Very nice Mike ! 

Thanks Roy

Sonnybo55

Sonnybo55

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
Mike I read that you have a super pro gearbox roll restrictor insert, do you find it has made a difference to the drive or is it just to prevent damage?

Mikers4

Mikers4

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationAberdeen

Mike I read that you have a super pro gearbox roll restrictor insert, do you find it has made a difference to the drive or is it just to prevent damage?

It's made a massive difference to engine being pulled under load and will put less strain on my dp mate it's a nice little mod for the £30 me or there about mate

Sonnybo55

Sonnybo55

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
Sorry mike what is a dp? Down pipe? Also do you mind telling me where you got it from pal

Mikers4

Mikers4

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationAberdeen

Sorry mike what is a dp? Down pipe? Also do you mind telling me where you got it from pal

Yeah the downpipe mate saves some of the strain on the flexi. It was just off eBay mate just checked it was £25 delivered the part no of it is spf3365-80k mate just double check that no before you order

Sonnybo55

Sonnybo55

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
Thanks for that Mike, Top man 👊

Edited by Sonnybo55, 25 January 2016 - 09:36 AM.

marshy

marshy

Valued Club Member

• Account Removed
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationDumfriesshire
I was looking at one of these.
How much extra vibration do you get in the cabin?

Mikers4

Mikers4

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationAberdeen

I was looking at one of these.
How much extra vibration do you get in the cabin?

I've had none mate you'd only get a vibration if you went for solid mounts all round. I had this mod in my mk2 Leon cupra and no vibration in that either

marshy

marshy

Valued Club Member

• Account Removed
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationDumfriesshire

I've had none mate you'd only get a vibration if you went for solid mounts all round. I had this mod in my mk2 Leon cupra and no vibration in that either

Thanks you
I thought you'd get some cabin vibration, I've had them fitted to my last few cars and found it really helps with engine movement and overall feel.

Mikers4

Mikers4

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationAberdeen

Thanks youI thought you'd get some cabin vibration, I've had them fitted to my last few cars and found it really helps with engine movement and overall feel.

No problem at I'll keep this updated as much as I can so others can see the progress towards big turbo conversion

red14

red14

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

One thing about this forum - there's always something pops out that I hadn't thought of.

Gearbox roll restrictor insert etc. now added to the shopping list.

Nice colour on a nice car, but I would say that.

(I suppose I'll have to get some detailing done - mine is filthy!)

Looking forward to updates.

Edited by red14, 25 January 2016 - 09:30 PM.

Mikers4

Mikers4

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationAberdeen

One thing about this forum - there's always something pops out that I hadn't thought of.
Gearbox roll restrictor insert etc. now added to the shopping list.

Nice colour on a nice car, but I would say that.
(I suppose I'll have to get some detailing done - mine is filthy!)

Looking forward to updates.

Thanks red14 yeah it makes the misano look good

Mikers4

Mikers4

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationAberdeen
Here is a cheeky pic from a rolling road day

Attached File  image.png   1.45MB   15 downloads

Attached File  image.jpeg   91.76K   15 downloads

Mikers4

Mikers4

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationAberdeen
Car was dyno'd yesterday and made 408 Bhp with 418 torque still running a wee bit rich just need to get to the bottom of that and should see some more ponies

Away to start ordering parts for stage 3 unable to decide on what fuel pump and turbo to go for

red14

red14

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Are these figures right? My Stage 1 Revo (Autotec Port Glasgow) got 396 bhp + 480 torques. Your torque should be through the roof on a turbo car.

To be fair I'm on 2nd cat delete and a forge IC but your numbers should be better for a stage 2

Mikers4

Mikers4

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationAberdeen

Are these figures right? My Stage 1 Revo (Autotec Port Glasgow) got 396 bhp + 480 torques. Your torque should be through the roof on a turbo car.

To be fair I'm on 2nd cat delete and a forge IC but your numbers should be better for a stage 2

They should be more need to swap to a forge front mount to get the intake temps down and fix the mixture and will see good bhp and torque mate

Edited by Mikers4, 14 February 2016 - 01:00 AM.

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen
Mike, I seen/heard your car the other day on North Anderson drive & it sounded awesome but your figures seem low for what you've done.

Mikers4

Mikers4

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationAberdeen

Mike, I seen/heard your car the other day on North Anderson drive & it sounded awesome but your figures seem low for what you've done.

I've had some running issues over fueling and a misfire coming on to boost which I think is sorted it's back on the dyno next week so hopefully see a vast improvement

red14

red14

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Have you changed the sparks and plug coils?

Rob at Autotec was very careful to explain why you should put new plugs in, plug coils too - you'll probably find that the leftmost has corrosion down the hole. Apparently this is common. My old 3.2 had issues with broken coils too so maybe a theme there. Awseome GTI do a good deal for just over £100 the lot.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.