11 replies to this topic

Robinsky

Robinsky

Evo Triangle Guru

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

All,

Just wondered if anyone has any good advice as to how to get rid of the smell of smoke from my car!! The previous owner was a smoker and its now been 29 years since I smoked and don't intend to start again!!!

Any cleaning products that work well for stale smoke?

Cheers

Robinsky

ColinC2

ColinC2

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • LocationBournemouth

I would use a delicate all purpose shampoo that you might use on the exterior / interior carpets, diluted but perhaps not for any stubborn marks (Meguirs make one) and a lot of hard graft. Finish up with a decent interior detaling spray - again Meguirs is good. Should probbaly take about a day ...  :D

I buy my detailing from Polished Bliss in Scotland (http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk) and they have always been good at free advice over the years too. 

BMW M2 in Mineral Grey

Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDi Black Edition

Used to have a Condor Grey RS3 8P, and before that a further 47 assorted money pits

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage
http://www.cleanyour.../prod_1151.html

Robinsky

Robinsky

Evo Triangle Guru

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Bomb purchased. Cheers Daytona-500

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

I hope it sorts the smell out ,I'm a non smoker when I phoned the Audi dealer up about purchasing my current used car (they were 120miles away) the first question I asked was has does the car smell like its been smoked in ,the salesman said as he was a smoker so he would ask a non smoker to go and check he phoned me back and confirmed no,I put £1k deposit on it and went down the next day and bought it.

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

I hope the security services aren't monitoring the forum Robinsky lol😱,what flavour have you gone for?let us know how you get on with it.

Robinsky

Robinsky

Evo Triangle Guru

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Haha good point.... Have gone for the new car smell so hopefully that should do the job.

Robinsky

Robinsky

Evo Triangle Guru

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Ok so the bmob (please read backwards) was squirted into the car last night and no smell of smoke today!!!! Thanks for the advice guys.

Pat

Pat

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • LocationStaffs/Cheshire border

http://www.cleanyour.../prod_1151.html

Nice one for this....it's only 2 miles from the GFs
I'm fed up of registering all my details to buy simple everyday products so it will be a call in....GF had just bought brand new TDI Sline so I'm sure she will be nipping down...........UPDATE she already knows them and has products at home unused.....this is wierd she's into car care and told me ages ago which coach trimmer to use even though I live surrounded by trimmers.....she's never even asked me to undo the top of a jar now I think about it lol

Edited by Pat, 08 March 2015 - 08:46 AM.

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

Ok so the bmob (please read backwards) was squirted into the car last night and no smell of smoke today!!!! Thanks for the advice guys.

Glad it sorted it out.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Nice one for this....it's only 2 miles from the GFs
I'm fed up of registering all my details to buy simple everyday products so it will be a call in....GF had just bought brand new TDI Sline so I'm sure she will be nipping down...........UPDATE she already knows them and has products at home unused.....this is wierd she's into car care and told me ages ago which coach trimmer to use even though I live surrounded by trimmers.....she's never even asked me to undo the top of a jar now I think about it lol

I know what you mean Pat, i pass these guys on the way to a customers so its easy to pop in, they always have time for a chat...... 

One of them lives not far from me and has seen our RS 3 quite a few times.

Browny1992

Browny1992

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
After abit if hard graft with shampoos etc.
Fill the ash tray with bicarbonate soda maybe leave a dish full over night and use a neutradol odour eater
Won't cure it indefinitely but will help.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.