244 replies to this topic

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Imagine nipping down the shops in the R8  :huh:

It's bad enough going in a normal sized car..........

SK-RS3

SK-RS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
I think the new TTRS has finally taken the TT away from that stigma of hairdressers motor.
If I didn't need the space for kids and crap I'd consider one 3.7 is fairly rapid and handling should be pretty good.
But as mentioned for a decent spec 60k is very close to easier V10 R8 price for bragging rights yeah R8 all good but I see the TTRS as more useable car

peazz

peazz

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

60k for a specced up 2 seater Audi? LOL... no chance. Its a new ally block which IMO has no long term testing, look what happened when nissan switched to a ally block on the skyline?

Previous Cars; M135i, F80 M3, 65 Sepang RS3, 15 Catalunya Red RS3 with all the trimmings
Current: Stage 4 Litchfield GTR 650hp/602ftlbs

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

60k for a specced up 2 seater Audi? LOL... no chance. Its a new ally block which IMO has no long term testing, look what happened when nissan switched to a ally block on the skyline?

The brakes won't suit you either.....

Real Thing

Real Thing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Lot of People wouldn't Pay £50K for a Specced Up Hot Hatch RS3 but look how well there've sold so Audi have only priced the New RS in-line with that (MK2 TTRS Plus was about £10K more than the Gen1 RS3) and from someone who's owned quite a few Cars my MK2 TTRS is up there as one of my all time Greats. But if you don't like cutting Hair and need 4 Seats can understand why is not on your list

Edited by Real Thing, 18 August 2016 - 02:23 PM.

sawda

sawda

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationNorth London
I think the ttrs would be great, I did half consider waiting for the ttrs but Tbh I think the Cayman would be better. Be interesting to see of Audi can make something really special. Porsche has the best chassis in the world for this sort of money, will be interesting to see if it can compete, straight line speed it will be amazing but that's not everything. The one I saw at goodwood didn't have the presence of a 60k car.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

I'm seriously considering one after seeing this.

http://www.audi.ch/d..._09_deutsch.pdf

Edited by Uncle Fester, 21 August 2016 - 09:39 AM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

It looks superb Ben.... Even with the 'silly fixed rear wing'

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

It looks superb Ben.... Even with the 'silly fixed rear wing'

Yea it does Sean and of course it one less thing to go wrong  ;) the interior is superb look at the the Diamond stitching very classy. :)

Edited by Uncle Fester, 21 August 2016 - 09:57 AM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Yea it does Sean and of course it one less thing to go wrong ;) the interior is superb look at the the Diamond stitching very classy. :)

And it's got the essential 2.5 engine........

None of this 2.0 sewing machine nonsense......

booker

booker

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Seats look good too :)

EddieRS3

EddieRS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
There is no doubt about it, the PDK Cayman S 718 will be a much better driving car than the TTRS. It's just a fact, every single reviewer of the 718 S has said its one of best cars they've ever driven, and especially one of the best Porsches (except for noise).

But there is just something that draws me to a 4 wheel drive technology-full slightly overpriced Audi. I love the TT, always have. Had 4 of them now and I'm waiting to see just how good this TTRS is. It's got R8 performance, how can it be bad!

RS3 8v On Order - Sepang / Dynamic Pack / Comfort & Sound / Black Styling Package / Titanium Rotors / SSS / Advanced Key / Tech Pack / Hill Hold

RS3 8v Collected! - Glacier White / Dynamic Pack / Technology Pack High / Comfort & Sound / Black Roof Rails / Black Styling Package / Red Calipers / Hold Assist / SSS / Reversing Camera / Privacy Glass / Titanium Rotors

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage
I suppose the big advantage over an R8 (2nd hand) is it has a rear albeit small seat. Has anyone ever had a child seat in the rear?

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

peazz

peazz

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Lot of People wouldn't Pay £50K for a Specced Up Hot Hatch RS3 but look how well there've sold so Audi have only priced the New RS in-line with that (MK2 TTRS Plus was about £10K more than the Gen1 RS3) and from someone who's owned quite a few Cars my MK2 TTRS is up there as one of my all time Greats. But if you don't like cutting Hair and need 4 Seats can understand why is not on your list

Already had tuned TTRS...good cars but impratical unless you have money to burn :)

Previous Cars; M135i, F80 M3, 65 Sepang RS3, 15 Catalunya Red RS3 with all the trimmings
Current: Stage 4 Litchfield GTR 650hp/602ftlbs

Real Thing

Real Thing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

I suppose the big advantage over an R8 (2nd hand) is it has a rear albeit small seat. Has anyone ever had a child seat in the rear?

Took My Brother and his wife to East Midlands Airport Once (Both About 5'9") Was only about 20 Miles but he did complain of a Bad Neck all Holiday and made his wife sit in the Back Coming Home. 

Already had tuned TTRS...good cars but impratical unless you have money to burn :)

Lost About £7K in two years on my Plus when I sold it last year, Which I don't think is a Bad return when you consider the Performance your getting.

A Good 13 Plate MK2 (If you can find one) Is still demanding low £30K's  

Edited by Real Thing, 23 August 2016 - 02:26 PM.

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

Curious that there is a German brochure out, I have been unable to find English equivalent on Audi UK site - they don't even have a configurator set up yet for TT RS so what will new orders be based on?

Real Thing

Real Thing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Curious that there is a German brochure out, I have been unable to find English equivalent on Audi UK site - they don't even have a configurator set up yet for TT RS so what will new orders be based on?

Order Process has been put back to 23rd September

RadiantDarkness

RadiantDarkness

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSouth, UK

Roy will be happy, you can have it in Nardo. :D

Chris.

Current: Audi RS3 Sportback, Sepang Blue Pearl, Black Seats (Rock Grey Stitching), Dash, Carpet, and Headliner. Comfort & Sound Package. Folding Door Mirrors. Dynamic Package. Lumber Support. Hold Assist. Non-smoking Package. Reversing Camera. Technology Package + Mobile Phone High + Audi Connect. Interior Protection Package. Paint Protection Package.

Previous: Audi A5 S-line Cabriolet, 2.0TFSi, Quartz Grey

Real Thing

Real Thing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

With the TTRS delays can't see be being in one much before March next year so just got back from Sandals Wakefield after putting a Deposit down on there Demo M2 (Collect 20th) Probably not the best time to be purchasing a RWD BM but still have the Golf R for the Slippery Days :)  

sawda

sawda

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationNorth London

Used to fit my kid in the back when I had a mk2 tt, it's fine for short trips but as her legs grew longer it became far from ideal, so switched for an rs.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.