excess to give you an idea of price.

Yeah with the car I will hopefully be buying its about 860 eith 250 excess or just under 1k with 100 excess. Definitely good value for what it could cover you.

Worth its weight in gold iowrs3 trust me has covered a few problems I have had cost £1000 has covered over 8k of repair work, enough said really good luck to you with the RS3 apart from the issues I've had best car I've ever had by far

Thanks David! I am beyond excited to get it, counting down the days until i sort my current car and put it up for sale then just waiting and hoping it sells quick so I can get my RS3!

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

If you modify your car and have the extended warranty I'd make sure you've a Mod friendly dealership that you use, should the worst happen.
My advice.....
Get the warranty
Enjoy the car in standard form

I know / read about too many owners with mapped cars that have had 'big' issues....

In my opinion these five pot engines can't handle power hikes and owners that launch / drive them hard.

Edited by T-800, 03 October 2016 - 04:06 PM.

David8

David8

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationBournemouth
I would take that advice above

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

If you modify your car and have the extended warranty I'd make sure you've a Mod friendly dealership that you use, should the worst happen.
My advice.....
Get the warranty

I know / read about too many owners with mapped cars that have had 'big' issues....

In my opinion these five pot engines can't handle power hikes and owners that launch / drive them hard.

Sean its not just the engine the Stronic box could also be a weak point with the increased torque due to mapping.

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

I also think that mileage and service history come into consideration 

I would not have thought they would cover a car that might have covered   80000/90000 as parts would be well worn by then ?

IOWRS3

IOWRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

My advice.....
Get the warranty

Yeah Ive never really had plans to remap anyway, for me the RS3 will be my 3rd csr owned my current being a 280bhp astra vxr so the RS3 standard is going to be more than enjoyable. The o ly things id want is the cat deletes and maybe some visual changes, but none that will affevt the warranty (quattro badge/alloys colour) only things id probably avoud now is the springs as they arent an easy switch out come garage time.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I also think that mileage and service history come into consideration

I would not have thought they would cover a car that might have covered 80000/90000 as parts would be well worn by then ?

Depends how it's been treated Roy.......

Minimal servicing coupled with ragging/modding the backside out of it = trouble for future owners.

Look how many come on this forum and generally the first posts are about remapping the car.
You only need one component in a remapped car to fail and it's bye bye engine.

IOWRS3

IOWRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
Well the car im buying is stock and only 39k miles on the clock so the warranty is pretty cheap

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

Well the car im buying is stock and only 39k miles on the clock so the warranty is pretty cheap

Harry is it an 8p?

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Enjoy the standard car, get the warranty and service it well (extra oil changes are a good idea) 10000 miles is toooo long in my opinion.

Let it warm up before any serious right foot action and warm down if you've been out on spirited driving.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Sean its not just the engine the Stronic box could also be a weak point with the increased torque due to mapping.

Everything is put under enormous strain by the increased power Ben.
Look at the brakes, barely able to work properly on standard cars.

IOWRS3

IOWRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Harry is it an 8p?

Yeah Ben it is, after changing my decision to get the 8V and then after more things happened etc and lots of different "final" decisions Ive stuck to my original intention and going for an 8P. For me at my current stage of life the extra 15k+ and 150-200£ppm isnt worth what you get more in the 8V. Plus in some ways I prefer the original.

Enjoy the standard car, get the warranty and service it well (extra oil changes are a good idea) 10000 miles is toooo long in my opinion.

Let it warm up before any serious right foot action and warm down if you've been out on spirited driving.

Yeah think this my plan at the moment. As for the proper care i completely agree, i probably do 7k miles a year and will make sure its oil is changed at that or less. I warm up/cool down my VXR now and plan to take even more csre of the Audi. Any specific recommendations on ensuring the car is happy (5 mins warm up before drive and then drive 5 minutes before heavy foot etc?)

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

Yeah Ben it is, after changing my decision to get the 8V and then after more things happened etc and lots of different "final" decisions Ive stuck to my original intention and going for an 8P. For me at my current stage of life the extra 15k+ and 150-200£ppm isnt worth what you get more in the 8V. Plus in some ways I prefer the original.

Yeah think this my plan at the moment. As for the proper care i completely agree, i probably do 7k miles a year and will make sure its oil is changed at that or less. I warm up/cool down my VXR now and plan to take even more csre of the Audi. Any specific recommendations on ensuring the car is happy (5 mins warm up before drive and then drive 5 minutes before heavy foot etc?)

Sent you a pm 

135i king

135i king

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
Thanks Sean, I'll check it out.

I can't hold back on modding though, I strongly feel that when I can improve things on the car then I should do. People might think "well get a faster car then".. However I could jump in a gtr and still want to remap it 🙈

Gussman

Gussman

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationCaledonia............
On a side note, my extended warranty renewal email came through yesterday.
I see you can now spread the payments over 12 months (extra £40 on top....).
I'm sure that option wasn't there last year?

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

On a side note, my extended warranty renewal email came through yesterday.
I see you can now spread the payments over 12 months (extra £40 on top....).
I'm sure that option wasn't there last year?

No this option wasn't available last year but I suppose it's a win win for Audi... extra £40 interest and more customers being able to afford it.

My renewal came today, I still don't get how others have price differences.
All components, 33k, under 10k:-
Excess
£0 = £1350;
£100 = £1100;
£250= £850.

Not sure which option to choose. This past year i did £250 and haven't had to use the warranty so it saved me to use that excess. Not too sure about this year, especially as I've done a few mods since so they'll probably refuse any work because of it, so worth taking that into consideration (mainly suspension & brakes)

Edited by JayRS3, 19 October 2016 - 11:50 AM.

Paul

Paul

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUK
Any one extended past the factory 5 year warranty option?

*Dan*

*Dan*

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Any one extended past the factory 5 year warranty option?

Will be the same as extending past the 3 year standard warranty.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.