T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I just send email to Revo

Hi Antti

Revo dealer says to go on their website, they have a dealer in Poland.

The Hubs are custom machined for the 8V and they buy in Alcon discs, fitment on an 8P hasn't been tested at all............

You'd need to get someone to measure the MK1 disc offset and ask the guy at VHub if he can measure the Alcon offset.

The 8V Discs are slightly thicker at 34mm as opposed to 32mm on the 8P.

Or you could just buy the 6 pot Revo big brake kit.......

https://www.revotech...brake-kit-mono-

Edited by T-800, 15 November 2016 - 02:41 PM.

Antsa79

Antsa79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes you mean jdl-brakes in Poland?
I check their price 1760£+ vat+ shipping to Finland.
Their alcon 8p disc is semi floating.
Revo 8v upgrade disc is around 1000£ In Finland.
And it is full floating disc.
Disc dimensions are 380*32mm i think and that is why i ask fitment to 8p

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Yes you mean jdl-brakes in Poland?
I check their price 1760£+ vat+ shipping to Finland.
Their alcon 8p disc is semi floating.
Revo 8v upgrade disc is around 1000£ In Finland.
And it is full floating disc.
Disc dimensions are 380*32mm i think and that is why i ask fitment to 8p

No Antti 

Revo have a dealer in Finland......

Revo say you need to contact your local dealer in Finland....

The only difference between Revo and Alcon is Revo are CNCing their own Hubs hence the price saving.

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

Here are some photos of my front discs which came off my 8v last weekend - they have done some 4.9k miles and are showing even wear with no hint yet of a lip at the edge. The photo showing the edge of the two discs clearly shows the cooling vanes are not handed.

Attached Files

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Here are some photos of my front discs which came off my 8v last weekend - they have done some 4.9k miles and are showing even wear with no hint yet of a lip at the edge. The photo showing the edge of the two discs clearly shows the cooling vanes are not handed.

Same issue as the MK 1 well documented for 4 years now......

Audi are actually going back to 'round' non wavy discs.

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

Same issue as the MK 1 well documented for 4 years now......

Audi are actually going back to 'round' non wavy discs.

and round in circles  :3:

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

and round in circles :3:

Yep round and round we go Ben......

We'll be 6ft under by the time Audi get around to solving the issue

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

Yep round and round we go Ben......

We'll be 6ft under by the time Audi get around to solving the issue

I solved the issue by buying an SQ5 Plus,no brake problems here :D

rocketer

rocketer

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSweden Stockholm

Yes ok, but 4900 miles = 7885 km which is nearly to nothing. I got somewhere around 6500 miles = 10460 km which is still much and the problems came fast with warped disc. Mine looked like new but was gone. I don't know how people think - but I can't never admit that these discs and pads are good because they are the worst quality I have ever owned and still is. My car has now totally approx 12600 miles = 20277 km which isn't much but my rear brakes looks like they have been out at war or something but no warp, vibrations, squeeky so I am fine with it for now. It is what it is and gonna be swapped earlier to no oem, that's for shure.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Just fitted EBC reds all round as the discs replaced by Audi under warranty 10k ago are started to show signs off lippping,which did inc new pads & calipers

The front pads didnt have much wear & the same for the rear which are orignal with 21k on them ! it seems the front pads are too hard which in turn eats into the discs & more than likely causes the low speed noise problem  :(

The EBCs seem to have a nicer bite but there still bedding at this time !

Ive used the front pads for a Mitsubishi EVO5/7 & Subaru Impreza without wear sensors ! 

All in for £176  :)

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Wear sensors aren't relevant for any one who's hands on like yourself.

I mean one sensor on one set of pads doesn't tell you what's going on with the other 3 sets does it......

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

I found that when i had the A3 3.2 S-Line the pads seem to wear down evenly all round even after four 20min sessions round Castle Combe & f**king the clutch  :( but they still had life at 43k !  :)

Personally i think Audi have used a hard grade pad for high speed perfromance eg fade resistance but then you get a low speed noise/lack off feeling & also a high wear rate on the disc with that set up !  :(

Edited by RS3Dell, 20 November 2016 - 06:15 PM.

red14

red14

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Running report - EBC Rear Brake Discs and Red Stuff Pads.

As I'm messing around with the back end of the car - again - I took a snap of one of the discs.

These were fitted mid-January this year and now have 10k miles on them.

They still have a lovely brake feel (now aided by new fronts) and because the rears don't get too much action there's plenty of life left yet.

The disc and pads are hardly worn at all.

Enjoy.

Attached File  IMG_5372.JPG   65.83K   26 downloads

red14

red14

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Update on OEM front discs with EBC Redstuff pads after 2000 miles :

Consistent braking performance but they prefer a little warming up if possible. No disc judder, shake or noise.

EBC Rear discs with EBC Redstuff pads after 11000 miles :

Seems the brake bias is very much to the front as these discs seem hardly used. Typical of Audi rear brakes then? Otherwise no issues, plenty of life left.

Overall, very happy with these results but appreciate this is a personal experience. Given the volume of posts on this thread, with respect I'd say that for normal road conditions OEM front discs and pads are fine - if they work, and will last around 25k miles. If they don't, change out the pads immediately to save the discs.

Photos show fronts when new and current state, then rears at 9000 miles and current.

Front

Attached File  IMG_5305.JPG   41.19K   19 downloads

Attached File  IMG_5847.JPG   48.53K   16 downloads

Rear

Attached File  IMG_5372.JPG   65.83K   15 downloads

Attached File  IMG_5848.JPG   56.6K   15 downloads

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
Same experience I have had with the ebc Red's. very happy with them.
Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

SK-RS3

SK-RS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
Are majority of you guys running redstuff with or without wear sensor

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Are majority of you guys running redstuff with or without wear sensor

Without. I just made up a loop back plug from the original sensor lead to stop any DIS warning. I keep a regular check on the pad wear when cleaning the car etc.

The pads without the sensor slot are cheaper and easier to get here in the UK. Appears the ones with the slot are only available in the US so cost more and take a while to source.

Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

red14

red14

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

With, got them from the USA (before the exchange rate went daft) but as Duke says it's really not necessary as the loop out or solder seems a very common fix.

I guess as long as you can't hear metal on metal when you push the pedal, you'll be ok  :)

Paul

Paul

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUK
With. From Summit Racing.

Still on the original front disc's. Never had squeal before or after pad change.

I only changed the pads to save the discs from the rivits on the Audi pads trashing the discs.

Same for rear, only changed the discs to MTEC for cosmetic reasons, to get rid of the rusty Audi items and gain the drilled look.

Edited by Paul, 21 January 2017 - 03:55 PM.

SK-RS3

SK-RS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
I need to do a full brake change discs and pads front and back better win that lotto tonight

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.