• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

geo_nr1

geo_nr1

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
I am about to be taking delivery of my new RS in Sepang.

I am after your opinions good or bad on the following proposals I have for a new car detail.

1 is Gyeon Mohs and Durabead (2 layers of each)
2 is tha application of Gtechniq C1 & Exo
3 is the application of Gtechniq Crystal Serum

I like nothing more than the sepang maintaining a wet look and I do look after it when I wash it. I'm looking for beading and ease of dirt removal as well as protection to swirling. Obviously there are cost differences between the 3 options but I would welcome opinions.

I would also say that I like flaying my cars in the past to get the slick and smooth feel so not sure if I can do this or need to with these products?

Edited by geo_nr1, 20 January 2016 - 09:39 PM.

kevin69

kevin69

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
I do love a clean sepang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obsidian Detailing

Obsidian Detailing

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Ok if applying yourself i would not go for the gyeon, to work properly curing is paramount with the phps style stuff. And serum is not available to you so C1 and eco would be my choice. You can apply the eco very quickly after the C1 so its actually good for home users. 

If getting a pro to do it i would take their advice. Honestly at the top end of things there is very little in it. Each will swear there accreditation means more. 

Non of them will feel slick, they achieve their hydrophobic qualities by being "rough" coats, think of it like being hairs on a surface, the water actually sits on the air between hairs, thus the fast movement.

ALL the above will look fantastic but i actually think the gyeon will look glossiest if thats the most important factor

geo_nr1

geo_nr1

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Thanks for the reply.

All would get done by a pro with 2 being £50 more than 1 and serum an additional £100 more again than 2. When you say rough, is it noticeable? I'm used to a good clay, polish then wax to give a silky smooth feel which still beaded.

Paul

Paul

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUK
I've got C1/ EXO and it feels as slick as any waxed car I've previously had.

I don't miss the waxing at all. Easy to maintain and upkeep.

Sonnybo55

Sonnybo55

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
I had the crystal serum with exo on top I think they called it the black combo, it was very impressive 👍

Obsidian Detailing

Obsidian Detailing

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Thanks for the reply.

All would get done by a pro with 2 being £50 more than 1 and serum an additional £100 more again than 2. When you say rough, is it noticeable? I'm used to a good clay, polish then wax to give a silky smooth feel which still beaded.

Noticeable will depend on your idea of slick. Noticeable to me for sure, but its not a negative comment more honest user experience. Coatings can be a very different animal to some. 

When i say rough, i don't mean like a car covered in overspray, its on a much smaller scale. Your wash media will move freely when cleaning, but its not like a zaino or something when you throw your microfibre on a flat bonnet and it slides off. They are getting their results in very different ways and would look nothing like each other if magnified when cured. 

Coatings are the future, and thats coming from a wax man, it is undeniable. I have been applying and testing for years now, unless you enjoy waxing specifically, they are literally redundant

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

G-Techniq CS Black detail for me too, so Crystal Serum topped with EXO. Personally I ask for 2 coats or EXO but it makes even white and Suzuka Grey cars wet and glossy looking. Lady P_G has a Scuba Blue A1 and the CS Black protection looks stunning on her car, looks clean / glossy even with heaps of dirt on it.

Yeoy

Yeoy

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • LocationDown South
I have my car booked in for when it arrives.. And opted for the exo aswell... Looking forward to the results

Dannyboy

Dannyboy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationBarge brigade member
Hi,
I too am looking at having the exo done on the arrival when it arrives. Any idea on cost for an RS3
HMS NARDO !!

Spaceman_RS3

Spaceman_RS3

Valued Club Member

• Account Removed
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationCentral Scotland
Check g tech website gives you the prices authorised dealers use roughly.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
My RS3 with the Gtechniq package on top of the detail was an extra £500. This included crystal serum and EXO applications on the exterior/wheels along with all the other products along the line

Edited by JayRS3, 09 March 2016 - 05:51 PM.

Yeoy

Yeoy

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • LocationDown South
I paid £750 included polishing/ paint correction and full detail inc interior wheels glass paint using crystal serum

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

I paid £720 for polishing / minimal paint correction & full detail of interior, glass, exhaust inc. back box, wheels, break calipers & hubs & engine bay.

The paint was protected using Carbon Collective Platinum Paint & topped with Oracle.

The results can bee seen Here

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

Dannyboy

Dannyboy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationBarge brigade member

I paid £750 included polishing/ paint correction and full detail inc interior wheels glass paint using crystal serum

who did you use ?
HMS NARDO !!

simcla18

simcla18

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

I went with an extensive Suntek PPF, with a combination of GYEON (MOHS Q2 - exterior) and Nanolex Si13D. Wheels off, glass, full body and interior.

It came out perfect. I am very impressed.

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

I've had prices ranging between £1,000 to £1,200 from London area detailers for level 2 with CS Black - trying to get prices reduced as I don't want interior or engine bay done which is automatically included in standard pricing. And if I want to add wheel & glass protection that'll be another £270!

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

Took Arnie in this morning for detailing with Gtechniq session next week - level 2 plus CS and Exo protection

Attached Files

Shonky

Shonky

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

I went Gyeon at the recommendation of my detailer Lewis - here's how it turned out:

13335689_1045051202288012_90376053434084

http://www.autodilus...-new-car-detail

I am very pleased with the result! :D

I didn't let Audi polish, clean or touch it - they insisted on running some water over it, but nobody "washed" it until my detailer got it.  Consequently, no paint correction was needed and no swirls were found - a clean, polish and Geyon Mohs2 treatment applied and the car has darkened up slightly, (and I might be biased) looks pretty darned good.

The main issue I have now is - water sheets off it so well that if you powerwash the car, it flies back at you like those anti-piss walls! :o

Edited by Shonky, 06 June 2016 - 08:59 PM.

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

Had update from detailer this morning - has had wheels off & cleaning, protecting everything in wheel arches (suspension struts, brake callipers etc) & has even primed & painted rear brake hubs. Today doing paint correction & refinement and maybe start protection coats at end of today.Attached File  IMG_9130.jpeg   91.65K   8 downloads

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.