100 replies to this topic

81llyh

81llyh

Blue! 🔵

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts
Not another topic on the saloon I hear you say...😂

First spy pics. You've seen it hear first...I may just post it on the other forum too 😂😂Attached File  image.jpeg   184.59K   60 downloadsAttached File  image.jpeg   184.8K   51 downloads

peazz

peazz

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Me wants :(

Previous Cars; M135i, F80 M3, 65 Sepang RS3, 15 Catalunya Red RS3 with all the trimmings
Current: Stage 4 Litchfield GTR 650hp/602ftlbs

Foxtrot_Oscar

Foxtrot_Oscar

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationNorth East

Well, the bumper/grill design is the same as the TT RS but apart from that it doesn't look that different from the S3 saloon. Bland? Might be the colour and shot angles, but surprised it isn't more aggressive.

Edited by Foxtrot_Oscar, 20 June 2016 - 11:28 PM.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

First spy shots of saloon seen yet not due in USA until Aug 2017 whilst still no spy shots of facelift RS3  :ambulance:

TX.

Nardo RS4

81llyh

81llyh

Blue! 🔵

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

Well, the bumper/grill design is the same as the TT RS but apart from that it doesn't look that different from the S3 saloon. Bland? Might be the colour and shot angles, but surprised it isn't more aggressive.

We've all seen how it's gonna look. A change of wheels is needed imo Attached File  image.jpeg   99.81K   35 downloads

Edited by 81llyh, 21 June 2016 - 02:58 AM.

81llyh

81llyh

Blue! 🔵

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

First spy shots of saloon seen yet not due in USA until Aug 2017 whilst still no spy shots of facelift RS3  :ambulance:

TX.

:lol: you'll see it here if it happens ;)

petercowdell

petercowdell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationCrewe, Cheshire

You would never take a proto out complete fully with next gen exterior hardware

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

Putting logic into it, the facelift RS3 Sportback (caveated with if it arrives) will not need to be tested because the changes are internal (engine) and cosmetic, the platform and chassis are the same so no prototype needed. You may be seeing spy shots of the saloon because it is the first time they have put this power train into this variant of the MQB variant platform.

It is also a mule, a number of the initial shots of other RS model use normal / S variant bodies with some changes to front, wheels exhaust. I sincerely hope it does come to Europe and as for bland, the 8V S3 saloon for me is one of the best cars design wise Audi make outside the C7 RS6 and R8 so an RS3 that looks similar I can live with that. The proportions are just right, it was never going to be as lairy as the Quattrosport concept.

booker

booker

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

It looks like a mule to me - I just don't get the saloon 'love in' at all :(

Woodstock25

Woodstock25

soon to be an ex RS3 Owner

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Sat behind an S3 cabriolet last night, and I must say that it did look nice.  I have to agree with some of the comments - the A3 saloon is a great looking car.

RS3 FL cabriolet anyone, or would that be just too close to the TTRS Roadster??

petercowdell

petercowdell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationCrewe, Cheshire

Putting logic into it, the facelift RS3 Sportback (caveated with if it arrives) will not need to be tested because the changes are internal (engine) and cosmetic, the platform and chassis are the same so no prototype needed. You may be seeing spy shots of the saloon because it is the first time they have put this power train into this variant of the MQB variant platform.

It is also a mule, a number of the initial shots of other RS model use normal / S variant bodies with some changes to front, wheels exhaust. I sincerely hope it does come to Europe and as for bland, the 8V S3 saloon for me is one of the best cars design wise Audi make outside the C7 RS6 and R8 so an RS3 that looks similar I can live with that. The proportions are just right, it was never going to be as lairy as the Quattrosport concept.

I used proto in place of pre-series for ease. However, any change however significant needs to be validated, especially power-train durability, this however is always done on a proving ground so you would never see it. As you say its a mule which in territory will always be disguised for body lines and such with hardware revisions so that it doesn't look identical to what will be released.

domino

domino

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
stock body looks weak

at least the wagon has the wider front guards
  • 2015 RS3 Sportback Nardo (SOLD)
  • 2020 RS3 Sportback Exclusive (REDUX)

Rs3owner

Rs3owner

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

cant wait to actually see a saloon when its made. see if it has a nice wide stance.

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

I'd expect to see a FL RS3 car doing the rounds, even on the circuits just to make sure it all holds together, as the new engine will still need testing in the car, along with any other small changes, makes no sense to put out a car without doing miles in a mule first, even if its just seen at a petrol station in Portugal. 

I expect it to arrive, but maybe summer next year in the UK?

IOWRS3

IOWRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
Have you say, RS3 saloon is looking pretty nice.

Loving the double front spoiler lip bit

Attached Files

Edited by IOWRS3, 21 June 2016 - 06:08 PM.

monopole

monopole

quattrophenia

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • LocationLimbo

the the old A3 clubsport concept picture, not the FL RS3 sedan (though it may share some looks similarities when released in the US), but doubtful with the double front lip or air brake.

MY16 Glutorange RS3 - how the hell did you not see me coming!

"always do what you always did and you'll always get what you always got"

IOWRS3

IOWRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
Ahh damn! Should've doubled checked

Mr_Freeze

Mr_Freeze

Leeds, Marching on Together.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationWestbury, but originally from Leeds.
Garage View Garage
I saw the title and thought this was some new drinking place for us ;)

Current car: Tesla M3 Performance.

“Lightning" 2012 RS3, Ibis White (Sold).  “Bumblebee” 2018 S1 Competition, Vegas Yellow (Sold).  2020 TTRS mk3 Sport Edition (Sold).

Foxtrot_Oscar

Foxtrot_Oscar

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationNorth East

I'll be waiting for this one

Attached File  13502143_10157206939315045_2577935749195773541_n.jpg   38.19K   37 downloads

domino

domino

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

cant wait to actually see a saloon when its made. see if it has a nice wide stance.

#livingindenial

https://youtu.be/Q2WttWX2FlE

This is what a widebody test mule looks like

7c52d4f4cc1c8812915624624d458ff5.jpg

Edited by domino, 21 June 2016 - 11:08 PM.

• 2015 RS3 Sportback Nardo (SOLD)
  • 2020 RS3 Sportback Exclusive (REDUX)

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.