345 replies to this topic

Pat

Pat

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • LocationStaffs/Cheshire border
Thought I'd change my forum build thread and progress to this topic area as it seems more apt now things are underway.....
I still really value advice, thoughts and opinions given and no offence taken for honesty..........lol
"Don't ask the question if you can't handle the answer" philosophy
I've already taken advice from people on here and I have considered ideas that have altered the course taken

If anyone has any little trick ideas or changes that may have no real significance but are just different and cool please post them as I've never looked much at show cars and what tricks can be done

Eg.....ideas recently given...lose rear door handles in favour of remote opening and change filler cap to a solid billet more Motorsport look both of which getting serious consideration

I am going for a fully painted engine bay now and hopefully tidy it up and minimalise it somewhat (I say me I really mean poor Andy Walker at PSI)
The underneath and floor plan is getting fully detailed and I'm hoping this will look trick

I have to choose colour and paint scheme now...ohhhhh God
I do like this colour and Matt finish though ??? Attached File  image.jpg   61.46K   51 downloads

Nobber

Nobber

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Don't do a matt finish Pat. It's been A) done to death and B) just looks wrong.  Cars should be shiny, especially when you're spending so much money on it!!

booker

booker

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

I'm with Nobber on the paint issue Pat - I think you could be more disappointed with a matt finish looking wrong than a 'normal' colour looking, well, normal.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished car, any ideas on finish date? How is the budget looking now compared with original budget, or is a case of 'hang the expense, let's just get it right'??

Pat

Pat

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Thanks for your thoughts Nobber...I never think shiny looks good in the UK other than in a showroom or for 3 days of the summer lol..My M3 is in frozen grey and the stealth look it has is still amazing. Do you really not like that Sepang blue then ?

There would be highligting as well in some areas in the Lambo orange ive chosen for the brakes

I do get what your saying and I would have loved to have gone the Lambo orange in some ways with paint finish deep enough to swim in..Thats not going to work in with the plan now though..

I dont want conservative and yellow would be lovely too but yellow body. black trim, blue/orange seats and charcoal trim. Even for me thats extreme but im picturing it now in my mind mmmmm

Pat

Pat

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

I don't do normal guys...I want to do something radical but not grotesque... only problem is its bloody scary. wrapping is fine as if it looks hideous you change it. A full colour change however isnt so easy

I could leave base colour white and use some blue and orange highlights as per my original idea but time has changed my mind on that

Budget....!!!! yeh that ones out the window now. Ive had some massive shocks in the last two weeks business cost wise that has slayed me so im juggling a bit at present. Yeh its gone over but have you ever known a project budget not ? We be up to new RS6 money by finish date (I just wont specify what spec of RS6 lol)

I wont compromise though and as you say "lets just get it right" only yesterday,  Me: "Andy how much to lose the rear handles and detail the engine bay" !! 

Im hoping finished for the summer......ill be gutted if not. 

Ive already booked accomodation for Audi Driver day and Audis in the Park.....imagine me pulling up in an M3. Be like a Christian in an ISIS camp !!

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

Matte when OEM and not a vinyl wrap and in the right colour can look great with some Crystal Serum on top to give it some sheen and protection. Matte Sprang is OK but I fear Sepang is the new Sprint and has no exclusivity now where every Audi owner can order it relatively inexpensively.

I'm still thinking matte Nardo for my replacement RS3 if I order one.

Edited by P_G, 14 February 2015 - 07:53 AM.

Pat

Pat

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
Thanks for the comments guys....nothing is going unconsidered
Well Saturday night is full on paint searching and image hunting...... what's happened to party Pat as I was known as

Crystal serum ?? Sounds like something the Mrs would use. I'll google it

Pat

Pat

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
Well here goes...at present this is my current favourite.....what you think folks

Body floor pan under arches and engine bay in Lambo Monterey Blue (full colour change)
Calipers and some sweet body detailing in Lambo Ymir........Attached File  image.jpg   64.6K   38 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   56.11K   37 downloads

Or do it all in the Ymir ??

Edited by Pat, 18 February 2015 - 05:40 PM.

Paul

Paul

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUK
All blue gets my vote.

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage
Do it all in the Lamborghini Ymir .😄

Edited by DAYTONA-500, 18 February 2015 - 06:26 PM.

Pat

Pat

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
Haaa blimey guys I can see this going to a vote....!!

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage
Irrespective of the colour its gonna be one special car,can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Nobber

Nobber

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Love the blue.  Not keen on the orange but could work for the calipers.  Out of interest where else are you planning on using it? 

Pat

Pat

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Love the blue. Not keen on the orange but could work for the calipers. Out of interest where else are you planning on using it?

What you mean by "where else" mate ? It's going to be used sparingly of course more importantly to keep the underside and detailing sweet....but it will be used and proved....who knows maybe a 200mph + RS3 !! Dashboard selfie lolAttached File  image.jpg   62.6K   30 downloads

Edited by Pat, 19 February 2015 - 03:15 PM.

Nobber

Nobber

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

in your post about the colours you said:

Calipers and some sweet body detailing in Lambo Ymir........

What other 'sweet body detailing' are you thinking?  Just curious mate.  Think it'll look awesome on the calipers btw.

Pat

Pat

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Irrespective of the colour its gonna be one special car,can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Commit to a colour please ?? Only person allowed on this fence is me lol

Pat

Pat

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

in your post about the colours you said:Calipers and some sweet body detailing in Lambo Ymir........[/size]What other 'sweet body detailing' are you thinking? Just curious mate. Think it'll look awesome on the calipers btw.[/size]

Depends on the chosen main colour really but if I go blue then few bits of the Orange on the bodywork too, bit on the front maybe arches or sill
Considering losing rear door handles and the petrol flap and filler cap for a alu billet one

If I go orange then think it has to be all orange.... Unless someone helps me out with ideas

I've booked a12 year old with an Xbox and Forza Motorsport at the GFs For tomorrow evening to assist in the paint design.....hey you can buy an RS3 on there for £1.50

All ideas and opinions are getting tested and scrutinised on there this weekend hopefully
The detailing ideas can be tested on there Attached File  image.jpg   60.84K   29 downloads
Yet another thought with some orange detailing added

Edited by Pat, 19 February 2015 - 08:32 PM.

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

Commit to a colour please ?? Only person allowed on this fence is me lol

I really like the Ymir but then you'd have to do the highlights in blue.

Pat

Pat

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
What's your take on this folks ??
Attached File  image.jpg   52.41K   34 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   66.19K   34 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   65.12K   34 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   72.98K   36 downloads

Thank god for the skills of 12yr olds

Pat

Pat

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
Saw this thought of me !!Attached File  image.jpg   131.9K   26 downloads

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.