Just coded mine with VCDS

Sent from Cyberdyne systems

The_Bear

The_Bear

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Hi mate,

Could you give us a little comparison/review of your RS3 vs your S3 and just how you find the RS3 in general please? I am looking to make a purchase in the next year or so and after coming from a 450+bhp B5 S4 I am considering a RS3 8P, GLA45 AMG or a RS3 8V. The Golf R doesn't really do it for me so I discounted that.

Despite searching for a good forum review for ages I have yet to find one on the RS3 in terms of just how the car is as a daily driver in all aspects.

Hey buddy, 

I am still just to grips with the RS3 as it feels like a completely different car to drive compared to the S3. I took my S3 too stage 1 which is something I highly recommend as it totally transformed the car and made the power curves much more active and removed the power flat in the middle. One thing I have noticed is the RS is much slower to pickup. (turbo spooling).. But when it goes it goes... and boy does it puts a smile on your face. 
The Rs is much quieter on road noise, which could be down to the 19" wheels. The Engine noise of the S3 is a little soft and was something that I always wished was a bit louder, the Rs on the other hand has the iconic 5 cylinder purr.  ^_^ 
Once you get to know how the S3 handles it is very predicable and you can really push it into the corners and power it out! The S-tronic was something that I really liked for how you could just be lazy and let the car drive its self or squeeze the paddles and your back in control. 

Hope this helps!  :)

Attached File  S3 .jpg   48.86K   21 downloads

The old S3....

Edited by The_Bear, 09 November 2015 - 07:36 PM.

The_Bear

The_Bear

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Well that that old love
My ethos on number plate lights though, is to have them as dull as possible ( cameras and poleeece) so going bright would not be my main prioritay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try using an app called "Waze" on your phone  :rolleyes:  :D  It will help + its a sat nav! 

kevin69

kevin69

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
Il download it - cheers buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Bear

The_Bear

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

All important buckets  ???  :(

Not a fan??  They are so comfortable  :)

Attached File  RS Interior .jpg   40.09K   18 downloads

Edited by The_Bear, 09 November 2015 - 07:56 PM.

5potBurble

5potBurble

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hey buddy, 

I am still just to grips with the RS3 as it feels like a completely different car to drive compared to the S3. I took my S3 too stage 1 which is something I highly recommend as it totally transformed the car and made the power curves much more active and removed the power flat in the middle. One thing I have noticed is the RS is much slower to pickup. (turbo spooling).. But when it goes it goes... and boy does it puts a smile on your face. 
The Rs is much quieter on road noise, which could be down to the 19" wheels. The Engine noise of the S3 is a little soft and was something that I always wished was a bit louder, the Rs on the other hand has the iconic 5 cylinder purr.  ^_^ 
Once you get to know how the S3 handles it is very predicable and you can really push it into the corners and power it out! The S-tronic was something that I really liked for how you could just be lazy and let the car drive its self or squeeze the paddles and your back in control. 

Hope this helps!  :)

That's great, thanks for the response and nice S3. I also am a great fan of the bucket seats so you're not alone on that one.

So you would say the RS3 is a bit more 'old school' in it's power delivery? And you are a fan of the s-tronic(a worry of mine after only ever driving manuals)? What route will you take for modifications and tuning?

Paul

Paul

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUK
I used the A5 rear number plate LED's. I documented the VCDS changes on this site, I didn't fancy the resistor and potentially heat from the Kuftec approach.

Buckets are not for me either. I'm not bucket shaped. They have always been off my list.

I moved from 3 previous S3's, first two modded, the last black edition I kept standard.
I was concerned I might not like the S-Tronic having only ever wanted manuals. I need not have worried. The performance of modern RS cars is such now that stirring the cogs for me comes secondary to the enjoyment, of looking where your going and planting the go pedal.

It was only after a matter of months of RS3 ownership when I drove a number of S and RS cars on track, followed by RS4, R8 and RS6 on the road back to back that I realised the Auto box, is the way forward, even the RS6 box , which I later found out was not even an S-Tronic, was fantastic.

Yet when I drove the V8 R8, I was disappointed and really hated the manual gated box.

S-Tronic makes the car.

5potBurble

5potBurble

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Great post and very interesting Paul, thanks, just the kind of feedback I want to hear.

The_Bear

The_Bear

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

That's great, thanks for the response and nice S3. I also am a great fan of the bucket seats so you're not alone on that one.

So you would say the RS3 is a bit more 'old school' in it's power delivery? And you are a fan of the s-tronic(a worry of mine after only ever driving manuals)? What route will you take for modifications and tuning?

I am going to keep her standard until the warranty runs out. Then i am thinking either MRC or APR for Stage 2 as I have already bought a Turbo Back Milltek with a sports cat so only need a Forge FMIC and Intake. 

But If anyone has any recommendations or things to look out for, that would be much appreciated!  :)

booker

booker

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Full suspension makes a huge difference to handling, partic with the extra horses you are dialling in

The_Bear

The_Bear

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Full suspension makes a huge difference to handling, partic with the extra horses you are dialling in

ah thanks, what would you recommend? 

Pat

Pat

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • LocationStaffs/Cheshire border

Seems to be only me on here that would go for these rather than any others but KWs all day long....for me the best there is for many reasons

booker

booker

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

I have Bilsteins B10 on mine and would thoroughly recommend them, but I know Pat has done a huge amount of research and his views will be worth hearing

The_Bear

The_Bear

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Seems to be only me on here that would go for these rather than any others but KWs all day long....for me the best there is for many reasons

I have Bilsteins B10 on mine and would thoroughly recommend them, but I know Pat has done a huge amount of research and his views will be worth hearing

Thanks for the replies, Is there much difference between Bilstein and KWs? 

Pat

Pat

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • LocationStaffs/Cheshire border

Thanks for the replies, Is there much difference between Bilstein and KWs? 

I like the build quality of the KWs and their durability and company ethos......I also want in car adjustability for differing driving needs and I really want to do it off my iPhone lol
As my car (well it's not really a car anymore) will have several map settings I can switch to I also want suspension settings too so that I can tootle around in comfort or go mental dial up the horses and get the suspension as stiff as possible, depending on the road and conditions
I believe KWs will allow me this.....but yeh I know, at a price

The_Bear

The_Bear

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

I like the build quality of the KWs and their durability and company ethos......I also want in car adjustability for differing driving needs and I really want to do it off my iPhone lol
As my car (well it's not really a car anymore) will have several map settings I can switch to I also want suspension settings too so that I can tootle around in comfort or go mental dial up the horses and get the suspension as stiff as possible, depending on the road and conditions
I believe KWs will allow me this.....but yeh I know, at a price

Thanks for your help! 

TEAMJPF

TEAMJPF

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Stunning, love the specs

Rgc rs3

Rgc rs3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Beautiful looking car!! As for the led lights you can also purchase them direct from Audi/tps for an A5 and then programme them in using VCDS. They are only about £15 each and it's a 5 min job to program and fit.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

You can recode using VCDs to stop the bulb out warning in the DIS when fitting rear LED number plate lights  :)

Nobber

Nobber

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Don't even need to code or buy the A5 ones. Just buy a set of these:

https://www.ebay.co....tm/280984494111

Been using them for 2 years in the RS3 and 2 years before that in the S3. Work perfectly and error free.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.